Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey there everyone!
I'm looking for ideas to write some story here, I'm going for horror maybe...But i haven't got the faintest idea on what to do. Zombies bore me now so i'm not going to bother with them plus i already did a story on zombies...So meh.

I'd like to do something horrifying yet with a love plot in it... But the thing is...The horror based theme is missing... like where would it be, what monster or thing would hunt them...
I know how they would be killed off though, i'm a pro in torture and death scenes being brutal but slow and agonizing... But yeah I think you get the idea...the idea i'm missing :'3 So thank you in advance!

Wild Comrade

Aconitum Vox
Hey there everyone!
I'm looking for ideas to write some story here, I'm going for horror maybe...But i haven't got the faintest idea on what to do. Zombies bore me now so i'm not going to bother with them plus i already did a story on zombies...So meh.

I'd like to do something horrifying yet with a love plot in it... But the thing is...The horror based theme is missing... like where would it be, what monster or thing would hunt them...
I know how they would be killed off though, i'm a pro in torture and death scenes being brutal but slow and agonizing... But yeah I think you get the idea...the idea i'm missing :'3 So thank you in advance!

Decide what the zombie setting will be like. Is it an apocalypse or just beginning? Will the characters face the obstacle of finite resources or transport? Also decide what kind of zombies will attack. Slow zombies? Fast zombies? Acid-blood zombies? There's a lot to consider even without providing an actual scenario.

Nuclear Werewolf

Aconitum Vox

Sounds like you just need an excuse for the torture and death, then. What about psychological horror? There's a lot of scary stuff out there that has nothing to do with the supernatural or movie monsters. Try reading some horror novels or watching movies to get an idea of something that'd be fun to write yourself. What about:

- home invasion
- hijacking / captivity
- stolen identity / impersonation
- missing / stolen child
- natural disaster
- serial killer
You should write about a person who is dying from a unknown reason. When that person does die, they continue living as a thing that isn't a zombie,ghost, or a vampire. That person becomes something that is far scarier than all the others.

Purified Shounen

Linnie Curtis
You should write about a person who is dying from a unknown reason. When that person does die, they continue living as a thing that isn't a zombie,ghost, or a vampire. That person becomes something that is far scarier than all the others.

So they come back as the spirit of a child? Dead children are always creepy. That could just be me, though. Not unless you mean they come back as the ghost of a zombie vampire?

To the OP: If you want to write something scare, think about what scares you. What's your worst nightmare? What are your phobias? Chances are that what you're scared of, there will be plenty of people that are scared of the same thing.
You could maybe have an imaginary friend with dark overtones who is also the lover. The main character could be utterly convinced that the person is real to the point that it's subtly noted that people around them see it as an eccentricity. Or maybe they keep it a secret relationship, with subtle clues throughout the lover isn't real at all. It could even a childhood friend who was lost and have it all be their imagination. The "monster" could be the realization that the friend has been dead sometime manifesting as something dark and foreboding.

You can play around with the manner of death and perhaps use this to great effect for visuals and nightmares.

Very often in haunting situations there is a "protector" spirit and a darker spirit. Some spiritualists would attribute this to the fact that your mind is projecting terrifying things onto an otherwise inert entity that would otherwise be harmless until the fear feeds it.

It's not a highly original idea, but with a little polish you could make it uniquely yours.

Feral Loiterer

I'm into sci-fi at the moment so that's what I would write about (even though I'm currently writing fantasy right now rofl )

There is lots of wiggle room with sci-fi. And since you can make it as mysterious as you want, there is lots of room for all different kinds of horror.

I'm thinking of the movie Super 8 at the moment. There was plenty of room for a small romance while the monster was out of sight, as it took a while to figure out that there even was a monster, and then where it even was. I'm also a big fan of the fact that you never see the entire monster until the last few minutes of the movie. Before that, there were only ever glimpses of the creature.

I think what I like best about that movie is that the horror came from the uncertainty. You never knew when the creature was going to pop up, or what it was going to do. You didn't even know what it was.

Thats really just my favorite kind of horror though. The uncertain kind.

Hopes that helps a little.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces