• Gaian 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
CLOSED

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
I think this is one of those things that will take time if it ever happens. Gaia is taking little steps as they try to regain their form. The "empire" game being an example of that.

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It'll be hard for them. The reason why zOMG! was taken down was due to a security exploit in the game's programming, according to what they've said. How no-one found it surprised me. Maybe it was just too well hidden?
In any case, in my opinion Gaia shouldn't have even told and worked on patching it piece by piece. By keeping it hidden, it was more likely we wouldn't find it and by chipping away at the bug, they could keep the game running whilst allowing us to play our favourite game still.
I've been around for a similar amount of time, but this is an alt. as I forgot my previous account's password.

Quotable Informer

4,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I literally got back on Gaia just to play zOMG!... Is it really gone?! Cause seriously, I would be extremely upset... It was so awesome!
i for one am glad its gone and i hope it never comes back, the game never worked for me the last 2 or so years before gaia took it down and multiple bug topics reporting bugs such as 404 errors or black screens or white screens or stuck on the loading screen all got deleted and i got warned for ongoing bug report spam
its clear gaia didnt want to look at my screenshots and evidence and how to recreate the bugs so obviously gaia wasnt going to fix the game
if you can ever get ahold of zero omega and he will talk to you he will tell you that most admins at gaia could not even reach the game so if they couldnt reach it and at least 1/2 of gaia users had the same problems then why would anyone want it back?

better off taken down and left out of gaia servers
Natsuko91
I literally got back on Gaia just to play zOMG!... Is it really gone?! Cause seriously, I would be extremely upset... It was so awesome!

just in case you want to see there reasons for shutting it down OLDEST IS AT THE TOP AND NEWEST AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

zomg maintenance begins sept 30th

zomg maintenance has began

gaia online community update September 2014

update on zomg maintenance

zomg clarifications

final notice on zomg and the back alley grab bag notice

AND YES its gone but at least you can read all about it now

Agile Noob

The Assassin of Chaos
It'll be hard for them. The reason why zOMG! was taken down was due to a security exploit in the game's programming, according to what they've said. How no-one found it surprised me. Maybe it was just too well hidden?

It's just the best excuse they can come up with, to shut down zOMG. Recently I've learnt "Professional Ethics" at my uni and this one topic caught my eye: "Organizational Approaches to Social Responsibility". SR is a bit like a company's responsibility towards public, for gaia case we the users are their social responsibility. After I read on about the topic, I found this:

"Social Obstruction - This approach has the lowest degree of SR. The few organizations that take this approach usually do as little as possible to solve social / envr. problems. When they cross the ethical or legal line that separates acceptable from unacceptable practices, their typical response is to deny or cover up their actions.

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
The Thaumaturge
I think this is one of those things that will take time if it ever happens. Gaia is taking little steps as they try to regain their form. The "empire" game being an example of that.

Empire isn't even a gaia game.
Oh, it's on here alright but it's not even relevant to anything about gaia.
It's funny how I'm almost sorry i was so anti monster galaxy. (yes i know its still on face book) but no thank you!
I don't know. personally i think the reason that we are not hearing anything about zomg is that Gaia doesn't have a pot to piss in.
That's not an insult by the way. For the first time I'm actually starting to feel a bit of sympathy for the mess that they are in.
You can't exactly hang the blame on the devs that are here, its not their call that they are being forced to work with zero resources.

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
Belinda Aster
The Thaumaturge

Empire isn't even a gaia game.
Oh, it's on here alright but it's not even relevant to anything about gaia.
It's funny how I'm almost sorry i was so anti monster galaxy. (yes i know its still on face book) but no thank you!
I don't know. personally i think the reason that we are not hearing anything about zomg is that Gaia doesn't have a pot to piss in.
That's not an insult by the way. For the first time I'm actually starting to feel a bit of sympathy for the mess that they are in.
You can't exactly hang the blame on the devs that are here, its not their call that they are being forced to work with zero resources.

While that is true I think it's still something. Although due to the lack of any integration I get the feeling this was just a quick cash grab by Gaia and not done with any intention of bringing games to Gaia.

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Daniel Hyuuga
The Assassin of Chaos

It's just the best excuse they can come up with, to shut down zOMG. Recently I've learnt "Professional Ethics" at my uni and this one topic caught my eye: "Organizational Approaches to Social Responsibility". SR is a bit like a company's responsibility towards public, for gaia case we the users are their social responsibility. After I read on about the topic, I found this:

"Social Obstruction - This approach has the lowest degree of SR. The few organizations that take this approach usually do as little as possible to solve social / envr. problems. When they cross the ethical or legal line that separates acceptable from unacceptable practices, their typical response is to deny or cover up their actions.

I'm not even surprised if that's the truth. If they took it down simply because it wasn't generating revenue then they're not catering to the desires of their users.
However, if it is true about the security exploit then they should allow someone to look at it, to see how fixable it is. I reckon someone in the community here could do it.
Here's hoping Gaia learn this soon...

Dapper Phantom

I'm sad it's gone, I had friends that I literally only interacted with on ZOMG. I enjoyed going on quests and fighting the monsters with them!

But the biggest bummer was all of the recipes I was working on. I don't want to have to go to the market place to buy something that I was getting for free. I was also using my orbs for alchemy. It's made things a little harder on me NOT having ZOMG.

millennialpink's Buttercup

Sex Symbol

Like, seriously Gaia? I miss zOMG because that was the one thing that kept me on here. After inflation and wasting real money on stupid items that wouldn't even be considered 'a lot of gold' in a week or two I just really debated on selling all my items and quitting, but I remembered I had zOMG. I used to play zOMG as a kid with my sister, Chelsea-- or, well, she played it and I watched.-- and I loved it so much! It looked like so much fun and I wanted to play it as soon as I could. But as summer ended, I realized they took it down and there were announcements saying 'oh zOMG is down for maintenance!'
Of course, that's bullshit, since they said 'a couple weeks', and it's been months.
But seriously, if all Gaia cares about now is money, then they have to expect people to leave.
I'm only coming back on for a roleplay now, and what I'm hoping for is that they either bring zOMG back up, or if they make a whole new MMO for Gaia.

Tsulia's Princess

Smitten Vampire

It's my 11:11 wish every day for zOMG to make a comeback.

zombieXIII's Wife

16,600 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
I am a 03 member.
I did not start playing zomg until after my oldest daughter was born. I could not play my videogames or ect so ended up joining zomp at easter time. had the bestest time.
Stayed with it since until it went bye bye.

I miss zomg. I had great fun times and meet many friends.
I loved interacting with my friends from gaia on there. As well as the game aspect of it too.
I wish very much the Gaia would bring it back.
I love Gaia but without zomg I am bored.
i am a zomg supporter forever heart

Monster

Quigginz
It's my 11:11 wish every day for zOMG to make a comeback.

QUIGGY BBY
they won't and its sad
I CARVED A PUMPKIN FOR YOUUUUU

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out