Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright. Im not gonna use a bunch of flashy words or any code because this is simple. When it comes down to the MMO we have seen how towns has worked out for a lot of people. To this day the connection from my computer and friends suxks so bad that we cant even play for five minutes together. This is atleast 20 people (not on this account i had to make a new one). I just want to know, How is the MMO going to insure that we don't get uber lag and can actually play as long as we want? I heard no downloads is going to come with it and that worries me because some of the best online games (connection and gameplay wise) have downloadable programs to run the game. So how does it all work?
Pretty much all the mini games here, including towns, work on the same servers. This creates problems with connections, just as you've stated. The GBS (Gaia Battle System) will have "uber" or super servers, capable of keeping many people on the game for a long period of time, if not for as long as they want. Dial-up connections will work slower obviously, but hopefully shouldn't have a problem being disconnected nearly as much as Towns or any of the mini games.
Hmmm. I see. Well lets just hope it's all true.

Invisible Prophet

the fact is it is True the other games run on the same server but the GBS will run on its own, its not speculation if Qixter stated it will run on its own server
Ach, spammers scream

Qixter said the Gaia Battle System will run on it's own, huge, amazing, server. Which should mean a lot less lag and disconnections.
Well no reaons to bust your bubble but exactly how!? They say giant new server but what if it turns out to be just like towns!??! scream WHAT THEN!?!? AND DONT CALL ME A SPAMMER Nublet!!!
RustyRakes
Well no reaons to bust your bubble but exactly how!? They say giant new server but what if it turns out to be just like towns!??! scream WHAT THEN!?!? AND DONT CALL ME A SPAMMER Nublet!!!
I believe he was addressing that to the peoples postings that had absolutely nothing to do with this topic. o.o
stare well thats no reason to shout.

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Well it'll be a while before the BS comes out, you can get a better connection before then right?
when do gaia battel come

Captain Kat's Husband

it's pretty simple
dedicated servers for GBS
this will keep the lag and disconnects down to a minimum.
Of course there will be lags and failed connections, even WoW has those. But just deal with it.
/topic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces