Welcome to Gaia! ::

let's stop wasting energy on this, shall we?

lets just try and get along with eachother :3 0.34710743801653 34.7% [ 42 ]
but i loooove hating >:o 0.041322314049587 4.1% [ 5 ]
i dont care at all, i am just that cool. 0.1900826446281 19.0% [ 23 ]
i used to care, but it made me numb. 0.066115702479339 6.6% [ 8 ]
luze, you are seeing things that arent there, now take your meds and shut up 0.066115702479339 6.6% [ 8 ]
calm down, there are higher reasons for everything, just have faith 0.0082644628099174 0.8% [ 1 ]
but these elitists make me sooooo maaadddd! 0.074380165289256 7.4% [ 9 ]
but these anti-elitists make me even madder! 0.041322314049587 4.1% [ 5 ]
the word elisitsts makes me auto-mad! *auto-downvotes* 0.041322314049587 4.1% [ 5 ]
i never heard of elitists in the zomg community 0.12396694214876 12.4% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 121 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Alien Lightbringer

edit: ok i changed this thread's title, finally xD since it is not about who or what elitists exactly are but about the fact there is some very unpleasant hating going on between players and the term used for the targets of hate remains "elitists", and it affects the wrong people more often than not.

i am sure this topic is most tiresome for many, and those who have been accused of being an elitist and badmouthed for months are long over being sick of it. but there are more and more players who have beaten the game more often than others, and when they try to help people on their first eb or kamila kills they start being called elitists and treated badly for no real reason as well. this trend really has to stop!
since humorous, sarcastic and trollish attempts to talk about this have failed let me try and say it as mature and heartfelt as i can.

just who exactly are those elitists? it seems everyone has another definition of it. but what it seems to come down to for most people i talked to is:
players who understand the game mechanics and either come up with tactics how to beat the game or adapt such tactics, who try to explain to other players how to play more efficently and last but not least can get impatient on times when all the reaction they get in return is stubborn ignorance, misunderstanding or plain and simply the accusation of being an elitist and automatic a*****e. and having friends among the more wellknown "elitists".
i am not even getting into how people who fit this description accuse eachother of being elitists *cough* >>

why do i type this out? because this just happened to me, friends i was going to help with their first kam kill accusing me of being an elitist for pointing out we need to use ghi amps to play bloodlust and by trying to find a tank to tank bloodlust for them i supposedly tried to take over their crew and bring in my so called elitist friends. please ...

this is not only happening to me, this happens daily and friendships break because of the image of the "bad elitist" in people's minds.
its painful to see your friends sad by being affected by such accusations and it sure as hell stings when it happens to you, and you know you could be next. buck up community, please!

i wish i would be that cool to stand above all that and just say "fine, i can leave crew if you suddenly dont like me anymore, think of me what you want or come back to me later to apologize for this bullshit" but yes, i am not that cool. i am also just a person with feelings who just wants to have a fun time with friends playing a game. as exhausting as it was i did work this issue out with my friends so i could sleep well. but i more than hope this sort of thing would just stop happening, and a little help from an experienced player could just be seen as that and nothing else.

PS: you guys involved in that run i am refering to, you know all apologies are accepted <3 you know this thread is not personally aimed at you but at a sadly real general issue. cause i know that not everyone can succesfully work out these things when they happen to them :/

edit: quoting Venteux'd's definition of an elitist that i think says it pretty well, now compare if that is why you call a certain person elitist - your hate target - and maybe think twice. not saying there are no players who fit this image:
Quote:
Its ok to complain or remind a person (about derping, missing buffs etc), but what an elitist does is an elitist will actually get mad and wont take the situation maturely. An elitist might say degrading comments about the person for making 1 mistake or a couple tiny ones. Like I know someone in smob that said I was horrible at using fleet because I used it 2 seconds after the boxes were opened. instead of doing it exactly when the boxes were opened. That is an example of elitist behavior.

Questionable Perfectionist

14,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
this whole elitist nonsense is lame D;
I was so damn grateful, when someone helped me with dms - or long before that with all my other quests and tasks in zomg. I didn't mind getting told what to do, which rings to bring - and rly i cant see why this is a bad thing. if you want to figure the game out all by yourself - fine. no problem at all, but don't ask for help then, just to freak because of the answers. i love to help - i hate being called things because of it for no reason. so yeah... i would say its not all in your mind. sadly.

Alien Lightbringer

Archaic Tragedy
this whole elitist nonsense is lame D;

isnt it u_u such a waste of time and energy. i could just stop caring about it myself i suppose but i am willing to work such issues out where i can in order to not see bad blood growing more among players and friends. i do want a good time on here after all D: just like everyone else

Alien Lightbringer

MellowCat
I was so damn grateful, when someone helped me with dms - or long before that with all my other quests and tasks in zomg. I didn't mind getting told what to do, which rings to bring - and rly i cant see why this is a bad thing. if you want to figure the game out all by yourself - fine. no problem at all, but don't ask for help then, just to freak because of the answers. i love to help - i hate being called things because of it for no reason. so yeah... i would say its not all in your mind. sadly.

thank you mellow for sharing your view on this <3 i see it the same way. the help i got from more experienced players and the things i could learn from them are priceless and make this game so much more fun, i can't see how this is bad at all, personal issues between individual players aside.

Destructive Bunny

I made a topic about this when I first returned from hiatus. Did not understand then hate then, still don't understand it now. gonk

Edit: The thread I made back in Jan xd
Wat? You'd think those people would be glad you're helping them.... -.-

Alien Lightbringer

Starshine
I made a topic about this when I first returned from hiatus. Did not understand then hate then, still don't understand it now. gonk

ohh i remember this thread yes ^^! the same thing thats always going on i suppose gonk

it seems to me though a lot of newer players seem to pick up on the "evil elitists" thing more thanbefore and start to stuff all sorts of often mentioned names into the same drawer even if they apparently dont have much experince crewing with them. it seems like a given fashionable thing that there is somethign like "us and them" and people need to be sorted into either category ._.
oh during my little incident here i got blamed i started sounding like dark runner and omnileech ... i was like wha?? those two sound nothing alike xD

Peachy_Girl_Momo
Wat? You'd think those people would be glad you're helping them.... -.-

right? if it would have been random people i guess i would have cared less, but they were even friends D: how can elitists hatred be stronger than friendship x.x ...

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I used to be an elitist last year , then the game changed and new things were added.

I wouldn't really mind getting help right now and I don't get why people go on about the elitist being 'evil' and whatnot...

They beat the game people , they're trying to help , SHUT THE ******** UP , SUCK UP YOUR EGO , AND LISTEN!

emotion_donotwant
luze
Starshine

ohh i remember this thread yes ^^! the same thing thats always going on i suppose gonk

it seems to me though a lot of newer players seem to pick up on the "evil elitists" thing more thanbefore and start to stuff all sorts of often mentioned names into the same drawer even if they apparently dont have much experince crewing with them. it seems like a given fashionable thing that there is somethign like "us and them" and people need to be sorted into either category ._.
oh during my little incident here i got blamed i started sounding like dark runner and omnileech ... i was like wha?? those two sound nothing alike xD

I crewed with one of them more than once, when i was only cl.10 and trying to set foot into dms. I had fun crewing, and there were no problems at all. But like you said, it's about what ppl want to believe. Oh, and I had fun crewing with you and your friends - at least when there was no lag wink I hope it won't get you down too much, and I hope ppl will come to terms and stop that category stuff.
Ran For My Life
I used to be an elitist last year , then the game changed and new things were added.

I wouldn't really mind getting help right now and I don't get why people go on about the elitist being 'evil' and whatnot...

They beat the game people , they're trying to help , SHUT THE ******** UP , SUCK UP YOUR EGO , AND LISTEN!

emotion_donotwant

If I can assist you with anything, just let me know 3nodding

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
MellowCat
Ran For My Life

emotion_donotwant

Awww you're such a sweetheart thank you so much emotion_kirakira

I need help with the whole Deadman's Shadow thing because I have no idea what this is to be frank with you O___O;

And what are those weird little black orb thingies? D:

Alien Lightbringer

MellowCat
Ran For My Life

emotion_donotwant

I need help with the whole Deadman's Shadow thing because I have no idea what this is to be frank with you O___O;

@ Ran : haha yeahhh see there is one thing, the whole Elitists thing has evolved into something else than what it once was i guess. i dont care if people call themselves elitists, but i know i wasnt even reading zomg forums or had any zomg playing friends when i started playing, i knew nothing about eilitsts, and coming from my native culture i would really not like to use such a word to describe myself xD but i dont care if others do :3. the really good players i met while playing dms, i don't think many of them would call themselves elitists at all, but they do get called that easily by haters :/

and i am with mellowcat, up for helping you get into dms ^^ currently you need a bloodstone to enter the dms area thats within dead mans pass in bills ranch, but whe nthis yellow forum bar omn top of the page is filled, every once in a while for a few days, its free for all. the shadow orbs are used to level your rings up to cl 12, and also used as ingredients for new epic recipes you can win in dms

@ Mellow, and yes we should crew more often again as well ^.^! been rarely running into eachother lately. stupid time zones i guess x3
and those two names i dropped there, i honeslty don't think they call themselves elitists. but i think if i remember correctly there has been some funny issue calling eachother elitists going on between them ^^;; rofl sorry guys but if you see this i thought it's hilarious :3
LOL I totally forgot to mention I would never call myself elitist.
And I'm no pro on Zomg, that's for sure!!!
But still there are a few things that I learned and that I don't mind sharing.
Or simply helping out with quests. blaugh
luze
MellowCat
Ran For My Life

emotion_donotwant

@ Ran : haha yeahhh see there is one thing, the whole Elitists thing has evolved into something else than what it once was i guess. i dont care if people call themselves elitists, but i know i wasnt even reading zomg forums or had any zomg playing friends when i started playing, i knew nothing about eilitsts, and coming from my native culture i would really not like to use such a word to describe myself xD but i dont care if others do :3. the really good players i met while playing dms, i don't think many of them would call themselves elitists at all, but they do get called that easily by haters :/

and i am with mellowcat, up for helping you get into dms ^^ currently you need a bloodstone to enter the dms area thats within dead mans pass in bills ranch, but whe nthis yellow forum bar omn top of the page is filled, every once in a while for a few days, its free for all. the shadow orbs are used to level your rings up to cl 12, and also used as ingredients for new epic recipes you can win in dms

@ Mellow, and yes we should crew more often again as well ^.^! been rarely running into eachother lately. stupid time zones i guess x3
and those two names i dropped there, i honeslty don't think they call themselves elitists. but i think if i remember correctly there has been some funny issue calling eachother elitists going on between them ^^;; rofl sorry guys but if you see this i thought it's hilarious :3

Uhm hey, I still need to beat bloodlust so... elitist for help needed wink
mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas