Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

Most impressive.

But your title is misleading. You don't mention anything about what Ghi is, nor about the powerups.

Feel free to quote my favorite paraphrase: "Ghi is an energy field. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the universe together." Not exactly how Frank or Leon describe it, but I think it still works.

Again, great job on the research!

Edit: It seems I've been linked to by the first post. I've already said my piece on the nature of Ghi, so here's the powerups.
Ghi Boost: An obsolete powerup, soulbound to anyone who has one. It boosted attack and healing rings by 50% for about 3 minutes.
Ghi Amp: The current powerup. Raises attack and healing power by 50% for 20 minutes.

Butterfly Prince

An excellent read. Nothing I didn't know until approximated times, but that's some hardcore work right there.

Good job. <3

Perfect Pitcher

Fr33d0m4ever
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

See the "Thanks" post for an explanation as to why it's "only" 4 days~

Realistically, if you count previous times I tried to figure it out, it would add another 10 hours... but that was long ago~

For Ghi meter rates... well, specifically, I had something in mind along the lines of (and remember, this is currently my guesses~):

If you're not in a crew, numbers seem to be in clear 30 second intervals~

1 person on screen, no crew = lose 1 ghi every 30 seconds
2 people on screen, no crew = lose 1 ghi every 60 seconds
3 people on screen, no crew = lose 1 ghi every 90 seconds (guess)
4 (same text) = lose 1 ghi every 120 seconds (guess)
5 (same) = lose 1 ghi every 150 seconds
6 (same) = ??? (I want to assume gain 1 every 150 seconds... but it seems wrong~)
9-11 (same) = gain 1 ghi every 30 seconds (complete guess...not carefully observed enough, and people moved in & out of screen~)

When in a crew though... well... I just don't know. If my guess was 100% correct, 5 people in crew should give similar rates to 6 people not in a crew. But I haven't worked up the will to try to test it again~ ^-^;

Well, I though it would take weeks to figure out this much info... *has a skewed perception of time* gonk

Maybe I can stand outside the GB null and try this out sometime. Not a lot of movement occurs there. ^^
*wonders if a course in Statistics would help a bit*
Fantastic guide. Massive kudos for timing how long it takes to get the various ghi levels! heart

How did you get the time required for Major Dodge? eek

Undead Enchantress

Abso-FREAKIN-fabulous!!!!
Thard_Verad
Most impressive.

But your title is misleading. You don't mention anything about what Ghi is, nor about the powerups.

Feel free to quote my favorite paraphrase: "Ghi is an energy field. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the universe together." Not exactly how Frank or Leon describe it, but I think it still works.

Again, great job on the research!

Mmm... you got me there~

*thinks of how to fix that*~

-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

As long as the people required to test such things are there + the numbers are written down and exact as can be, it wouldn't take very long to figure it out with that many bits of data to work with~

Only thing is... well, it really doesn't matter given how often people in crews will have full ghi. But I'll look into it again later today~

Lobotryas

You mean major dodge to major accuracy?~

Quite literally sitting in front of the compy moving a screen on zOMG every minute (or less) for 4 hours~

As more time passed and I got lazy/sloppy, I ended up letting the timer run for about 10 minutes before writing down that many minutes passed~

Anyway, it's just an approximate figure. If I decide to farm/play zOMG again (actively), I'll redo that timing. I'd expect it to change by... about 10 minutes of time at most~

...Not currently up for 4 more hours of continuous playing to get to the point I can test it again though~ >>;

Erynne

Thanks~ :3

Benevolent Codger

Fr33d0m4ever
Edit: Specifically, I found out there were 102 segments first via screenshots (as you saw in the animated gif~).

Just as a curiosity, do you think 102 segments represents the whole bar? After some tests with the Rage bar not long ago, I found that only 98% of the bar was actually visible (thus some of the issues having visibly full Rage, but being unable to use RR4) - since 102 seems like a similarly unusual value, do you think there's room for a similar issue, here? sweatdrop

Anyhow, a wonderful Guide, and a much-appreciated effort on your part - this was long overdue, and you are a brave soul indeed for taking it on, yourself... 3nodding

Perfect Saint

I can get rid of my old GHI explanation copypasta now that I have this thread.
Red Kutai
Fr33d0m4ever
Edit: Specifically, I found out there were 102 segments first via screenshots (as you saw in the animated gif~).

Just as a curiosity, do you think 102 segments represents the whole bar? After some tests with the Rage bar not long ago, I found that only 98% of the bar was actually visible (thus some of the issues having visibly full Rage, but being unable to use RR4) - since 102 seems like a similarly unusual value, do you think there's room for a similar issue, here? sweatdrop

Anyhow, a wonderful Guide, and a much-appreciated effort on your part - this was long overdue, and you are a brave soul indeed for taking it on, yourself... 3nodding

Possibly~

Maybe it's how I ended up counting it; I count a completely empty bar as 1 of the "segments". Then there's how the very first and last segment visible segment took less time than what I found to be the "average" time to fill. (It's roughly half from what I've been seeing). Soo... in that sense, it could be the equivalent of 100 actual segments~

...Except I feel I'm just confusing myself now. I'll think that over more later. I'll fix the estimates in a bit~
I was wrong about ghi meter rates being simple... joy~

Also a bump~
I blame gataka for this shameless bump~

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
So if I log in and just keep switching between two screens my ghi xp will go up?
Chromatic Bird
So if I log in and just keep switching between two screens my ghi xp will go up?

Yep~

You can spam chat as well~ (As long as you don't do it too fast.. then I think it stops you from spamming for another 30-60 seconds... haven't typed that fast in awhile though~)

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Fr33d0m4ever
Chromatic Bird

Yep~

You can spam chat as well~ (As long as you don't do it too fast.. then I think it stops you from spamming for another 30-60 seconds... haven't typed that fast in awhile though~)

Awesome!

Thanks for the guide~!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas