Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Despair turns into pain; anger turns into hate

If this exact idea has been brought up before, shoot me... 'cause... I don't want to be pushing fail-tastic ideas.

Anyway, my idea is the following: what if acquiring kill-related badges made you more effective against the type of animated related to the badge? Sounds complicated, and it probably would be to impliment, but think about it? What happens after you kill the same monster over and over and over? You learn it's strengths, weaknesses, attacks, defenses, etc. So your character would apply that knowledge to each strike. It wouldn't be a massive boost, just something like the following:

50 kill badge grants a 5% boost to attacks against all animated of that type.
500 kill badge grants a 10% boost to attacks against all animated of that type
5000 kill badge grants a 15% boost to attacks against all animated of that type

Now let me get specific. Notice that I said "animated of that type." Let me give you an example. Say you have the 5000 Shockroach kill badge. You receive a 15% attack boost against Shockroachs and Lightning Bugs and Deathroachs. Another example which would have an effect on boss monsters is Kokeshi Dolls. If you have the 5000 Kokeshi Doll kill badge, you'd receive a 15% attack boost against Kokeshi Dolls and Kokeshi Collectibles and Kat's Kokeshi Doll and the Kokeshi Nexus.

OMG, Someone had an idea that I found fantastically better than mine:

Tristan Crisscoula
I definitely like the principle behind this. Giving more incentive to kill count badges than just a pretty picture in your profile and bragging rights.

But I think it would be better to give a permanent buff that would apply to everything, rather than just to that one group of animated. Because I can tell you right now, I will never farm mushroom cannons again once I get that damn 5k badge. D <

I think, instead, maybe just a little tiny stat bonus for each badge would be more appropriate... so, for example, having the 5k brain clams badge might give you a +3 - +5 boost to your willpower stat. It wouldn't be a huge bonus by any means, but if you went through and got all the 5k badges, they'd all add up to something decent. Sort of like, an extension of the ghi boosts you get. xD *shrugs*

Anyway... thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? I'm open! I'd also like a developers opinion! ^_^

Revenge calls my name--spellbound by my rage
nice idea, though i think bosses (like kat's doll) should b excluded from that idea, just 2 keep something at a level field (i have a thread w/ a unique idea like this called "What do you think of this idea for zOMG?" check it out plz?)
it's not a bad idea, but it seems to overlap with ghi abilities, and that in itself makes things a bit too complex.

Dapper Phantom

System.out.print("

I'm thinking a 15% boost is almost too much... perhaps more like 0.5%, 5%, and 10%?
Maybe 1%, 5%, 10%? Or 3%, 6%, 10%?
Idk though.
");

Shy Werewolf

PowderedVinegar
it's not a bad idea, but it seems to overlap with ghi abilities, and that in itself makes things a bit too complex.

User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

Why not combine them? Once you kill something so much, you know how it's built using G'hi, so you can take it apart faster... You get a G'hi ability increasing your stats against it and things similar to it.

On another note, how about increases for certain stats against certain things? Some things a damage boost, some things a Dodge boost... Maybe even a STA consumption reduction? You know how to hit it just as hard without tiring yourself as much?

Ex. Killing Cherry Fluffs gives you a damage boost so that you can kill them before they get closer to you.

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Horntastic
System.out.print("

I'm thinking a 15% boost is almost too much... perhaps more like 0.5%, 5%, and 10%?
Maybe 1%, 5%, 10%? Or 3%, 6%, 10%?
Idk though.
");

I thought about doing decimal points, but that wouldn't really work at the lower levels. The 3-6-10 sounds good though.

@Vinny: Yeah, but G'hi is only around when your G'hi is full. These bonuses would be constant. Kind of like the boon of Chaloc you receive after you complete The Stone Coatl.

it would make the 5k badges more worth going after.
Yoru Kurosawa
Vinny: Yeah, but G'hi is only around when your G'hi is full. These bonuses would be constant. Kind of like the boon of Chaloc you receive after you complete The Stone Coatl

that's ghi abilities, not the ghi meter i was talking about. i meant the permanent ones u earn by playing a lot.

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PowderedVinegar
Yoru Kurosawa
Vinny: Yeah, but G'hi is only around when your G'hi is full. These bonuses would be constant. Kind of like the boon of Chaloc you receive after you complete The Stone Coatl

that's ghi abilities, not the ghi meter i was talking about. i meant the permanent ones u earn by playing a lot.

Ah. Yeah, though G'hi doesn't affect damage, does it?

Professional Novice

User Image
Well, it would be nice if the kill badges meant something other than you have a lot of time on your hands. xd

Tipsy Elder

Bladeglory
PowderedVinegar

Ex. Killing Cherry Fluffs gives you a AoE boost so that you can kill them before they get closer to you.
Makes more sense to me, personally *shrugs*

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
KaylaGalela
User Image
Well, it would be nice if the kill badges meant something other than you have a lot of time on your hands. xd

That too! Gives us bored CL 10s something to work forward to! Not that any of these animated will show up in other maps... After all, killing certain fluffs would just make you more effective against that type of fluff 8D

I really like this idea however once I get a 5k badge I don't ever want to go after that animated again...

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
There are some enemies that don't have badges though.

and either way I think most people who go for the 5K badges don't suppress, so they're probably one-hit KOing them anyway.

If you were orb farming I could see it being mildly useful. Only mildly.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Well... aside from the fact I'd have to wonder about someone who would want to keep killing stuff after killing 5000 of them...

Sounds like a fun idea ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces