Welcome to Gaia! ::

hey ^-^
i am currently working on improving my skills in drawing skirts and flowing material, but i think i am still making something wrong, it isnt really looking how i want it to look.
Dress One
Dress Two
any comments and ideas, how to make it better?

thank you ^-^ heart
Zeraphine
hey ^-^
i am currently working on improving my skills in drawing skirts and flowing material, but i think i am still making something wrong, it isnt really looking how i want it to look.
Dress One
Dress Two
any comments and ideas, how to make it better?

thank you ^-^ heart

It looks almost perfect..

but looks like the cloth is hard.. the folds are hard edged and forced
I practice cloth folds by putting a towel (or something equally soft) on a sofa (preferably with armrests), and drawing that.. as a reference.

good luck!
thank you, i will try that 3nodding
Zeraphine
thank you, i will try that 3nodding

You can manipulate the cloth as you like, esp on the armrest to get as many, or less folds as you like..
that is a good idea. till now i only draw picture like these using images from a fashion magazine, because i myself dont have clothes like that
top ones my favorite wish i had a dress like that, sooooo cute. xp
Those are really good! I hope you continue on drawing fabric/dresses/clothes! You've got a talent for it!
hmm maybe put it on a fake person to make them look better.
i think you should add sum mor stuff around the waist part on Dress 1... ^-^
I love Dress 1. I love its uneven and jagged tones, it makes it more feminene and sexy. The uneven lengths makes the illusion of longer legs. Dress 2 has a very medevil and feminene look. It looks very vintage and fluffy. I think you should really pursue the arts and designing clothes. Many people will respect and love your artworks. Good Job. biggrin 3nodding
I like the second on the best. It looks as if the one half is being held up by a hand, or it could be if you draw a person in it.
I would make the shading a tad bit softer, and don't forget to add highlights. It sounds silly to add them on clothes, but lights hit fabrics too! wink

Thieving Lunatic

The only thing you could do is draw a person in them. You did very well on the folds.
thanks, poeple.
my goal was to draw folds, not poeple though, because i am really not good at drawing faces and arms and so on.

oh, and these arent desgined by me. they are drawn after seing them in a fashion magazin, and then trying to remeber how they looked like. so no points for the design to me
Zeraphine
thanks, poeple.
my goal was to draw folds, not poeple though, because i am really not good at drawing faces and arms and so on.

oh, and these arent desgined by me. they are drawn after seing them in a fashion magazin, and then trying to remeber how they looked like. so no points for the design to me

Excellent, you work similarly like I do. I too started drawing folds just for the folds.. I messed around with different materials to see how they react and fold..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff