Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should I Give Up?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 6, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4

Jahoclave

Anyways, once you get into highschool you get to deal with this s**t less, because...
A. They finally get cars and have something better to do.
B. They tend to seperate away from you.
C. You get a car and don't have to be around them as much.

And once you get out of high school it all disappears and suddenly you realize how ridiculous high school popularity conflict was and you literally sing: "La la la, I'm not in high school anymore."

Seriously, it's that good.
ChocolatePandora
goatcreature__MAGNUM
Lord Rick
I don't know whether I should continue to write or not. I have been riddiculed by those supposed popular jerks. And I am only turning 14 september 7th and I am wondering if I should continue to write or give up
maybe I just need someone to talk to.....

neutral popular jerks? sorry, i don't follow. so...... what i'm basically getting is that your self-confidence in writing can be shattered by a few critical comments made by "jerks", of which you didn't specify, and now you just need some moral booster or to cry on someone's shoulder so they can pick you up and put you back on your feet? tell me if i'm wrong or right.

please don't be so cruel next time. i8 do believe the poor boy's looking for help, not more hyper-criticism.

I see nothing wrong with the above quote... they were just laying down the facts.
If you like writing, then continue. But if you're willing to give it all up just because of someone said, then maybe you never were meant to do it in the first place. If you aren't willing to work at it then I'm not going to tell you to, but if I was in your place, criticisms would just make me work at it more, not only to prove those "jerks" wrong, but to prove to myself that I have what it takes. Don't ever write for someone else, you should always do it for yourself. And if you really love doing it, you shouldn't ever consider dumping it just because of what somebody says.
all writers have to go from rubbish-----------------------------good
it takes practice, dedication and passion to get good at it (like anything else really). Write if you want to, don't write if you don't want to. Oh, n start letting others rule your life now... and you could end up being a pretty sad case.
(i rember what it was like at school dude, dont worry about it, one day they'll be serving you your burgers)
You're pathetic if you let what some jerks say stop you from doing something you like. Do what makes you happy.
Don't give up!!! Look at some famous writers... Thier teachers ridiculed them and said that thier writing sucked, but really, they were geniuses! Don't EVER give up and GIVE in to those losers!
oh, don't give up. if people are "bullying" you about your writing, ignore them. and you should never give up on anything unless it physically harms you to do so. i think... wait. hmmm. never mind that part. it could have some loopholes. i dunno. but i think you should keep at it. *fwee*
Don't give up! I have been writing books since I was fourteen and I am seventeen now. It hurts to be teased by the popular jerks I know I am a fine arts "geek". What helps me get through is you think about those people and some how fit them into the story so that when you reread it and if that story gets published you know in a way you are teasing them. It makes me feel better.
if you love writing then dont give it up your only 14 and you have plenty of time. im younger than you and i know what its like to be teased about it but i have never given up on it so you shouldnt either if you love to write as much as i do and i think you do.
If people are giving you a hard time, then simply try harder, and when you do, and produce an excellent peice, it will shut them up, trust me. Giving up is a show of weakness, and you have to be strong to make it through life, if writing is one of your passions, you can't give up on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff