Welcome to Gaia! ::

What battle Area would you like to play most?

Bill's Ranch! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
The Zen Garden! 0.35294117647059 35.3% [ 12 ]
The Jungles! 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
At the Beach, for sure! 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
In a Horror Battle Area! 0.55882352941176 55.9% [ 19 ]
Somewhere else. (post your idea!) 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
1 2 >

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Although everything on Gaia is rather cute and fantasy based wouldn't it be cool to you if there was a Horror styled Battle Area to fight in?

Theres Bill Ranch with the snakeboot, the Zen Garden with ninjas, some mention of a Jungle and Beach Area too. But what about an area where can fight monsters that are just down right freak'n scary? Like Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Jerico scary? Everything about that environment would send chills down your spine.

It doesn't have to be Bloody though, but Gross and Freaky are always a plus! biggrin

SPORK!
-Would you like a Scary area to venture into?
-Would you like to fight monsters that make you wanna leave the lights on at night while you play?
-And how cool would Quests be in an area like that?
Example: "Kill 50 undead clowns get a Rusty old Clever" or "Retrieve 100 bones to gain a wearable Shrunken Head." etc

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
I wouldn't be surprised if there was something like that. There's an interesting variety in just the few beginner areas we've been shown, if the MANY areas we haven't seen yet have just as much variety there'll be something for everyone.
We dont use spoons/forks/sporks/etc. in this forum. We dont need eating utensils. This isnt the GCD ya know >.<

A horror based one would be good, but I wouldnt want it that scary. Those games/movies are rated M/R. You have to remember that gaia is a pg-13 rated website.

There could be zombies, skeletons, etc. But I dont think they would allow some of the stuff they show in those kinds of movies.. >.<

I voted for Zen Gardens. Mainly because its Asian themed, but mostly because of the Kekeshi Doll monster. It has a fan! *squee*!!!

Tessenjitsu= Fighting style using fans.

So yes, I really like fans xD

Aekea Visionary

11,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Survivor 150
I think an Ocean Islands or Underground area with mutated mole people or even a Zombie Infested City, like on Resident Evil.... Awesome...

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
Personally, I think a "Haunted Carnival" setting would be awesome.

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I like the Zen Garden, I usually go to places like that in MMOs.
But it's true that Gaia's MMO needs a cemetery or a spooky place. Ragnarok Online has one, Ultima online also. I bet that WoW has one too.
We need a dungeon filled with undead creatures and ghosts.
if you get in my way i will kill you all MAHHHHHA!

Dedicated Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Qixter
Gen...as the game continuously gets larger, the areas that are added will be more and more difficult. This includes the "instanced" (dungeon) areas. In fact, even in the Launch zones, the Otami Ruins and other nearby areas are WAY harder than the first zones around Barton Town.

I got this from Qixter's profile comments. Sounds like we will be getting some underground areas, and the Otami Ruins sounds interesting. Maybe there was some kind of cataclysm in Gaia's past. eek

Feral Gaian

7,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hmm. Originality is rather difficult to come across, but I'll give it a shot. I study ancient mythology and I personally found the idea of Draugrs to be rather chilling.

What IS a Draugr and why might it be suitable for the MMO, you ask?

A draugr is a type of shape-shifting vampiric creature from Norse mythology said to attack anyone who comes near its grave. They are said to have the power to mimic voices or lure sailors to run aground on the shores to feast upon. A draugr can be destroyed either by fire, exorscism or through certain spells.

Wheezing Warlord

Judging from the fact that the only known "Release Date" for the BS is before Halloween '08, I'd say a scary-ish place is likely.
What about an area where everything is pitch black, and so are the monsters, so you get attacked without noticing, but you can get a light ring in that area so you can see in the dark (there will be some sense of visibility when it is dark though)
Mylian
Personally, I think a "Haunted Carnival" setting would be awesome.

I have to say, this is probably my favorite area idea, of course it wouldn't be able to be very graphic, just kind of spooky.

Ryuketsu Ren's Husband

Hilarious Bloodsucker

5,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
hmmmm... i think this is a good ideabut for more skilled players

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
How about a research lab infested with Grunnies?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff