Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Evader

I left for years and I come back a noob, and distraught over how actually unfinished it is, then days later bam! This maintence news!
Oh gosh I sure hope they allow rings to get freely changed again, ya know? It wasn't even that big a deal, or at least fix the targeting system its way too hard for me! I'd especially love to change q/~ to tab for changing targets! ANd buffs should be self-cast when you click them without having to click on someone else! Ya know?! That's how most mmos are and it makes it really hard to have to click then press or click again!!
Ohhhh I'm sooo excited >_<

Oh never mind I forget the general Gaian user has such a close minded thinking about everything. *shrugs*
Which gives evidence of why Gaia is in its current state....
Oh well its not like the game isn't fun or playable even though the controls could use work and are a bit crummy :>
All and all I'm glad Gaia is working on zOMG again

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
And they should make it so that your rings attack Animated and heal and buff others for you, that way you don't have to left-click at all anymore! Ya know?
In all seriousness:

-You can already change controls in-game, including the targeting system. Since zOMG! is a browser MMO, you can't change any of the controls to Tab, as it is a reserved key in browsers
-Spacebar is a shortcut to select yourself, and you can also change the hotkeys so you can target specific crew members

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
I hate to burst your bubble but I don't think they're actually updating it.
It's probably just some bullshit 'oh we need to 'fix' something' where they'll probably just end up breaking it further.
who knows-- maybe they'll prove us wrong for once!

User Image

Demonic Evader

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
And they should make it so that your rings attack Animated and heal and buff others for you, that way you don't have to left-click at all anymore! Ya know?
In all seriousness:

-You can already change controls in-game, including the targeting system. Since zOMG! is a browser MMO, you can't change any of the controls to Tab, as it is a reserved key in browsers
-Spacebar is a shortcut to select yourself, and you can also change the hotkeys so you can target specific crew members
spacebar is way down there , and what? almost every game has self castable buffs and it doesnt make the game mega easier
not everyone is the same or same situation its hard for me to play zomg sometimes due to my small screen and i cannot afford another, what if other players have the same problem, they should be more flexible js
(i dont understand why gaia users have such black and white thinking;; )

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Ms Epic
spacebar is way down there

I just.

I can't.

What.

emotion_facepalm

Vicious Prophet

Ms Epic
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
In all seriousness:

spacebar is way down there , and what? almost every game has self castable buffs and it doesnt make the game mega easier
not everyone is the same or same situation its hard for me to play zomg sometimes due to my small screen and i cannot afford another, what if other players have the same problem, they should be more flexible js
(i dont understand why gaia users have such black and white thinking;; )

What do you mean by "self-castable buffs"? They have a target so that you can buff anyone, not just yourself/your crew.

As for the spacebar being "way down there", if you're that lazy you can just edit that in the game options. Of course, if you're too lazy to hit the space bar...

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Ms Epic
I left for years and I come back a noob, and distraught over how actually unfinished it is, then days later bam! This maintence news!
Oh gosh I sure hope they allow rings to get freely changed again, ya know? It wasn't even that big a deal, or at least fix the targeting system its way too hard for me! I'd especially love to change q/~ to tab for changing targets! ANd buffs should be self-cast when you click them without having to click on someone else! Ya know?! That's how most mmos are and it makes it really hard to have to click then press or click again!!
Ohhhh I'm sooo excited >_<

Oh never mind I forget the general Gaian user has such a close minded thinking about everything. *shrugs*
Which gives evidence of why Gaia is in its current state....
Oh well its not like the game isn't fun or playable even though the controls could use work and are a bit crummy :>
All and all I'm glad Gaia is working on zOMG again

As you have said you have been away for some time, I don't think you really understand what the actual situation has been over the past year -

Last year, Gaia clearly said that they were putting Z! in permanent maintenance mode, and letting all of their developers go - That means there was no one to work on the game, no one who knew how to, and no updates being made. It was baisically decided that the game was left to die. We were frankly lucky over the past few months that anyone bothered to do the regular server cycle, and there was at least one instance where the game went down completely.

Not one of us gave up caring. No one had a closed mind - Every single week there have been petitions made to Gaia staff, begging to bring Z! back to life - They went unanswered.

This sudden announcement has no clear information about when this "maintenance" will happen, or how long it will take, or exactly what will be fixed or updated. Most of us who have been here long enough to understand the basics of the game system see this as a smoke screen for the inevitable --- A polite way of saying, Z! is being tanked for good. The fact that the announcement also says that they will be adding the Z! areas into Towns also implies that they are not going to bring it back. Why would they put in the effort to write an entire new section of Towns, if they were going to bring back Z! anyway? It doesn't make logical sense.

Please, don't get me wrong - I've been one of the people consistently pushing for a revival. But until we see some kind of hard information about the plan, we're not going to get our hopes up, only to be brutally disappointed.

Peace.

heart

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Ms Epic
Oh never mind I forget the general Gaian user has such a close minded thinking about everything.

I'm not sure if you know what that means.

Super Junior

Either this means they're actually gonna do something about this game or they're just gonna ******** it up and take it all down.
I'm personally hoping for the second one so I can yell at Gaia further and sue them the first one

Salty Aggressor

Vicious Prophet

This isn't the zOMG! user base being "closed-minded". We are being cynical, but we have good reason to be. Gaia's current management, by their own admission, has no intention of keeping zOMG! updated. At best it will basic maintenance, at worst this will be the stealthy death of a fun game.

Saxy Coder

to change q/~ :
Menu > Options > Controls > Type in whichever key you want for what

self-cast buffs:
Equip buff ring > Select any player target > click buff

"how unfinished it is"
True, Durem and Aekea were never completed, but we have a full quest line which will take you from Barton Town to Otami Ruins and teach you the basics of gameplay. After you are done with that, you are free to play on your own and explore. There are currently two endbosses as well: Labtech and Kamila. It's a pretty "complete" game, in my opinion, and there is plenty of content to go and replay if you want. Sure, it's not like those MMORPGs that you have to download which update content and storylines each week/month, but for a "free to play game which does not require any downloads beside basic browser settings, and allows you to wear whatever you want", it's very nice.
(Here's a collection of stuff the Devs had planned though)

I wouldn't really call us a "general Gaian user" though.
Those guys are mostly the ones who have real cash to spend which they use to convert into virtual golds for easy money. zomg players are those people who are living off of free GC offers in order to afford power-ups and trying to nerf every day because we don't have anything to vend. We know how hard it is to enjoy this game, and we know how long Gaia has been ignoring it, so we aren't exactly the most optimistic at the moment.

Popular Noob

Maintenance does not equate to a content update.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff