Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>The UNofficial Gaian Art-Whore Guild
User Image</center>
art-whore ( ärt-hôr) n. A person who fanatically collects artwork from other artists, weather by commissioning, art-trades, gift art, or by other means. The person usually has a particular character which thier commissioned artwork usually focuses on.
From the latin term Artous Collectus Compellious
<center>
User Image</center>
Welcome to The Official Gaian Art-Whore Guild! ^_^
In short, this is a place for art enthusiasts to hang out, show off thier latest commissioned artwork, and also share links to thier favorite shops! Please take a look around, read the rules, and feel free to jump into the conversation (in that order please ^_~)!!
<center>
User Image</center>
announcments:

12-17-04:
The OGAWG has moved!! As of today, we are part of the GGN, please tke all buisness there as this thread is now effectivly closed! surprised

<center>The OFFICIAL Gaian Art Whore Guild
</center>

old announcments
11-15-04 (11-19-04): added a "Jr. Whores" section. ^_^ What does it mean to be a Jr. Whore, you ask? Well basically it means that the guild recognizes that you are on the right track towards joining the guild and that you are welcome to post art and chat here as you please. :3 Jr. Whore status does not make you an official member and as a Jr. Whore you are not elligable for discounts offered to guild members or other such guild benefits. How do you apply to be a Jr. Whore? You don't. whee Jr. Whores are hand selected and apointed by me purely at my whim and fancy! ^_~ So don't ask.
7-20-04: yay, i'm so happy! it looks like the guild is really starting to take off! ^_^
on another note, i'm heading out of town now for 2 weeks. i probably will get online once or twice from my sister's house so if someone has a question or something thst need's my immediat attention please pm me! ^_^ and, uhhh....well my attention won't be immediat... whee but it will be faster than waiting for me to get home! :3 ja nen~
7-15-04: w00t! got a good portion of the graphics now! heart queen of dorks!
7-15-04: Well, still lookin' a little bare, but I didn't want this to fall too far down in the test forum and be deleted so might as well open her up! ^_^ Graphis are comming soon, I already have an artist working on it!

<center>
User Image</center>
quick links:
post 1 - Introduction and Announcments (you are here)
post 2 - Rules, Membership Requirements, and How to join
post 3 - Whore List and Gallery Links
post 4 - Favorite Shops Link List
post 5 - Guild Buttons and Linking Information
<center>Rules and Requirements
User Image</center>

Rules
1. No flaming. We're all here bacause of a common interest so I don't forsee this being much of a problem. ^_^ There's always one random flamer though...in such a case, please don't lower yourself to thier level! ^_^;
2. No spam. This includes all the regular spamy stuff, but also excessive bumping. The occasional bump is fine, but there really isn't much reason to mindlessly bump for hours... ^_^;; Members, please bookmark the guild and you will always be able to find it no matter how many pages down it is! ^_^
3. Members only? Well, not really...non-members are free to post the occasional message, but please keep it to a minimum. ^_^; Other-wise what's the point of joining if anyone could post? ^_~
4. Use links when appropriate. If you're posting a pic or showing off your newest commission, please refrain from posting the whole picture and instead leave a link if the image is larger then 600 pixels wide. Posting excessivly wide images stretches out the screen and angers the penguin! ^_^;
5. Rule five. ...cause there didn't seem to be enough rules. XD If you think of something that should be added to the rules, please let me know! ^_^

<center>User Image</center>

Membership Requirements
So you want to join the guild? ^_^ Anyone meeting the following requirements will be admitted free of charge!

1. Must have more than 50 commissions* under yer belt. Does not have to be of a single character, however don't go overboard there...50 pics of 50 different characters doesn't count! ^_^;; Along those same lines, fan art doesn't count in most cases. Avatar edits do, but only if they aren't fan-edits! >.<;
2. Must have commissions in a public gallery. What good are 300 pics if others can't view them? ^_^; If you don't have a web page gallery, an easy and free alternative is setting up a photobucket account! As long as your photobucket account isn't password protected, it acts very much like a gallery. If you can't leave your photobucket un-passworded, please consider either getting a second account, or making a web page gallery at a site like Angelfire, Geocities, or FreeWebs.

*For simplicity's sake, I use the term 'commissions' to represent all artwork by other artists. This includes not only actual commissions, but also art recieved as gifts or through trades, ect., bassically any artwork done by request from another person.

<center>User Image</center>

How to Apply
This one's easy! Just post here stating your desire to join and fill out the little form below.

[color=red]name[/color] [url=url of gallery]gallery[/url]
total number of commissions ____
Also, feel free to add extra links for you contests, shop, or request thread if you have one and so desire! ^_^
<center>
User Image</center>

member name and number | link to gallery/ies | link to request or contest, ect.
[ whores 50+ ]
Nivea #15 gallery
Lliandra #16 gallery
SailorCatz #18 gallery
Kyrrakina #20 gallery
Trugoy #24 gallery
spootdemon #27 gallery
Codie #30 gallery
Neith-Kia #34 gallery
Chie #35 gallery
Princess Nausicca #37 gallery
Nukuri #32 gallery | request
Queen Zenobia #41 gallery

[ major-whores 100+ ]
Illika #founder gallery | contest
The Poisen Arrow #3 gallery | contest
Reko #8 gallery
Mekania #9 gallery
LiVeena #13 gallery
Mizukori #14gallery 1 | gallery 2
Mau #19 gallery
Sai Amayashi #22 gallery
Sunihiroku #23 gallery
StarDust52 #26 gallery
Kajo #28 gallery | request
Yuzi_K #32 gallery
Ursah Bunny #33 gallery
Sajhiri #36 commission gallery | art gallery 1 | art gallery 2
Cryptic Angel #38 gallery | request
Yuumei Tenshi #40 gallery
Kiriko #41 gallery | gallery 2 | request

[ super-whores 200+ ]
Sethirius #11 gallery
Kia Ryou #12 gallery|gallery 2|contest
Songjewel #17 gallery
Aeriana #25 gallery
Noraboo #29 gallery

[ ultra-whores 350+ ]
Sabin Duvert #4 gallery | request thread
JustPlainJoe #5 gallery? ¬.¬;
-~o..Klody..o~- #7 gallery | gallery2 | request
zephyree #10 gallery | gallery 2
*Washu* #21 (please ask her for gallery link)

[ uber-whores 500+ ]
Raesha #founder gallery | contest!
Kamiki #6 gallery | request thread

[ OMGWTF-whore 1000+?! ]
<center>
User Image</center>
[member list in numericial number--name and number only.]

Raesha #founder
Illika #founder
The Poisen Arrow #3
Sabin Duvert #4
JustPlainJoe #5
Kamiki #6
SAD-Klody t_t #7
Reko #8
Mekania #9
zephyree #10
Sethirius #11
Kia Ryou #12
LiVeena #13
Mizukori #14
Nivea #15
Lliandra #16
Songjewel #17
SailorCatz #18
Mau #19
Kyrrakina #20
*Washu* #21
Sai Amayashi #22
Sunihiroku #23
Trugoy #24
Aeriana #25
StarDust52 #26
spootdemon #27
Kajo #28
Noraboo #29
Codie #30
Yuzi_K #31
Nukuri #32
Ursah Bunny #33
Neith-Kia #34
Chie #35
Sajhiri #36
Princess Nausicaa #37
Cryptic Angel #38
Yuumei Tenshi #39
Kiriko #40
Queen Zenobia #41

[ Jr. Whores (see announcment) ]
jAdediCe
<center>
User Image
</center>
This is a list of member's favorite commission shops. If you have some to add, please post ans I will add the links post haste! ^_^
Shops marked with a << offer a discount to guild members. :3

(shops are listed somewhat alphabetically ^_^)
~*Eye Candy*~
[Haden's Art Shop]
Illika's Gaian Expressions << guild members recieve a 10% discount
Jet Set Artists
Little Lookers Avatar Art
-Obsession-
Superdonut's Shop
::STUDIO SAMEE::
the Pencil shoppe by jAdediCe << guild members save 10%-20%
Link the OGAWG

Just 2 far, more comming soon!! :3 If you like to make us a button, please do! ^_^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/3sv7r][img]http://tinyurl.com/4bj9l[/img][/url]

Members can request this button to be personalized with your name and member number! ^_^

And here's a less obtrusive one... whee
[URL=http://tinyurl.com/3sv7r][img]http://tinyurl.com/4ajvw[/img[/URL]
[reserved for possible future use]

(for my own use... >.> wink

[url=http://tinyurl.com/3sv7r][img][/img][/url]
[code][url=http://tinyurl.com/3sv7r][img][/img][/url]
HAW! first post ninja

Update! - Ah! I have return some what ninja and my current picture count is at 161! I am slowly getting up there!

Dangerous Lunatic

1,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
*Steals spot*

Kamiki's Partner

Winter Trash

*grins* I most certainly wish to join - I don't think there's another guild I'd feel so attached to as one of my Primary loves of Gaia - the artwork 4laugh

IN total, I have 376 commissioned/traded/gift/contest artworks (and counting ^_~) of my two closest characters, Sabin Duvert and Ambrose Maurlias posted to my various gallery pages online - admittedly, not all commissed through gaia, but a majority of them are.

My characters: http://arania.kamiki.net/original_characters.htm

My galleries are linked to from those pages - for each character respectively. (I've got a weird organization system... but it works ^^; )

I don't currently have a requests thread - in leiu I am running a focued art contest at the moment: http://gambino.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pt=1083869268&p=99739775

And of course I am ALWAYS looking for more artists - as I can afford of course ^_~.

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Kamiki
Oh- I definately would like to join!!! I'm redoing my character and commissions page now  

Great!! ^_^ i just need to know how many pics do you have and get a link to your gallery!
w00t! openness!! xd
whee

Yes, I am a whore smile

heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items