Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, here goes. I don't even remember the last time I logged in. I believe it was 2011, though that was the first time I logged on since, what, 2006-2007? I logged in for one day in 2011, and now it's 2014.

Today, I came back, changed my stupid username (Amihhhhhhhhhh) to the "Corrupt Politician." It's amazing to see what I chose as my username 7-8 years ago.
Changed my E-mail, deleted all my inactive friends whose last logins had taken places over three years ago (which is pretty much all of them), and am now going to take part in forums.

And to top it all off, my aquarium sucks, all my fish probably died, my inventory is filled to the brim with useless, invaluable crap, my current look emits rays of unspeakable ridicule, and my friends list is zero. Not to mention I have probably committed countless acts of animal abuse in the Gaia world when I kept my aquarium temperature at super hot, or freezing temperatures for my poor fish. But then again, I am a Corrupt Politician.

So, can someone catch me up on things? Any big changes that have taken place?
zOMG still popular? Is this the right place to post such a topic?

I look forward to any and all replies.

By the way, a quick question. Does anyone know if it's against the rules to make my signature a meme with the president saying "Excuse me, I'm not done lying yet," or any political cartoons at all?
Or should I just stick to my original idea: "I don't lie. . . .much."

Thank you and good night.
Corrupt Politician
Well, here goes. I don't even remember the last time I logged in. I believe it was 2011, though that was the first time I logged on since, what, 2006-2007? I logged in for one day in 2011, and now it's 2014.

Today, I came back, changed my stupid username (Amihhhhhhhhhh) to the "Corrupt Politician." It's amazing to see what I chose as my username 7-8 years ago.
Changed my E-mail, deleted all my inactive friends whose last logins had taken places over three years ago (which is pretty much all of them), and am now going to take part in forums.

And to top it all off, my aquarium sucks, all my fish probably died, my inventory is filled to the brim with useless, invaluable crap, my current look emits rays of unspeakable ridicule, and my friends list is zero. Not to mention I have probably committed countless acts of animal abuse in the Gaia world when I kept my aquarium temperature at super hot, or freezing temperatures for my poor fish. But then again, I am a Corrupt Politician.

So, can someone catch me up on things? Any big changes that have taken place?
zOMG still popular? Is this the right place to post such a topic?

I look forward to any and all replies.

By the way, a quick question. Does anyone know if it's against the rules to make my signature a meme with the president saying "Excuse me, I'm not done lying yet," or any political cartoons at all?
Or should I just stick to my original idea: "I don't lie. . . .much."

Thank you and good night.

Welcome back to Gaia!

To be honest, I don't know if the site has changed dramatically since 2011. There may have been more stores added, and the marketplace has gone crazy with hyperinflation, but those are the only things that have come to mind.

For the most part, I think zOMG has died down in popularity, but some users such as myself still play it on occasion. However I believe the staff are planning on temporarily shutting it down in a couple days for some repairs.

As far as your signature, no, from what you've said, it doesn't go against the rules.
Welcome back!
You're right when you said the market has gone crazy. I haven't visited that place in probably 6-7 years, and it hit me like a truck. Oh what will I do with my 23,000 gold?
Say, what caused this inflation anyway?

And alright, thanks for the information.

(edit) Thanks Kraven!
Corrupt Politician
You're right when you said the market has gone crazy. I haven't visited that place in probably 6-7 years, and it hit me like a truck. Oh what will I do with my 23,000 gold?
Say, what caused this inflation anyway?

And alright, thanks for the information.

(edit) Thanks Kraven!

Basically, items known collectively as ''gold generators'' became a thing again. I think the first ones appeared in 2009 but Gaia stopped until 2013. This items granted gold in a limited use.

When more currency is added into the economy, the value of said currency decreases, so what results is inflation, and in dramatic cases like this one, hyperinflation happens. So what you're going to see a lot of on Gaia are various methods known as "Gold Sinks", which are ways Gaia is attempted to fix inflation.

23,000 sure did feel like a lot of gg back in the day...

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Welcome (back) to Gaia Online! cat_blaugh I hope the high prices haven't scared you too much. Those can be pretty intimidating for a new and returning user but if you sell off any GoFusion charms you receive from the Daily Chance, you can make a decent amount of Gaia Gold to get you started again. Oh right, you're probably wondering what GoFusion is, huh. The way I see it, GoFusion is just a glorified version of Alchemy that uses 5 types of charms: Heart Charms, Star Charms, Diamond Charms, Wing Charms and Wildcard Charms. These items are in a fairly high demand so it's a good source of income for any new and returning user. Check out the Marketplace to see how much they're currently going for. And if you're wondering how the MP prices have become so crazy, check out the link below.

Welcome Back! The GCD's Inflation Recap

Invisible Exhibitionist

I came back as well and was completely floored. I' m sure the items you're thinking aren't worth much might be worth much more now. Hopefully you get back on your feet quickly. I've been back three days and already have 1.5B.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces