I'm here for the gold, yo. 0.12328767123288 12.3% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 73 ]
1 2 >

Shameless Exhibitionist

15,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I've been a Gaian for little more than a decade now, and the community has degraded enough that I only really jump online around Easter and Halloween for the zOMG events.

It's about that time of year that I log back into Gaia and see if there's a Jack event. Wishful thinking, I know, because there hasn't really been a Jack event for years. Low and behold, I can't even find the button to open up zOMG. Some searching of the forums later I learn that it has been disabled.

What a travesty! What disappointment! Not even a bittersweet last stroll through memory lane to revisit the last sites that I slew Jack.

I miss the good old days of adding random people as friends to make Jack hunting easier, and scanning the forums for anyone who had glimpsed which server and map Jack appeared on. It doesn't even feel like a proper Halloween without Jack.

Jolly Cutesmasher

8,950 Points
  • Novice Attacker 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Kaeo-chu
I've been a Gaian for little more than a decade now, and the community has degraded enough that I only really jump online around Easter and Halloween for the zOMG events.

It's about that time of year that I log back into Gaia and see if there's a Jack event. Wishful thinking, I know, because there hasn't really been a Jack event for years. Low and behold, I can't even find the button to open up zOMG. Some searching of the forums later I learn that it has been disabled.

What a travesty! What disappointment! Not even a bittersweet last stroll through memory lane to revisit the last sites that I slew Jack.

I miss the good old days of adding random people as friends to make Jack hunting easier, and scanning the forums for anyone who had glimpsed which server and map Jack appeared on. It doesn't even feel like a proper Halloween without Jack.

Listen. There hasnt been an event on zOMG for years. Also, there appears to be only kickstarters for events all of a sudden.

Shameless Exhibitionist

15,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
hamstermer
Kaeo-chu

Listen. There hasnt been an event on zOMG for years. Also, there appears to be only kickstarters for events all of a sudden.
Oh I know. I only log in for Halloween time and Easter for wishful thinking. (I did just say that in the first post)

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Alas, all we can do is reminisce about the good ol' days...and look at screenies of Zomg Halloweens of yore....except after a hard drive crash, I don't have any anymore. emo emo emo

Tipsy Saint

17,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Kaeo-chu

I was thinking the same thing the other day...I miss the Easter eggs in forums, finding Jack on the world map at Halloween, and holidays in zOMG!!

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
the site has gone 2 an all time low they want ppl 2 pay 4 Gaia Cash when alot of ppl can hardly afford 2 pay there own bills nowadays. I did get gaia cash along time ago but that was be4 they raised the prices on everything in the marketplace

In a relationship with davidmerwin

Shameless Bookworm

25,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
for the last couple years or so i've been hoping they'd bring back the jack and easter bunny events in zOMG, but every time it doesn't happen. it seems as though the gaia staff has become quite a glutton for the money.

Shameless Exhibitionist

15,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
NaRu-neko-chan
for the last couple years or so i've been hoping they'd bring back the jack and easter bunny events in zOMG, but every time it doesn't happen. it seems as though the gaia staff has become quite a glutton for the money.

Here's the thing that bothers me. This website is geared towards the younger crowd. The school aged, non-job having crowd, and Gaia seems to do nothing these days but re-color stuff and put it up for sale for real money, while most of us from the older crowd (the job having, money generating crowd) have left because the content quality has gone down hill.

This does not seem like a good business model. confused

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Unfortunately I've never seen a Halloween event on zOMG!, something I will always regret.
But I do have some fond memories of the egg hunt!
I had to dig through my screenshots because they're all unnamed and I have about 300 of them.
But I found it!
User Image

Shameless Exhibitionist

15,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Whispers of Delusion
Unfortunately I've never seen a Halloween event on zOMG!, something I will always regret.
But I do have some fond memories of the egg hunt!
I had to dig through my screenshots because they're all unnamed and I have about 300 of them.
But I found it!
User Image

It was pretty much the same as the golden egg hunt, but Jack could kill you. In fact it was really common to be killed right before Jack died, losing out on all the good loot, which was frustrating, but part of the fun.

Tiny Noob

oh, I rmb that jack event surprised
I died a lot sweatdrop

Excaliber002's Queen

Sparkly Hoarder

iloveblue
Kaeo-chu

I was thinking the same thing the other day...I miss the Easter eggs in forums, finding Jack on the world map at Halloween, and holidays in zOMG!!
Those are some of my finest memories too!!!
God, I'm sure most of the newbies don't even KNOW there is a World Map to look around. Or if they do click it, they'll probably wonder what the "Love" Building is (Oooooo Hangouts!!!! Ahhh, memories!) and wonder what is with the asteroid crash site. Those who never saw the Van Helson Tower fall, those who remember what the stores originally had in them before the random rebranding (I will never forgive them for that. Especially since a couple stores kept their items while the others were haphazardly strewn about)
I still keep my Golden Egg Ring equipped in zOMG, it's one of my favorite rings! Who doesn't love more gold and loot? I miss the hunting. I miss scouring the forums, jumping servers to break the eggs, hunting down Jack.

Shameless Exhibitionist

15,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Koneko Tsukino
iloveblue
Kaeo-chu

Those are some of my finest memories too!!!
God, I'm sure most of the newbies don't even KNOW there is a World Map to look around. Or if they do click it, they'll probably wonder what the "Love" Building is (Oooooo Hangouts!!!! Ahhh, memories!) and wonder what is with the asteroid crash site. Those who never saw the Van Helson Tower fall, those who remember what the stores originally had in them before the random rebranding (I will never forgive them for that. Especially since a couple stores kept their items while the others were haphazardly strewn about)
I still keep my Golden Egg Ring equipped in zOMG, it's one of my favorite rings! Who doesn't love more gold and loot? I miss the hunting. I miss scouring the forums, jumping servers to break the eggs, hunting down Jack.

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THE LOVE BUILDING!!! heart I met one of my IRL friends through an ad I put up looking for a partner to role play with online. (No, not THAT kind of role play. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

I remember the years we all sat on the edges of our chairs excitedly waiting for the rumors of a battle system.

When the only money Gaia asked for was for the monthly collectables.

I remember when I got my beta invitation to the Towns, running around picking flowers and catching bugs before they even had items you could turn them in to.

Oh man, those were the good old days...ten years ago. I think I'm getting old... eek

Shameless Exhibitionist

15,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Houzuki Ai
oh, I rmb that jack event surprised
I died a lot sweatdrop

I remember the chaos.

User Image

I died a ton too.

(edit) Crap, I think that may be a picture from the golden egg events. I can't really tell since stupid photobucket shrunk a bunch of my screenies. crying

Shameless Exhibitionist

15,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Here's one from the egg event that I saved.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces