Welcome to Gaia! ::

17,250 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I know there are already several threads about the early ending of What the Fluff? But I feel like my voice has not been heard.

“With the one week extension, I hope that those of you who participated in the summer event had gotten your event items. ”
With the amount of work that had to be put into the event and all the glitches that accompanied it, this should have been the original end date anyway. I know a lot of people, myself included, were operating based on the announced end time and were very upset about the early ending, especially since the new time was announced only shortly before it was cut off.

[“the announced end time was a mistake”]
Whether it was a mistake or not, since that time was announced many days prior to the end date, it should have been honored.

“we didn't realize that including them in such a bundle would make people irate or feel their efforts to earn them in the event were undermined.”
Why wouldn’t we be upset? The ones who put so many hours into playing the event and were close to finishing the event, but were denied because of the early closure, felt like you ended the event early (knowing users wouldn’t be able to finish) just so you could market the cash shop bundle. If we knew about the bundle coming out we could’ve just skipped the event altogether and bought the bundle.

What really bothers me is that I feel l wasted my time. I work full time which means that I really don’t have that much free time. But I spent it playing the event, trying to get all the achievements and items. I really wanted the Pegacorn, which I was denied. With the early closure of the event, it meant I couldn’t finish my last fluff (the Pegacorn which I had to spend 20,000 gold on the marketplace to get the soul of fluff to get it in the first place) and therefore wasted several days worth of playing because I should’ve just stopped after raising 5 fluffs. I didn’t even know about the premature ending because I was at work. I thought I was going to be able to come home, finish the event and get the last item/achievement. I was so angry when I found out.

“Sorry for those who didn't get to turn in the last pet today. We'll look into it as we made the mistake in the announced closing time. Though a fair warning that the fluffs get their loyalty raised overnight, so if a fluff is not ready on Monday it wouldn't make it even at 5PM.”
This is a lie. The loyalty would update as you continually maxed out the happiness. I was able to raise a fluff’s loyalty from start to finish, turn in back into Blaize, and get another, all in one day. You obviously didn’t even play your own event.

“To compensate, all users whose pets were maxxed on loyalty (200/200) that had not previously gotten the item have been granted it; you can find it in your Inventory (look on the last page).
For everyone else, you can get yours in the marketplace.
This felt like a slap in the face. I didn’t have the loyalty maxed but I was close. Needless to say, I did not receive anything. Your solution just wasn’t good enough and all this could have been avoided had you just let the event end when it was supposed to.

In conclusion I’m considering boycotting the cash shop. Paying for things with gold you earn on the site is one thing but I don’t like having to pay real world money for things. With all the ads that are on the website (and oftentimes get in the way of using the site, covering up links and graphics) you shouldn’t need to market so many cash shop items. I don’t mind paying for the monthly collectibles because they only come out once a month and are very cheap but the bundles and evolving items and such come out every week and it’s too much to keep up with.

17,250 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Greedy Raider

6,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I have something to add to this. I don't come on gaia very often, so I didn't know that what the fluff would end in the first place!! I only found out after I logged on and saw that my fluff was gone! I was under the impression that I could continue caring for my fluff at my own pace, but unfortunately I didn't get to finish a SINGLE ONE since the stupid event was too short! This is bullshit!!!

Friendly Member

4,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
TheIntimateAvenger
I have something to add to this. I don't come on gaia very often, so I didn't know that what the fluff would end in the first place!! I only found out after I logged on and saw that my fluff was gone! I was under the impression that I could continue caring for my fluff at my own pace, but unfortunately I didn't get to finish a SINGLE ONE since the stupid event was too short! This is bullshit!!!

Agreed.

Gracious Autobiographer

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I agree too. I didn't even get a chance to get one because I couldn't get a home in Town 2.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff