Welcome to Gaia! ::

Somber Lunatic

ninjazenakitty
what about a fireworks ring in honor of 4th of july it could add a boost to the damage your combat rings do and make the extra damage higher with more rage. in other words a buff that can help dish out more damage for about 7 minutes (7 in honor of july)(it would be pretty cool) cat_ninja

Uhh... I see the idea..... The point is that I don't really see the link between firework and attack boosts.... But I guess that's not really important I guess, they can make it something else.... And I think 7 minutes it quite, really long for something like that....... A normal buff, and like meat works around 10 minutes, I see the connection with 7 and July, it being the seventh month of the standard year-count. But I think it would be better it to be like, 1 and a half, 2 minutes max, seems more reasonable, or 1 minute 10 seconds [70 seconds] since you really want to do something with that 7.
Names of months with a capital letter, always, just saying.......

SxyCatGirl's Wife

Shirtless Lunatic

x Before Birthday x
You're not the only one saying it really, it just annoys me I have to repeat the same thing over and over again to everyone...... I mean won't everyone if they have to repeat the same thing over and over because people can't be bothered with listening to you, or reading what you wrote in this case..... It seems a normal reaction to me.....

Well again, sorry for being a bother... I didn't read the all the posts before posting myself so I wasn't aware that this had already been stated. sweatdrop
I think what zomg needs more of is luck boosts. I noticed there is an active buff for every stat except luck.

Somber Lunatic

Dymdmind
x Before Birthday x
You're not the only one saying it really, it just annoys me I have to repeat the same thing over and over again to everyone...... I mean won't everyone if they have to repeat the same thing over and over because people can't be bothered with listening to you, or reading what you wrote in this case..... It seems a normal reaction to me.....

Well again, sorry for being a bother... I didn't read the all the posts before posting myself so I wasn't aware that this had already been stated. sweatdrop
I think what zomg needs more of is luck boosts. I noticed there is an active buff for every stat except luck.

It's okay I guess... There's quite a lot though, there, people all complaining about it =.='
And for Luck Boosts, you have Coy R4, that gives luck boosts, Fortune's Favor, a passive that has been created mainly for luck boosts, and Fitness, it gives small boosts of everything, that means luck too. Maybe another one too, but I don't really think so.....

SxyCatGirl's Wife

Shirtless Lunatic

x Before Birthday x
It's okay I guess... There's quite a lot though, there, people all complaining about it =.='
And for Luck Boosts, you have Coy R4, that gives luck boosts, Fortune's Favor, a passive that has been created mainly for luck boosts, and Fitness, it gives small boosts of everything, that means luck too. Maybe another one too, but I don't really think so.....

I know Coyote and Divinity give luck bonuses at higher ranks but what I'm saying is Coyote was created for speed and Divinity was created for Stamina Regen. Also FF and fitness are passives. I want an active buff that focuses mainly on luck.

Somber Lunatic

Dymdmind
x Before Birthday x

I know Coyote and Divinity give luck bonuses at higher ranks but what I'm saying is Coyote was created for speed and Divinity was created for Stamina Regen. Also FF and fitness are passives. I want an active buff that focuses mainly on luck.

I wouldn't know what an active buff, passives are better I think, they work all the time, you need no stamina to activate it, I know there are no higher rage ranks and higher Luck bonuses but still......... But hey, maybe we can get something like that for St. Patrick, with all pot of gold stuff and all, and it'll be like green and called something in the line of 'Lucky Clover', with a little 4 leaved clover on the ring, there you go, you have the concept of a luck ring, that wasn't hard..... Duration is same as normal buffs, stats are like:
R1: 15
R2: 17
R3: 20
R4: 25

Seems reasonable.

SxyCatGirl's Wife

Shirtless Lunatic

x Before Birthday x

I wouldn't know what an active buff, passives are better I think, they work all the time, you need no stamina to activate it, I know there are no higher rage ranks and higher Luck bonuses but still......... But hey, maybe we can get something like that for St. Patrick, with all pot of gold stuff and all, and it'll be like green and called something in the line of 'Lucky Clover', with a little 4 leaved clover on the ring, there you go, you have the concept of a luck ring, that wasn't hard..... Duration is same as normal buffs, stats are like:

Seems reasonable.

I understand what you mean about the passives, I for one think zOMG! needs a few more passives (like maybe a persistent armor passive?) But in a active buff vs. passive argument, yes passives always work and don't require stamina however active buffs affect the entire crew and give higher bonuses when fully raged (but in my opinion the duration of a buff doesn't really make the stamina cost of it worth worrying over and as long as you keep an eye on your buffs you can reapply it when it wears off).
And that would be cool if they did a St. Patrick's day event and made a four leaf clover luck ring for it X3

Somber Lunatic

Dymdmind
x Before Birthday x

Seems reasonable.

I understand what you mean about the passives, I for one think zOMG! needs a few more passives (like maybe a persistent armor passive?) But in a active buff vs. passive argument, yes passives always work and don't require stamina however active buffs affect the entire crew and give higher bonuses when fully raged (but in my opinion the duration of a buff doesn't really make the stamina cost of it worth worrying over and as long as you keep an eye on your buffs you can reapply it when it wears off).
And that would be cool if they did a St. Patrick's day event and made a four leaf clover luck ring for it X3

Yes, would be nice, a passive armor. Can come in handy sometimes, I think. Maybe.... And yes, I know that the entire crew will get the buff with MOST, of the active buffs, when used. But yes, I said most, because when using Turtle or Meat [Yes, I include meat, because no matter what people thing it is a buff, it might be labeled as a heal, but the working is entirely different than other actual healing rings like Band and Diag.] will only affect the person who activated it. With that it will also be most logical for it to be such a buff, because in my opinion that's just the most logical, I hope you understand, I can try to simplistically explain it if you don't know or want to be sure what I mean, I mean that other people should not be rewarded with something you worked for, because you have to work for event rings, No matter how much, or you don't mind or what not, I know it sounds selfish, I can't change that, but, well, you get the point......

SxyCatGirl's Wife

Shirtless Lunatic

x Before Birthday x

Yes, would be nice, a passive armor. Can come in handy sometimes, I think. Maybe.... And yes, I know that the entire crew will get the buff with MOST, of the active buffs, when used. But yes, I said most, because when using Turtle or Meat [Yes, I include meat, because no matter what people thing it is a buff, it might be labeled as a heal, but the working is entirely different than other actual healing rings like Band and Diag.] will only affect the person who activated it. With that it will also be most logical for it to be such a buff, because in my opinion that's just the most logical, I hope you understand, I can try to simplistically explain it if you don't know or want to be sure what I mean, I mean that other people should not be rewarded with something you worked for, because you have to work for event rings, No matter how much, or you don't mind or what not, I know it sounds selfish, I can't change that, but, well, you get the point......

I totally agree with you on meat being a buff and not a heal.
Anyways, if it only affected yourself then it'd basically just be a ripoff of FF (since that ring only affects yourself) and that would kinda ruin my idea .-. also with that kind of logic you shouldn't be able to use sweetheart on other people since you have to pay for it...

Benevolent Codger

Dymdmind

By the same token, you could argue there are no Reflection or Deflection buffs - while there are several buffs that grant the effects, there are no buffs that grant them at every Rage Rank, and most of them are primarily considered Armor Buffs. The reason, of course, is that a dedicated Reflection/Deflection effect would require too much Reflection - using them exclusively as 'add-on' effects is how the game keeps them balanced.

Luck, in particular, is a good effect to use as an 'add-on' for otherwise useful buffs; since it grants no measurable benefit in combat, you want to use it primarily as 'added value' on buffs that players would decide to take or not without factoring the Luck (like Coyote Spirit or Divinity - though the former is still occasionally used solely for Luck), but are difficult to balance without it. Luck is used primarily to add 'something' at higher Rage Ranks, without overpowering the rings it's on. I wouldn't honestly consider dedicated Luck boosts for anything but event rings, and even then the concept is rather uninspired.

Nonetheless, I did propose a ring once that was functionally similar to a Luck boost - it was a 'debuff' you could use on enemies, to increase their gold drops. Because it had a relatively short duration, you would have to time it rather carefully - if the 'debuff' wore off before you defeated the enemy, you wouldn't get the increased rewards. It was designed as a St. Patrick's Day event ring, and I nicknamed it 'Rainbow's End'... sweatdrop

SxyCatGirl's Wife

Shirtless Lunatic

Red Kutai

By the same token, you could argue there are no Reflection or Deflection buffs - while there are several buffs that grant the effects, there are no buffs that grant them at every Rage Rank, and most of them are primarily considered Armor Buffs. The reason, of course, is that a dedicated Reflection/Deflection effect would require too much Reflection - using them exclusively as 'add-on' effects is how the game keeps them balanced.

Luck, in particular, is a good effect to use as an 'add-on' for otherwise useful buffs; since it grants no measurable benefit in combat, you want to use it primarily as 'added value' on buffs that players would decide to take or not without factoring the Luck (like Coyote Spirit or Divinity - though the former is still occasionally used solely for Luck), but are difficult to balance without it. Luck is used primarily to add 'something' at higher Rage Ranks, without overpowering the rings it's on. I wouldn't honestly consider dedicated Luck boosts for anything but event rings, and even then the concept is rather uninspired.

Nonetheless, I did propose a ring once that was functionally similar to a Luck boost - it was a 'debuff' you could use on enemies, to increase their gold drops. Because it had a relatively short duration, you would have to time it rather carefully - if the 'debuff' wore off before you defeated the enemy, you wouldn't get the increased rewards. It was designed as a St. Patrick's Day event ring, and I nicknamed it 'Rainbow's End'... sweatdrop

I've actually thought about a ring that would function mainly to increase reflection... I named it mirror (go figure)
Anyways I was just trying to make an excuse for more luck sweatdrop I'm coming from the viewpoint of someone who farms regularly and your idea would seem to make it more difficult rather than easier seeing as how it has to be used on every individual enemy and has to be timed.

Benevolent Codger

Dymdmind
Red Kutai

I've actually thought about a ring that would function mainly to increase reflection... I named it mirror (go figure)
Anyways I was just trying to make an excuse for more luck sweatdrop I'm coming from the viewpoint of someone who farms regularly and your idea would seem to make it more difficult rather than easier seeing as how it has to be used on every individual enemy and has to be timed.

Alternatively, you could always suggest a ring that simply grants Gold each time you click it. That would be even easier than farming, yes? wink

What I mean to say is that - in many ways - the job of a game is not actually to make things easier on the player, but to make them harder. It's important to recognise the places where making things easier actually improves the games, and the places where doing so would undermine the game's intent...

SxyCatGirl's Wife

Shirtless Lunatic

Red Kutai

Alternatively, you could always suggest a ring that simply grants Gold each time you click it. That would be even easier than farming, yes? wink

What I mean to say is that - in many ways - the job of a game is not actually to make things easier on the player, but to make them harder. It's important to recognise the places where making things easier actually improves the games, and the places where doing so would undermine the game's intent...

A ring like that would make actually playing the game redundant tho .-.
I understand your point but I still think a luck buff would be nice...

Clean Consumer

XxDarkHeavenSoulxX
oh and forgot somethign else they should also make a another defib but wit a different name that revives and heals all the downed players

naa waaaaay overpowered

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,125 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
I would like to see more elemental rings.. since fire rain,rock armor,water balloon and so2 are the only rings that got elemental effect.. they should create like a shock ring that paralyzes enemies for a brief moment causing them to lose dodging ability and willpower.. also the damage should be fairly balance with the effect blaugh (sounds like an odd ring to have) xp

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
x Before Birthday x

Edit: Because people are too lazy to read what I say and what not and my replies and all, I shall point it out here again: Scratch the whole speed idea, it's only there because it fit the concept..... It's mainly all types of boosts to make your attacks more powerful for a brief time.....

Is it visible enough or do I have to make it red too?!

Sounds like an amp.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces