Welcome to Gaia! ::

MoriElfOfDarkness
well what if im writing a story that has nothing to do with me and all the charactors are my oppisit? what would i do...lol iv got writers block at the moment sweatdrop

and dont nark on me about making charas my opposit lol because my writing advisor (not teacher) said i had an awesome start on this story and he wants me to post it in a contest when im finished
helllllooooooooo
Hmm, I would say that you should think of what you would do in a situation, or what happens in an average day of your life, and then completely switch it around. If the story is the opposite of your life, then it shouldn't be too hard to come up with more ideas.

I really want to write something, but I can't come up with an idea that I'm satisfied with. I've come up with some decent themes and settings, but I can never seem to find a plot that I like or enough inspiration to actually sit down and write...
mahogany_nadine
one way is to get a piece of paper and write all the things that mean the world to you. another piece of paper- all the things that make you angry. another piece of paper- things you crave. another piece of paper- things that you long for. on and on, lots of pieces of paper. and that's it.

'cause you just made lists of things that inspire you.

read that in a book. what do you think of that?

That's just silly... sweatdrop It's a waste of paper and you're not really getting you book done. If any thing you should write things thta are related to the book at had, not random things... but what ever helps the people sweatdrop
Golem
Hmm, I would say that you should think of what you would do in a situation, or what happens in an average day of your life, and then completely switch it around. If the story is the opposite of your life, then it shouldn't be too hard to come up with more ideas.

I really want to write something, but I can't come up with an idea that I'm satisfied with. I've come up with some decent themes and settings, but I can never seem to find a plot that I like or enough inspiration to actually sit down and write...

Golem needs to read some more books and see how others have got there plot to work. Most/all stories are influenced from other peoples work. blaugh
When I have writers block, it always helps to go do something different. Anything except fuming over a blank computer screen. Maybe write a short story involving the main characters, in an entirely different situation or setting, to get those wonderful brain-juices flowing.

Just speaking personally ...

Dangerous Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
My problem of writer's block isn't because of not knowing my characters well enough. I have a hard time advancing my plots. Like, I'll get an idea that I'm really interested in, so I'll churn out whole chapters in a short period of time. But after a while, for whatever reason, that drive just sort os sputters out. I know where I want my story to go, and I know how to do it (most of the time), but I'm just bored with writing the story by that time.

Has anyone else had this problem? I rarely finish my stories because of this. I just get to areas of the story where I'm like, "I have to do this trivial thing, like make a plot point. But I'm feeling too lazy to write it. Can't I just say, 'So they did this big important thing, and everyone went home happy! The end!'?" Of course, I never do that. But I end up reading, and rereading what I've written, but nothing new gets written.

Sometimes I skip ahead to the interesting parts and then go back and write the boring parts in later. But that's not a good habit to get into. =/

Any ideas on how to cure boredom with your own writing? (And apparently, I'm the only one bored with it. I have people clammering for my next chapters on a couple sites, so I guess they don't consider it as dull as I do.)
I paint when I can't write, and then I write what I paint. This also works the other way around, when I can't paint I write then I write what I paint. If both my creative outlets are blocked I either a) Go out and wander around a place I enjoy or b) sleep it off and pray it gets better in the morning.
I know that a lot of people say this, but music can be very inspirational. try the kind called New Age - it's what I use when I'm out of ideas! it's a bit of an aquired taste in music
also, you can try reading over your old work and thinking about what you might want to change... when one idea leads to another, boom!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff