Welcome to Gaia! ::

d

Familiar Fatcat

Ahahaaa I LOVE your expressions! They're all so adorable!! ; w ;
You can tell so clearly what they're feeling which is really hard to do..These are rather brilliant :3
And the little details put into each one tells you even more about the characters and their personalities! Very brilliant work!

LOVELoveLove your style! Color them right away sir.
Thank you! I'll try to have it colored this week. smile
anime style is a template style, so no matter what you do, your characters will almost always look the same. If you want characters to be distinct and stick with people you have to start getting away from that and start putting actual features on your characters, rather than switching up eye shape and hair style.
VRiosArt
anime style is a template style, so no matter what you do, your characters will almost always look the same. If you want characters to be distinct and stick with people you have to start getting away from that and start putting actual features on your characters, rather than switching up eye shape and hair style.

Oh, how original, another "animu hater". wink

Raider

Are the first two twins or something? they could be the same person.
And my goodness, the jawlines, they're so similar.
VRiosArt makes an excellent point, they're all so stylized that the only things really changing are the eye shape and hair style.
Dez
VRiosArt

Excuse you. I love anime, but it is rarely done well and it is admittedly a template based style. If it weren't for anime I wouldn't have started drawing but getting past it is what helps my style evolve. So if you want to stay mediocre go ahead and continue switching up your hair and eyes but don't go and bash me for the opinion you ASKED for.
VRiosArt
Dez
VRiosArt

Excuse you. I love anime, but it is rarely done well and it is admittedly a template based style. If it weren't for anime I wouldn't have started drawing but getting past it is what helps my style evolve. So if you want to stay mediocre go ahead and continue switching up your hair and eyes but don't go and bash me for the opinion you ASKED for.

I didn't bash you.
For the record, I think you're a great artist with a good style and I respect that.

But in those long years I've been drawing, I ran into so many artists who shun at anything remotely "anime style" and think it's so below them that I've become quite jaded.

Anyway. I think I managed to find my own style with time, and I'm sorry if it doesn't please you for falling into "generic anime territory". I'm all for comments and critiques, but "find another style" isn't something I really enjoy hearing considering this is pretty much what I enjoy doing.

So I guess I'll stay mediocre. razz

But anyway, sorry my little sarcastic comment rubbed you the wrong way.
Sorry, I was being a banana hammock and didn't think before I posted.

What I wanted to say was that anime style is all well and good, but those super great amazing artists that just blow your mind away usually have backgrounds in traditional realism. It's a lot easier to stylize human anatomy and make it look awesome when you've got a solid foundation. If you love anime/manga style, great, go for it, but go back to it AFTER you've laid the groundwork. When you study a lot of faces, body types, and such it'll be a lot easier to come up with distinctive characters on your own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff