Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Sweetheart

10,300 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
So I have been gone from ZOMG for about a year because of personal things, but when i finally came back, ( the last day of the Easter event) I decided to try ZOMG again. emotion_awesome

......And I found out that I don't exactly know the new terms that people are using. sweatdrop .___.
so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me by explaining what exactly is AoE?
In addition to that i was poking around this forum and saw the word 'Tuna' more than once and am now wondering if that is a new term too???

If there are others out there that are confused too please post and I will make a lexicon dictionary on here then whee

So here is a growing list of ZOMG words so far :] and please post any other words that you think i might be missing from here and I will update this list:

emotion_awesome ZOMG Dictionary emotion_awesome
Big thanks to TasteChaos for the lovely start heart

Smob = Farming in Shallow Seas up to the entrance of the robofish-cave, at this point the crew disbands and starts again.

Smeb = Going all the way to endboss in Shallow Seas.

DMS = Dead Man's Shadow, the new area in Bill's Ranch for level 10+ players.

YM = Yellow Maze, the first part of DMS

GR = Green Room, the start of the Green Maze which follows after the Yellow Maze in DMS
HPR = Hundred Percent Room, the area after Green Maze in DMS where you eventually will find Kamilla.

BL = Blood Lust. The final part of DMS, here you battle Kamilla.

Tuna = Slang for attunement, you get attuned once you first find Kamilla in DMS and talk to her. After that you have to complete several other quests to become fully attuned and are able to use the Domo-door.

Domo-door = The door above the entrance in DMS, where attuned players can go through and go straight to Green Maze, skipping the Yellow Maze.

Aggro = The monster's hate/attention towards a certain player, if you have aggro that means the monster is attacking and following you. Players usually get aggro when they heal alot.

Tank = The thank is a player stacked up on heals going with a crew into DMS and lure all the monster's attention (aggro) to themselves, so the other players won't get hit and can go on their killing spree.

Kite = A different type of tank used in Green Maze. The Kite runs back and forth in a room, with all monsters following.

BU = Back-up. A term used in Green Maze crews, the BU brings heals to heal the tank when the tank's health drops below a certain point.

BUBU = Backup-backup. A term used in Green Maze crews, the BUBU brings heals to heal tank and crew when needed, the BUBU intervenes after the BU has stepped in.

DPS = Damage Per Second, it's a description of how much damage a ring does, but in crews the players who are not tank or BU or BUBU have the role of "DPS'er". They just kill and try not to get killed themselves.

E = Entrance, the first room you walk right into when you enter DMS, there are no monsters here and you can see the Domo-door on the ledge.

X = One way

M = Middle

R = Right

BR = Bottom Right

L = Left

BL = Bottom Left

C = Crack

BD = Big Door

Big thanks to anyone that helps me <3
Much love to you guys and ZOMG

~Cari

Distinct Gaian

Aoe is a term used to describe attacks that effect an area rather than a single target ie Aoe = area of effect

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Tuna is abbreviation for "Attunement run"
AKA getting past the green maze and into the "100%" room and defeating the counts and so forth.

Bibliophile

I had the exact same problem after I left zOMG for a while, I took a few-years-break and when I came back there was a new area complete with all sorts of tactics and abbreviations I didn't undersand, and it took me a good while to figure everything out.
Here's some of the terms that confused me:

Smob = Farming in Shallow Seas up to the entrance of the robofish-cave, at this point the crew disbands and starts again.
GR = Green Room, the start of the Green Maze which follows after the Yellow Maze in DMS
HPR = Hundred Percent Room, the area after Green Maze in DMS where you eventually will find Kamilla.
Tuna = Slang for attunement, you get attuned once you first find Kamilla in DMS and talk to her. After that you have to complete several other quests to become fully attuned and are able to use the Domo-door.
Domo-door = The door above the entrance in DMS, where attuned players can go through and go straight to Green Maze, skipping the Yellow Maze.
Aggro = The monster's hate/attention towards a certain player, if you have aggro that means the monster is attacking and following you. Players usually get aggro when they heal alot.
Tank = The thank is a player stacked up on heals going with a crew into DMS and lure all the monster's attention (aggro) to themselves, so the other players won't get hit and can go on their killing spree.
Kite = A different type of tank used in Green Maze. The Kite runs back and forth in a room, with all monsters following.
BU = Back-up. A term used in Green Maze crews, the BU brings heals to heal the tank when the tank's health drops below a certain point.
BUBU = Backup-backup. A term used in Green Maze crews, the BUBU brings heals to heal tank and crew when needed, the BUBU intervenes after the BU has stepped in.
DPS = Damage Per Second, it's a description of how much damage a ring does, but in crews the players who are not tank or BU or BUBU have the role of "DPS'er". They just kill and try not to get killed themselves.

This is pretty much all I could think of right now, I hope it helps a little ^^
TasteChaos
I had the exact same problem after I left zOMG for a while, I took a few-years-break and when I came back there was a new area complete with all sorts of tactics and abbreviations I didn't undersand, and it took me a good while to figure everything out.

OHGOSH~!! This seriously helped me a lot xDDD I was gone for a few years and had the same experience with the terminologies ^0^~~~~~ now i understand.

Shy Sweetheart

10,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
TasteChaos

heart Thank you so much <3 would you mind terribly if i was to put this as my first post then? It is super help full heart
Thanks <3
~Cari

Shy Sweetheart

10,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
Environmental Unity
Tuna is abbreviation for "Attunement run"
AKA getting past the green maze and into the "100%" room and defeating the counts and so forth.

Thanks so much <3 when i first saw the word Tuna i thought there was a new fish ring or sandwich ring sweatdrop
~Cari

Shy Sweetheart

10,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
booze bender
Aoe is a term used to describe attacks that effect an area rather than a single target ie Aoe = area of effect

Thanks biggrin <3
~Cari

Bibliophile

Carimine
TasteChaos

heart Thank you so much <3 would you mind terribly if i was to put this as my first post then? It is super help full heart
Thanks <3
~Cari

You're welcome ^^ And ofcourse you can use it as your first post.
Ugh I remember how confused I was when I got back and sometimes people aren't very helpful, so it took me a looonggg time to understand all this XD I've thought of some more things that might be helpful btw. As you may have noticed, people map the Yellow Maze or Green Maze sometimes, and for this map, (guesswhat) abbreviations are used XD
E = Entrance, the first room you walk right into when you enter DMS, there are no monsters here and you can see the Domo-door on the ledge.
X = One way
M = Middle
R = Right
BR = Bottom Right
L = Left
BL = Bottom Left
C = Crack
BD = Big Door

Hope it helps biggrin

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Vicious Prophet

Nostalgic Sea

That guide is a little outdated; they still list sEB as an abbreviation and not smeb. Plus smob refers to Shallow Seas farming exclusively now.

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Pan Twardowski
Nostalgic Sea

That guide is a little outdated; they still list sEB as an abbreviation and not smeb. Plus smob refers to Shallow Seas farming exclusively now.

Hey at least it's better than nothing. If the OP updateds it it would be fabulous.

Shy Sweetheart

10,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
Nostalgic Sea

Thanks alot :] but I think that I will also just create another dictionary here heart more dictionaries won't hurt right?

~Cari

Shy Sweetheart

10,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
TasteChaos
Carimine
TasteChaos

Thanks <3
~Cari

You're welcome ^^ And ofcourse you can use it as your first post.
Ugh I remember how confused I was when I got back and sometimes people aren't very helpful, so it took me a looonggg time to understand all this XD I've thought of some more things that might be helpful btw. As you may have noticed, people map the Yellow Maze or Green Maze sometimes, and for this map, (guesswhat) abbreviations are used XD
X = One way
M = Middle
R = Right
BR = Bottom Right
L = Left
BL = Bottom Left
C = Crack
BD = Big Door

Hope it helps biggrin

It does help alot heart you get a donut!! yum_donut

~ Cari

Quick Reply