Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Lunatic

I thought of starting with my main character watching her favorite show on TV. But then what? Junior year of high school just ended. Maybe she should be outside? Would her parents be mad? Her parents are pretty nice.

I don't know what I want. What do I do? Her dad is supposed to show her the family treasure & she's supposed to go to a superhero convention.

What do I do?
What's the story about? What's the plot?

One thing is missing from all of your suggestions: conflict. The first scene should start leading up to the major conflict of the story. This could be done with a smaller conflict that leads to a bigger one.

Starting off with the tv show would be boring. Your character is just sitting there. It might be different if they happen to see their friend end up dead while watching the news and subsequently has to cope with the death as well as investigate exactly what happened, but even then they should still be doing something while watching.

Nuclear Werewolf

Why not start with her dad showing her the family treasure, or her going to the superhero convention?

Beginnings are tough when you don't know how to start things off, but find something that works in the meantime, and then get to the meat of the story. Need a way to get to the action? Why wait---jump right into the plot. You can always go back and re-write the beginning after the rest of it's done, in order to make it fit better / after you've had practice writing.

Hilarious Lunatic

Alberic of Krufton
Why not start with her dad showing her the family treasure, or her going to the superhero convention?

Beginnings are tough when you don't know how to start things off, but find something that works in the meantime, and then get to the meat of the story. Need a way to get to the action? Why wait---jump right into the plot. You can always go back and re-write the beginning after the rest of it's done, in order to make it fit better / after you've had practice writing.

True...I guess I could start with the convention. She was raised in a superhuman world & she wants to go to this con to see the best of the best (her idol will also be there). And some s**t goes down, and she's always been shy & weak, but this con helps her open up. And eventually she goes to earth & more s**t goes down.
Why is her watching TV important to the story?

What are the personalities of her and her parents?

How would these personalities agree and disagree and on what?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff