Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
Oh mans. Effin' sweet. heart

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

emotion_kirakira

FFFFFF it's so cute! Thank you, Simon! I'm glad I could be part of your race. emotion_bigheart

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Those are great Simon! I'll be submitting my first tonight. Had homework to do.

Since most of my sketchbooks are sitting on around 50 pages to complete, I will do mine by page count. Since Simon's is 70 with 8 pages missing on starting (62) Then I will match that number. which will start me on another sketchbook. That'll make it fair.
Glad you all like them. Looking forward to my next one.

Deek: Going by number sounds good. Just a small correction. The aim by count should be 63 pages. I will edit the first post accordingly.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Simon Salomon
Glad you all like them. Looking forward to my next one.

Deek: Going by number sounds good. Just a small correction. The aim by count should be 63 pages. I will edit the first post accordingly.
Sounds good.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Finished this today. It's a steampunk character design for my sister.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

This one I finished yesterday, late. It's my steampunk character design.
Looks like this will be a tight race. pirate
That second one looks very dare I say professional. The lines are so clean. emotion_kirakira *envy*

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Simon Salomon
That second one looks very dare I say professional. The lines are so clean. emotion_kirakira *envy*

I had some extra time and felt the urge to line it. I plan on lining the other one soon to clean it up and maybe color. My lining pens are dying though. I want to pick up and practice with a nib pen soon.
Deek
Simon Salomon

I had some extra time and felt the urge to line it. I plan on lining the other one soon to clean it up and maybe color. My lining pens are dying though. I want to pick up and practice with a nib pen soon.
No idea what a nib is. Total amateur here. mrgreen
I like dying pen. You might have guessed but that's what I've been using on all my drawing so far, except for the outline which I do with a fresh pen.
But my dying pen is about to go beyond and I don't have another like it. Whatever will I do. gonk

PS: That first one is good enough to count, meaning I beleive lining and coloring can be left totally optional for the purpose of our little race.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Simon Salomon
Deek
Simon Salomon

No idea what a nib is. Total amateur here. mrgreen
I like dying pen. You might have guessed but that's what I've been using on all my drawing so far, except for the outline which I do with a fresh pen.
But my dying pen is about to go beyond and I don't have another like it. Whatever will I do. gonk
A nib pen can be a dip pen or a calligraphy pen. They're the ones with the metal tip that is split and sounds scratchy. Quills have nibs on the ends. I've always liked them.

What brand are your pens? I use Copic, but I hear Sakura is good. I have to draw in pencil first and then line. my lines are too sketchy and I'm always changing my lines until the end. cat_sweatdrop

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Simon Salomon

PS: That first one is good enough to count, meaning I beleive lining and coloring can be left totally optional for the purpose of our little race.

How detailed are we talking. Just to make sure. Are we talking we need all limbs in the picture?
Deek
A nib pen can be a dip pen or a calligraphy pen. They're the ones with the metal tip that is split and sounds scratchy. Quills have nibs on the ends. I've always liked them.

What brand are your pens? I use Copic, but I hear Sakura is good. I have to draw in pencil first and then line. my lines are too sketchy and I'm always changing my lines until the end. cat_sweatdrop
I see. Scratchy metal tip pen. Don't like those. Could be lack of exposure though.
As for me I also pencil first. No shame in that. As for the pen I use I don't recall the brand. Nothing special though. I just bought some Sharpies fine tip since my one and only lining pen is as I said running on empty quite literally. I wasn't looking for a particular brand. Sharpie was just the closest to what I was looking for when I was shopping.

Invisible Codger

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Simon Salomon
Deek

I see. Scratchy metal tip pen. Don't like those. Could be lack of exposure though.
As for me I also pencil first. No shame in that. As for the pen I use I don't recall the brand. Nothing special though. I just bought some Sharpies fine tip since my one and only lining pen is as I said running on empty quite literally. I wasn't looking for a particular brand. Sharpie was just the closest to what I was looking for when I was shopping.

I'm not a fan of sharpie for lining, it bleeds too much and I draw smaller. I really need to size up my drawings though.
Deek
Simon Salomon

How detailed are we talking. Just to make sure. Are we talking we need all limbs in the picture?
Mmm... Hadn't thought of that. I suppose it would make it easier to stick to full bodies. Either that or add lining when doing a partial figure. Personally I will not vary much from what I've been doing. Use you judgement. I don't beleive we need to overthink this. We can adjust ourself as we go. If either of us beleive things are getting unbalanced we can discuss it then like the civilized artists that we are I am sure. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff