Welcome to Gaia! ::

This might have been answered already, and if it has, someone please let me know.

I just don't understand how they're going to implement the rings into the Gaia Battle System. I mean, I get that rings do special things when used on monsters or on fellow players depending on what kind of ring they are, yadda yadda. What I DON'T get is HOW they're going to dole out experience.

You see, I have always been a cleric. No matter what, I have healed my fellow party members without fail, and I love being the "main healer" in the group, so to speak. It's what I live for in an MMORPG, and if the healing is a little too difficult to perform (*cough*RUNESCAPE*cough*), then I'm not really into it. I will tell you though, my character on Runescape has extremely high fishing, cooking, prayer, and defense for a level 45er.

So my question is, will you be able to take on a particular class with the rings you have, or do you get some sort of "Heal" stat bar to go with your other stats (Attack, Defense, etc.)?

And if there is no healing class or stat... what do I do? I don't like the thought of having to buy so many (most likely expensive) healing rings just to be a cleric. So my choices then would be... nil. Because I can't be a warrior, I've forgotten how! D:

Thoughts/comments?

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Simply put, you gain experience with an active Ring by using that Ring.

You healed another player that was hurt? Then you got XP with that Ring. You damaged a monster? Then you got XP with that Ring also. You created an area of flaming doom? Then you get XP with it every time that area causes damage to a critter.

Non-active rings (like stat bonuses or other passive effects) are never Ranked, which isn’t a problem because you wouldn’t be able to “use them” at different Rage Ranks anyway (no way to trigger them). However, you can still upgrade the Quality of those Rings through upgrades.
Oh, I see. So if you had a healing ring, you could upgrade it to an uber-healing ring?

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Metanaito
Oh, I see. So if you had a healing ring, you could upgrade it to an uber-healing ring?

Yes 3nodding

and each ring will have 4 different ranks at a time(like the four different sword slashs)

so you could in example heal..one person...a whole group..yourself..etc.
All right. Thanks for helping me out! 3nodding

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Your welcome

now back to killing spam threads....
hmmmm that was quite informative for me
I get it now thank you for this information i will be prepared when it comes out.
Totally with you for the whole, "healer of a group" thing. Not really into the whole front-line thing.
Next question for me. I understand the idea of gaining experience with a ring by using it when you are wearing it and that you can wear and level up, up to four rings at one time. Do you keep the experience with one ring if you remove it to switch out to another one? This would allow people to master most every ring over time and just switch back and forth at need. I wouldn't complain about that. Just curious.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
TimothyPine
Next question for me. I understand the idea of gaining experience with a ring by using it when you are wearing it and that you can wear and level up, up to four rings at one time. Do you keep the experience with one ring if you remove it to switch out to another one? This would allow people to master most every ring over time and just switch back and forth at need. I wouldn't complain about that. Just curious.

nope...each ring is seperate
So if you take a ring off, you loose all the experience points that you had with it and have to start over again if you put it on again?

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
TimothyPine
So if you take a ring off, you loose all the experience points that you had with it and have to start over again if you put it on again?

No
WhErE DoEs ThE RiNgS To Be PlAcE...? rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas