Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not surprised that ZOMG is down. I actually think it's for the best. I mean I can't even remember the last time the developers even made new rings or maps or quest. (Maybe they have) but I haven't seen any. I mean, don't get me wrong it wasn't a awful MMO, but the whole concept and deliver wasn't greatly appealing to me. It got old. And I thought they made a wrong move by making it a browser mmo to begin with. It might be just me but I'm not really upset zOMG is down, and I doubt gaia will attempt to make another mmo in its place.

Dangerous Genius

Developers? What developers?

Actually DMS was the last new content released for the game, back in Nov. '11.
Thard_Verad

Ah ok. I assumed they haven't released any major new content for a while. Even so, mmos are suppose to progress and progress. It just feels like zOMG was being still. I mean compare zOMG by progress with others, like Maplestory which soon too be awesome maplestory 2... and many other mmos. It's just too many other better picks to be sad about this one.

Fatcat

Lord Sinvy
Thard_Verad

Ah ok. I assumed they haven't released any major new content for a while. Even so, mmos are suppose to progress and progress. It just feels like zOMG was being still. I mean compare zOMG by progress with others, like Maplestory which soon too be awesome maplestory 2... and many other mmos. It's just too many other better picks to be sad about this one.

zOMG had a lot of potential and concepts that were different than other MMOs that made it unique and appealing to its community.
They hadn't released new content because Gaia fired the developers and moved the remaining ones to other parts of the site to work on.
When zOMG was still being maintained, a lot of people played, and it made it on a top 10 list in 2012, so if they had kept up on it, who knows where it would be today.

Even though it was "still", plenty of people enjoyed the concepts and community as it was. I've tried plenty of other MMOs and I haven't found one with a concepts or a community like zOMGs, so there aren't necessarily "too many other picks to be sad about this one" when this was the only one that had certain aspects that those others don't.

Hot Bachelor

Thard_Verad

Wow, I feel old. I was just in my teens back then.

I could never find a game that kept my interest as zomg did.

Ice-Cold Lunatic

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Same here. I've went through dozens of MMO's over the last decade and none of them had the appeal that zOMG! had.
I have doubts that all of you went threw and seriously gave other mmos a fair try. zOMG was one of my least favorite mmos.

Fatcat

Lord Sinvy
I have doubts that all of you went threw and seriously gave other mmos a fair try. zOMG was one of my least favorite mmos.

Different people have different opinions. Just because you didn't like zOMG as much doesn't mean that other people /should/ feel the same way.
I've given plenty of MMOs a chance and none of them have been right for me, which is okay and very possible being that I have different preferences than you and the next person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff