Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Idea for a compromise to the whole no weapons in the system thing.
There would be a ring in the system call the "Blank ring" it would be a common ring that had a special effect; you could attach items to it.

If you attach an item to the ring, it will be used in all attacks that you use.
EX: Attach a flame sword to the blank ring all sword attacks involve a flame sword.

Other items like Gloves and Projectiles can also be used on the Blank ring.
EX: using a glove on the blank ring would have a gloved fist for attacks
EX:Attaching a throw able item like a knife will let you launch knives.

So what do you think?
Anything to suggest to the idea?
Is this the correct forum?
or just have some items only a few differnt rings you can have when you have the item on your avi.
You mean like you could use your dark star with your blank ring, and gain the ability to throw a giant shurien? I like it...

Perhaps there could be two types of blank rings:
-blank sword
-blank missile

Then you could level up your weapons, too. The only problem is that no avatar can move its upper body, since it's not made to do so. It would have to be a disconnected sword swing.

Dangerous Brawler

12,375 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
hmm pretty good idae but what about also having a blank ring that could copy the powers and attacks of other enemys some thing like a enemy skill thing

It makes too much animation work to animate all those weapons and items -- and then to animate the new MC ones in a month ASWELL as drawing them in different poses. The quality will go plummetting down of everything, and we'll be waiting for the MMO for years.

There will be lots of rings to choose from, no doubt sword rings and shuriken rings etc. You wont be left short of choice.

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
I don't think that it'll be necessary, really. As the Mantis Ring shows, they will be using already existing item images in ring animations. Which makes sense, as it's less work for them. If the Katana is appearing in the animation to the Mantis Ring, I think it's a safe bet that there will be more to follow.
Sounds neat, but what I don't get is that you attach the flame sword to the ring, the flame sword get flame abilities.
I mean isnt that kinda a given?
My god, why do Gaian's keep talking about a compromise? Just live with the fact that rings will be there and weapons will never be added. This is one of the very few times Gaia has put it's foot down and said "Shut the hell up, this is how it's gunna be and we absolutely will not change it. Suck it up and act more mature."

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
Really, a compromise isn't necessary. Everything I've seen suggested so far in this forum as a compromise is either so extreme that it isn't a compromise at all (displaying a lack of understanding of the definition of the word "compromise" wink or is already being done in the Battle System in some form from information already given (displaying a lack of understanding of the devs' public statements).
The_Fooler
My god, why do Gaian's keep talking about a compromise? Just live with the fact that rings will be there and weapons will never be added. This is one of the very few times Gaia has put it's foot down and said "Shut the hell up, this is how it's gunna be and we absolutely will not change it. Suck it up and act more mature."

Couldn't have said it better myself. We have the Rings in order to avoid all the complications that would come with implicating MC weapons: non-availability to newbies, skyrocketing prices, and forcing people to wear weapons when they don't want to.
The Right Honorable MG
The_Fooler

Couldn't have said it better myself. We have the Rings in order to avoid all the complications that would come with implicating MC weapons: non-availability to newbies, skyrocketing prices, and forcing people to wear weapons when they don't want to.
Thank you.
melikefood
My Idea for a compromise to the whole no weapons in the system thing.
There would be a ring in the system call the "Blank ring" it would be a common ring that had a special effect; you could attach items to it.

If you attach an item to the ring, it will be used in all attacks that you use.
EX: Attach a flame sword to the blank ring all sword attacks involve a flame sword.

Other items like Gloves and Projectiles can also be used on the Blank ring.
EX: using a glove on the blank ring would have a gloved fist for attacks
EX:Attaching a throw able item like a knife will let you launch knives.

So what do you think?
Anything to suggest to the idea?
Is this the correct forum?

na for ethat why not macke a ring that punches your enemys whit an animation of your arm actualy punching him if you have someting in your arm it wil show in the animation

(of corse having items or not whont afect damege or enithing id yost macke your hand in his face look cooler )
also it be a better idea to make a ring out of each one of the weapon items (of corse scatered in the world and you still have to find them or do a quest if eny to get them )

(if they do i hope the flame sword get skills like sol badguys powers from gulty gear)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff