Post 4 - Breeding
Post 5 - Customs
Post 6 - Pickups
Post 7 - RP Information
Post 8 - Owners List
Post 9 - White and Blacklist
Post 10 - Links

Announcements

News First: Haisyn Fierra is giving away the fetii from her Schizophrenia X Psychosis breeding! Go check out the goofy RP prompt HERE.

News second: Everyone welcome Epine de Rose, our new official certist. Artists no longer need to cert! But now artists must email me the Siirae as PNG files, not JPG.

Pickups are looking full. If you see your Siira there, it means you haven't posted me a link of your own saved copy. Or that I missed your post. If you post linkies Xiao will love you forever, bring you your slippers and the paper every morning, make dinner wearing only an apron, anything.

News old: There is a new Shop Herd in the guild Ownerslists. Breeding rules for the Shop Herd are in Post 4. We also have our first donation to the Herd from Syrie. Elektronik Supersonik. Go see for yourself.

If you are not on the owner's list and you should be, please post links to your Siirae in thread.
User Image

Siira pl. Siirae (noun): A large nocturnal carnivore belonging to the family Canis, or Equus, or Mortuus - biologists still debate which. Their usual habitat is in wild, less populated areas near ruins, ancient burial grounds, or old sites of disasters. They have been sighted in tropical, temperate, desert, and arctic climates. Most known facts about the Siirae come from the journal of Prof. Sabarika, which was recovered from Grimspound (Bronze Age Settlement, see Dartmoor) in poor condition. The Prof. herself had gone there on rumor of a Siira herd and never returned.

She writes, "They are undead, whatever they are. Their eyes glow like foxfire. I observed two young stallions posturing, and when they nipped each other, hunks of fur and flesh came out in each other's teeth. There was no blood. I gathered specimens, after the herd had moved on, and the pieces smelled rotted. They must have some way of healing from this incidental damage, because most of them have unblemished, healthy coats. They use their muzzles often, for eating and communication, so the fur and flesh never has time to regenerate there, and the front of the nasal and oral cavity are bare bone. Their posturing language is like that of the wild ponies I have also observed in this area, but when hunting they use techniques similar to a pack of wolves. They will feed both on fresh prey and on carrion. They have no fear of humans, or other predators, and I have had to stay out of sight to avoid a close encounter. Their sight and hearing seem keen, but they show no signs of having a sense of smell, as I have been both up and downwind of them. Unlike wolves or horses, they seem to mate indiscriminately. There are some foals with the herd, but I have not seen any of the mothers actually give birth, so I do not know if it happens in the open, or if they make a den. There is a young mare who has been leaving the herd to hunt more and more on her own. Tomorrow night I will follow her more closely to see if she may be denning."

This was the Professor's last entry, but her work was later taken up by Prof. Meepfur of St. Andrew's, Scotland. She managed to keep (domesticate would not be the correct word) a herd of Siirae on campus. From her research, we know that:

• Siirae usually have coat colors we find elsewhere in nature, and a polished black skeletal structure. Occasionally they will be more exotic colors, with distinct patterns not found in nature. There does not seem to be a correlation between pack dominance and coloration. Some breedings, however, produce sterile foals.
  • They are silent creatures, for the most part. They rub muzzles often, and will rarely growl or whicker to each other. This does not explain the level of communication that seems to pass between them.
  • Their glowing eyes have the power to hypnotize. Prof. Meepfur recorded an incident where one of the mares coaxed an unfortunate freshman over to its stall, and rather than eating her, made her open it's door, strip down, and stand inside the stall in its place. This also suggests that they are more intelligent than was first thought. If so, it is a primitive intelligence but one that, apparently, includes a sense of humor.
  • They are not, in fact, harmed by daylight. They just have an extreme aversion to it, and are either more sluggish or more violent if forced to be out during the day.
  • They have no sense of smell, from their lack of reaction to blood or carrion that is out of sight. But they can track living things, and often gather when something is dying. Keen sight or hearing do not seem able to account for this ability to sense life.

Stages

User Image
Fetus

This stage happens only as the result of breedings. Within two weeks it will grow into an adult.

User Image
Adult
This is the most common stage for Siirae. Flatsale Siirae will be sold as adults. At this stage Siirae are able to breed.

User Image
Evolved
Siirae evolve only as a result of questing or purchasing a custom. Evolved Siirae are more powerful and intelligent than adult Siirae. Breeding with an evolved Siira heightens the chance of a rare color type in the fetus, one that may not even resemble the parents.

questing for an evolved

To quest for an evolved stage for one of your Siira, you must make your own game, and then win at it.

First make a quest thread in the Guild.

Second choose a goal for your breeding. For example "a flame point siamese" or "a matching mount for my FFVII Vincent cosplay character" or "the ugliest Siira evar"...it can be anything. Please be creative. Don't make a quest for "a black Siira." But it is alright to make a quest for something you think you can possibly achieve from one of the Siira you already own.

Third..breed. You dont have to breed the Siira you hope to evolve. You can even ask two other owners to breed their Siira for you, if they are willing. Post pictures of or links to the parents in your quest thread. Then post the results. It is up to colorists to be sensitive to your goals, but also to give you results that clearly stem from the parents you bred. You are not garunteed to reach your goal in one breeding, or even several. It depends on the skill of your choices.

Four - win! When you get a foal that you think fits the description of your goal, post it in your quest thread. Then PM XiaoRen. I reserve the right to say that you are off your rocker and your new purple and black spotted Siira is, in fact, not a flame point siamese. But the chances are you will be approved for an evolved.

Last choose which of your Siira you want to have evolve. It can be any Siira you own.

Repeat.
User Image

How to catch a Siira.

Siirae can be natural colored or rare colored. A natural Siira is any color that can be found on an animal in nature. We sometimes fudge this rule and call a Siira natural if it "looks" natural, even if it is an impossible combination of natural colors or markings. For example a bronze and gold tiger Siira. A rare Siira is a color not found on an animal in nature. For example a neon 80's Siira, or a Siira with celtic patterning. Any lineart edits or cosplays are considered rare.

Speedsale: Speedsale price is 10k for natural Siirae and 15k for rare.

You know the drill. Previews of the Siirae to be sold will appear in this post on the front page, when a speedsale is scheduled. At the time of the sale, I will post a "Go" post, and you'll post which Siirae you want, by color. You can only post one choice. To choose again you must post again. The first person after the "go" post to ask for an unchosen Siira will get that Siira. If you want to proxy for a friend who cannot be present for the sale, PM me first, so that I know what is going on before the sale. If you are proxying for a friend but also want to buy a Siira for yourself, you cannot post your own choice and your friend's choice in the same post, but would need to post again for one of them. You may post as many times as you like and win as many Siira as you can.

Raffle: Also pretty easy. Raffle tickets will be sold either until a specific date, or until a specific number of tickets are sold. You can buy as many tickets as you want. I will use dice or a randomizer in order to choose a number. The owner of the winning ticket gets the Siira.

Auction: Auctions may be held in a seperate thread. Rules for each auction will be posted at the time.

Pet Trade: If you are interested in a pet trade, PM me with your offer. Any Siira purchased via Pet Trade is a full custom. I would expect whatever pet I receive to be a full custom as well. If you have a really nice pet, I would be willing to trade you several custom Siirae in exchange.

Current Sales

None ATM

Guest Coloring

I want to take a break from flatsales for a little and focus on breeding. Past guest artists, if you want to color Siira, please consider opening a breeding slot. Wouldbe guest artists, you can still PM me examples of your work. If I am impressed enough I will let you open a breeding slot. If you are dying to color flatsale Siira just hang tight. This is temporary.
If you ever want to be a guest colorist for the Sepulchery, just PM Xiaoren. I'll send you the lineart and you can make as many Siirae as you like. One caveat, I reserve the right to veto any Siira, so only Siirae I have approved will be sold. You can decide whether you want the results to be for a flatsale, auction, raffle, whatever. I will be in charge of picking a date and running the sale. Please send me the files as PNGs.

10% of proceeds are tithed to me as the tenebrous deity of undea...cough...shopowner.
So for a 10k Siira, I get 1k and you get 9k.

Past Guest Colorists
07/22/09: Darkmoon Dancer - more breeding slots
07/21/09: Darkmoon Dancer - breeding slot
06/27/09: Ivynian - breeding slot
06/27/09: Darkmoon Dancer - flatsale
05/25 - 06/13: Meepfur, Ivynian, Meeki - Fresh Blood donations
05/24/09: Vesale - flaffle and breeding slot
05/16/09: Ivynian - lineart edit auction
05/08/09: Darkmoon Dancer - flatsale
04/30/09: Syrie - breeding slot
04/22/09: Ivynian - flatsale
04/07/09: Thabara - 2 breeding slots
04/04/09: Syrie - flatsale and auction
04/04/09: Haisyn Fierra - flatsale
User Image

Undead Birth is Strange

Like horses, we think Siirae mate according to hierarchical herd structure in the wild, but in captivity they can be bred indiscriminately. The growth of the half dead fetus is incredibly fast. Estimated gestation for wild Siirae is two months. While pregnant, the female becomes increasingly ravenous, until soon even the males in the herd are afraid of her. The most dangerous Siira is a female who is about to give birth. Whether this is a protective instinct or just a quirk of being undead is unknown. At this stage the mother is too dangerous to handle, and may even be a danger to her own foal. To avoid unnecessary carnage here at the stables, we deliver the foals by C-section at two weeks old. The fetus is able to survive at this early age, and is, in fact, much more manageable than a cub/foal born at full gestation. The mother regenerates, healing her wound over the course of about a week.

This means that after breeding your Siirae, the female will have between one and three foals within the span of two weeks. She must wait another week before breeding again. Male Siirae can breed at any time, and can be involved in more than one breeding at the same time. The foals grow to adulthood within another 2 weeks. (I say within. It can be faster if the colorist is impatient. But it shouldn't take too much longer.)

Breeding for Color

Here are the percentage chances of having a rare colored foal based on breeding combinations. With some combinations there is also a chance of having a sterile foal. By breeding two evolved you have a chance of having an inherently evolved foal, who will grow to the final stage with no actions on your part.

These percentages are applied by the colorist rolling a D100 for every foal, likely in RL, but as an action in thread if you want to see. If the number comes up lower than or equal to the percentage, then the foal will be rare colored. There are separate rolls for each attribute. So, for instance, in a breeding between two rare evolved Siirae, there are 3 rolls for each foal to separately determine color, fertility, and inherent potential to evolve.

Natural X Natural = 0%
Natural X Rare = 25%
Natural X Natural Evolved = 25%
Natural X Rare Evolved = 50%

Rare X Natural = 25%
Rare X Rare = 50% / 10% sterile
Rare X Natural Evolved = 50%
Rare X Rare Evolved = 75% / 25% sterile

Natural Evolved X Natural = 25%
Natural Evolved X Rare = 50%
Natural Evolved X Natural Evolved = 50% /10% sterile / 10% evoloved
Natural Evolved X Rare Evolved = 75% / 25% sterile / 25% evolved

Rare Evolved X Natural = 50%
Rare Evolved X Rare = 75% / 25% sterile
Rare Evolved X Natural Evolved = 75% / 25% sterile / 25% evolved
Rare Evolved X Rare Evolved = 100% / 50% sterile / 50% evolved

Wanna breed...?
User Image
A breeding costs 15k no matter what sort of Siira the parents are. Send 1.5k to the mule and 13.5 to the colorist.
There are a few ways you can get a breeding slot.

Speedsales
When a breeding slot opens, both interested parties must post in thread declaring which Siira they want to breed for the slot. For example, Sinbari would post "Mr Bones X Ichor please" and XiaoRen would post "IchorXMr Bones yesyesyes". The first pair to have posted gets the slot. If one person has posted, and the second person has not, and then another pair posts - then the second pair gets the slot. If you own both Siirae, you only have to post once.

The Shop Herd
The shop keeps a herd of donated and discarded Siirae for breeding purposes. Breeding your Siira with one of the shop herd functions the same as breeding two of your own Siirae. Post the name of your own Siira and the name of the shop herd Siira when you request a breeding. You do not have to PM the mule or XiaoRen to request confirmation before requesting the breeding. The only time a shop herd Siira will be unavailable for breeding is when a mare is currently involved in a breeding. You cannot breed two shop herd Siira to each other; one of the breeding pair must belong to someone.

The Waiting List
To encourage selective breeding, and give artists some choice, here is a list of the breedings that owners currently want. An artist can first peruse this list, and if there is a breeding they would like to color, they can accept it. The list is kept in order of request, so there is also a likelihood that I will sometimes do breedings for whoever is at the top of it. To be on this list, like a speedsale, both owners must have posted in thread. Shop Herd Siira may also be used for these breedings.

1: Detroit X Igni (Rare X Rare Evolved) - would especially like Ivynian or Syrie for this =3=
2: Boo X Triiala (Rare X Rare)
3: Arkady X Rajiv (Natura X Natural)

Breeding Slots

• Thabara Slot 1: Pulse X Raife (Rare X Rare) - PAID
  • XiaoRen Slot 1: Absinthe X LundiGras (Natural X Rare) - payment pending
  • Ivynian Slot 1: Lurid X Isis (Natural X Natural) - payment pending
User Image

Natural Custom: This is a Siira of a color that can be found on an animal in nature. You can request it either as a fetus or as an adult.

Cost: 20k

Full Custom This is a Siira of any color or pattern that you can imagine. You can request it as a fetus or as an adult.

Cost: 30k

Evolved Custom: This is a Siira of any color or pattern that you can imagine. You can request it as a fetus, adult, or an evolved. It will grow to an evolved stage no matter which stage you initially request. This is the only way to get an evolved Siira besides a quest, or breeding two evolved.

Cost: 50k

Lineart Edited Custom: Self explanatory. Cosplay Siira, or Siira with items, or Siira with extra or missing bits. You must pitch your idea to the current artist with a slot. They can accept or decline it, and they can decide the price on a case by case basis.

Ballpark: 100k

Customs Availability

Events: alas

• XiaoRen Slot 1: Natural Custom treedragon for Manda
  • XiaoRen Slot 2: Rare Custom Neil Gaiman's Bahgdad for Kuronue
  • XiaoRen Slot 3: Rare Custom Underworld for Thabara
User Image

Please save adults to your own account and post me the link in thread.
Please direct link fetii until they are grown.

If your Siira is still here, it means you haven't posted me your link. If you do not post me your link, you will not be added to the owner's list and eventually your Siira will be removed from pickups.

All the certificates presented here are full size. You are free to resize or edit them and save a separate link for your own use, but all certificates for the ownerlist must be this size.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Siira are not RP required pets.

That said, you are always welcome to RP them in this thread, or in others. We encourage you to use them as "petpets" for your characters from other threads.

Things to Keep in Mind

Siira make good mounts for vampires, netherworld gods, and all sorts of unsavory character types.

How others perceive a Siira and how it perceives itself will be different. Siirae play their cards close, and may appear as mere undead beasts to other intelligent species. They are easy to underestimate, but the more a character interacts with a Siira, the more he or she will come to realize that mistake. A Siira is as intelligent as a human, but its motivations and senses are different than a fully living creature's.

Being undead, Siira crave living flesh. Consuming the life of others enables them to regenerate if they are wounded, whereas consuming dead flesh only gives them enough energy to sustain themselves. Unlike zombies, or other unintelligent undead, however, a Siira will not thoughtlessly attack every living creature around itself. It will weigh difficulty and danger, and the benefits it might recieve from not eating someone immediately. Siirae like to play psychological games with their prey.

Despite having no sense of smell, Siirae are adept at sensing or tracking the living. Though this fact has been noted by those who keep them, only the Siirae know why this is the case. A Siira's glowing eyes see far more than reflected light; they perceive the chi that is present in all things. The night world appears as a bright and colorful panorama of auras to a Siira. Non-living matter has a very faint chi, animals a brighter chi, humans yet brighter, and supernatural creatures the brightest of all. The chi of other undead or evil creatures appears like thick, dark, colored mist, instead of a diffuse glow. A Siira can tell much of the nature of another creature from the appearance of its chi. Also, chi leaves a trail wherever a creature has passed, like moving light in photo exposed over a long time, or fingerprints on things another creature has touched. The stronger the chi of a creature, the longer this trail will last, and the easier it is for a Siira to track it. By day a Siira's eyes are too sensitive to the light to make out any but evil chi. If forced to be in strong sunlight, Siirae will bury their faces in each other's flanks (or the chest of an evil keeper) and let the dark chi shade them.

Siira communicate to each other through telepathy. They can only communicate with other intelligent species this way if they can look directly into their eyes. This is also the power they use to hypnotize creatures with minds weaker than their own. Most Siirae prefer to keep their powers of communication hidden, unless they are about to kill someone.

Besides their own kind, a Siira is most likely to form a bond with other powerful evil or undead creatures. Good or neutral individuals can form bonds with Siirae, but they must first prove themselves strong enough to be not worth killing. It is more likely that such a person would have a dominant relationship with a Siira, and the Siira would resent it.
User Image

White List

Syrie - gives me art
Ivynian - also gives me art, and makes my life happy
Kur0nue - made "The List"
Prolixity - made the banners and certs
Haisyn Fierra - for helping with other people's quests
Sinbari - diehard Siira owner
Thabara - for being the only one who can get those patterns and textures on Siira
Meepfur - for giving me the shop

Black List

None
Link Us

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/doc9s][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/folkenwolf/siira/banners/siirabanner_title.gif[/IMG][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://tinyurl.com/doc9s][img]http://tinyurl.com/22xcjh[/img][/url]

Affiliates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - Thabby's awesome items

User Image
- Haisyn's kitties
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - where Xiao moonlights
User Image - Ivy's smexy gods
User Image - my Buddhist BL bois
User Image - SinbArrrr ye mateys!
User Image
User Image

User Image
spare post
spare post
spare post
spare post

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items