Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im worried about the Gaia online battle system's would be effects on the Gaian economy since it will obivously make gold a lot easier to earn. Hence the supply of gold will increase thereby reducing its value which means that you will need to pay more gold in the marketplace creating massive round the house modifaction in economic dynamics.

For example.

Look what happened to Spain because it had a sudden surge of gold and silver wealth from its colonies.

Quote:

The Spanish Inflation

The reasons for this are complex, but it seems clear that at least in part it was a matter of a sharply increasing amount of money (in the form of silver and gold) chasing a relatively fixed output of goods and services, thus bidding up the price.

-http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_437.html

Like real gold during the 16th century Gaia Gold is the only standard of currency. Which means we can expect the same results!

Safeguards must be put in place to prevent too much inflation, which will destroy the monetary stability and status quo.

Original Pusher

8,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Brandisher 100
They have started to try to do that with the OMG boxes, and the cinemas have pay to use options. now many things that were once free (little things, like buying the usable items in the vj, or in towns) cost gold as well. But I absolutely agree with you. Big steps will be taken, I'm sure.
GrandMasterDark
They have started to try to do that with the OMG boxes, and the cinemas have pay to use options. now many things that were once free (little things, like buying the usable items in the vj, or in towns) cost gold as well. But I absolutely agree with you. Big steps will be taken, I'm sure.

Big steps will be taken and it will adversely affect everybody.

Long-time Pumpkin

Nobody expects THE MARKETPLACE INFLATION!~ 4laugh [/Monty]

It shouldn't matter too much, since the marketplace goldsink will help somewhat with the sale of rings. Rings may even become the best goldsink Gaia ever has 3nodding
Lolicon Jr
Nobody expects THE MARKETPLACE INFLATION!~ 4laugh [/Monty]

It shouldn't matter too much, since the marketplace goldsink will help somewhat with the sale of rings. Rings may even become the best goldsink Gaia ever has 3nodding

Hmmm good point.
But I think the gold sinks in place will only matter, minimaly. Theres just too much variance rofl

Long-time Pumpkin

RenegadeBanana
But I think the gold sinks in place will only matter, minimaly. Theres just too much variance rofl

Well, to start when rings first hit the MP, prices will be WAYHIGH. And the 2% comming off those sales will help take some rich Gaian's hordes down 3nodding

Later on it won't matter so much, but the sinks will help 4laugh
*Blinks in a dazed fashion*

Wait a sec, who says the MMO will make it easier to earn gold? Don't assume we're going to be getting big honking piles of that shiny stuff from monster drops, because I doubt you'll get more than 1-5 per minute of fighting depending on your killin' speed. Granted, the first Rings to hit the MP will be hella overpriced, but it should balance fairly quickly.
Lolicon Jr
RenegadeBanana

Well, to start when rings first hit the MP, prices will be WAYHIGH. And the 2% comming off those sales will help take some rich Gaian's hordes down 3nodding

Later on it won't matter so much, but the sinks will help 4laugh

What about teh rest of social classes of Gaia? wink
The Right Honorable MG

Wait a sec, who says the MMO will make it easier to earn gold? Don't assume we're going to be getting big honking piles of that shiny stuff from monster drops, because I doubt you'll get more than 1-5 per minute of fighting depending on your killin' speed. Granted, the first Rings to hit the MP will be hella overpriced, but it should balance fairly quickly.

Your right. We dont know anything yet.
RenegadeBanana
The Right Honorable MG

Your right. We dont know anything yet.

Then why did you say "it will obviously make gold a lot easier to earn"? Don't tell me you were talking out of your a**, because MG doesn't like it when peoples do that.

Aged Informer

I agree with The Right Honorable MG (cool name there). We don't currently know what the situation gold will be like. There are three areas for comparison.

Will you get more gold then you do from towns per minute (a reasonable measurement I think)?
Will you get more gold then fishing (we do remember the fishing game right)?
Will you get more gold then posting in the forums?

Uses for gold:

Cards, with the new saber item as a prize for tickets we have one gold sink already. I know I'm good enough to come out slightly ahead about half the time while playing Cards but that doesn't mean everyone will. Right there you have gold leaving the system. Then the fact that gold gets turned into tickets which is then spent, thus removing that gold from circulation. New sabers will have to be bought in order keep pace with new player demand, if they don't actually go get one themselves.

(speculation) Store items, a nice shop with either weapons, armor, or nice battle related cloths will also work to help drain gold.

(speculation) Possibility of expendables such as healing potions or the like is another decent option as a skin.

(speculation) My personal favorite is conceptual sink is the alternate effects packages for ring animations. Done like Gaia Hair, alternate animation styles would offer another very creative expansion to the system and offer an attractive gold sink.

In the short term the first three questions are the important ones. If it doesn't generate anymore new gold then Fishing or the Forums then we don't have a direct problem. The issue arises when we have more users joining specifically for the Battle System. If anything will create havoc with the markets it will be, and has been, floods of new users. This is most true with MC and Event Item prices since those are limited.
hi all mrgreen mrgreen
That only means that you will just have to fight harder and better than normal, to make more gold.

In my opinion, it will even it out, and make collecting gold EASIER! Not only do you get gold from monsters, you can use the items they drop to make more items which you can sell for more gold if you please. Plus, you can also sell the rare rings they drop.
RenegadeBanana
Im worried about the Gaia online battle system's would be effects on the Gaian economy since it will obivously make gold a lot easier to earn. Hence the supply of gold will increase thereby reducing its value which means that you will need to pay more gold in the marketplace creating massive round the house modifaction in economic dynamics.

For example.

Look what happened to Spain because it had a sudden surge of gold and silver wealth from its colonies.

Quote:

The Spanish Inflation

The reasons for this are complex, but it seems clear that at least in part it was a matter of a sharply increasing amount of money (in the form of silver and gold) chasing a relatively fixed output of goods and services, thus bidding up the price.

-http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_437.html

Like real gold during the 16th century Gaia Gold is the only standard of currency. Which means we can expect the same results!

Safeguards must be put in place to prevent too much inflation, which will destroy the monetary stability and status quo.

Through out the history of the world countless countrys fave incountered this problum including America, Spain, Germany, France, Russia, Japan, and China to name a few. I see it can become a big problum for Gaia and we could see an inflation in the market. Sorry about the spelling every one it's not my strong point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff