Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Is lucid dreaming real?

Yes 0.85714285714286 85.7% [ 66 ]
no 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I need more information first. 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Ok for those of you who don't know, lucid dreaming is knowing you are asleep while you are dreaming, and then taking control of the dream. Most people set up a desire before falling asleep, and then once asleep act on this desire.

So I want to know how many believe this is real...I mean knowing your asleep...hmm, seems crazy right?

=)
Here is a link to a site with information on Lucid Dreaming.
http://www.dreamviews.com/
I never knew what it was called, but it has happened to me once before. Of course I believe lucid dreaming is real.
those are so much fun. ive only had 1 or 2 really good lucid dreams, usably there more like realizing i'm dreaming and then get tossed around because i couldn't take full control from my subconscious. usably i cant stay on the ground after i realize im dreaming, i always fly off in some manner

they are, in fact, real

Dangerous Tycoon

I've never purposely had one, but I have at times realized that the situation I was in, in the dream, was so unreal it had to be a dream, at which point I became lucid.

The only requirement for it to be considered one of those is that you know you are dreaming and can make decisions based on the fact that you know you are dreaming.

I kinda like them since they entertain easily. People in them react kind of in the way you 'will' them to, so even if you don't personally do anything out of the ordinary you can watch some strange things happen.
Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, Planeswalking, whatever mang, it's all gravy. smile
Oh its real, quite a few of my friends commonly have lucid dreams. The couple times I realized I was dreaming I got sucked back in really quickly though.
You don't need control to have a lucid dream. You just need to know you're dreaming.
LtEarthworm
You don't need control to have a lucid dream. You just need to know you're dreaming.

a good lucid dream is when you do have control. there are time where i have an odd feeling about whats happening but not fully realizing its a dream
=) So no one thinks its all hogwash?
isn't anyone a skeptic =(
LtEarthworm
Btw knowing your in a dream is thus taking control of your dream because all that is needed to be considered control is semi-rational thought I.E. knowing its not real allows you to know that if your falling off a cliff you shouldn't be afraid, where as when in a non lucid dream you would be "forced" to be frightened.
I've had a lucid dream before. By the time I realized I was in control, I started to wake up.
Sandform
=) So no one thinks its all hogwash?
isn't anyone a skeptic =(

why would you be? its not that far fetched after all its just thinking wile sleeping
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'm listening to the music with no fear,
You can hear it too if your sincere...

I've had several, they were mostly caused from WBTB though. ]:

Coz I'm a punk rocker yes I am.
Well I'm a punk rocker yes I am.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
yea ive had more than a couple, ive been studying them for a while, ive actually tried to explore space, it is extremely difficult to completely change the setting though, i usually wake up cause i get excited when i realize im still dreaming though

Tipsy Lunatic

I say they're real. I've experienced a few of them. Dreams just aren't as fun when you can control everything that goes on, though. It's like using God mode and all-weapons in a game confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff