Welcome to Gaia! ::

this is a PRIVATE RP between [-R.a.i.n.b.o.w-] and myself, Libitine.

If you are neither of these users DO NOT post here. Thanks.

The Video That Started It All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQOIGfxvuFI

Made By: Immortal1blue (a.k.a. [-R.a.i.n.b.o.w-])

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters
(in no particular order)

Mab

User Image * User Image * User Image * User Image * User Image

Moira

Leah

Dustin

Sky

Mordred

Merlin

Arthur

The Lady of the Lake

Frik

The Lady Morgan le Fay

Nimue

Idath

While we have no pictures of Idath because he appears only in James Mallory's books, he is described as follows:

He was tall and gaunt, his whole being cloaked in shadows. Beneath the heavy antler-crowned bronze helmet he wore, his eyes glowed feral red. Yet he, just as she, was dwindling away through the force of the humans' disbelief. - The Old Magic [Part One] pg. 9

Not much about Idath is described, except that he is Lord of Winter and Death himself, residing in Anoeth to hunt down souls. The members of his hunt are all gods who have already been forgotten.

He was lover to Mab, but something unknown in her wickedness pushed him away.
RP Rules

1. You must be literate (i.e. No Chatspeak). Spelling does not have to be perfect, but please try.
2. Writing responses for characters other than yourself is not allowed.
3. Responses must be at least as long as the person's before you.
4. You must ask before killing other characters or adding new ones.
5. Plots for the fanfiction can be close to the acual Merlin miniseries, but not exact for the sake of copyright and the fact that the RP should be original.
Queen Mab slowly peered into her bed of crystals at the image before her. A young woman could be seen inside. She had waist-long jet-black hair and peircing eyes. Her milky skin was hit gently by the small amount of light in the room.

"She's perfect." Mab whispered to herself and gently touched her crystal. "So beautiful . . . " She smiled softly and brushed her own black locks away from her face.

She was quite content being the only one who knew. Frik didn't know. Viviane didn't know. Even Loke was in the dark. It was no surprise the princess's father was oblivious as well.
Her hand touched her stomach. There was one flaw. Her land, the Land of Magic, was a place where nothing could grow and time stood deathly still. Mab would have to move. She rolled her eyes. That was annoying.

"Frik!" Mab's voice pierced the silence of the cave and her servant came running. "Y-Yes Madame?" He said, bowing infront of his Queen. "We are moving to the surface Frik." Mab said simply and walked past him. "Oh?" She heard him say as he scurried around to catch up with her. "Why is that Madame?" She stopped in her tracks, taking only a moment to contemplate whether or not she should tell him the truth. "Well, nothing grows here. You know that Frik." He nodded and then frowned. "Nothing grows? Yes, I do know that." He said. "But why is that of importance Madame?" Mab sighed. Frik was cutting on her last nerve, but she was too drained of energy to deal with him. He would find out anyway. There was no way around it. "Because I am pregnant, Frik, that's why." Mab said and continued on her way.

The gnome forced a smile. "Well congratulations Madame!" He said happily. "That's wonderful news. I am so happy for you and, his lordship of course." She whiped her head around.

"Lordship? What are you saying Frik?" The gnome went pale. "N-Nothing Madame." He said quickly. She glared at him for a moment but then began walking again. "That's what I thought." She muttered. "Do you need my help with anything Madame?" Frik called after her. "Shall I do anything for you?" Mab stopped yet again and sighed. She was so tired all of a sudden. "Just pack your things." Mab replied. He nodded quickly. "Yes Madame. Of course Madame."

(Fifteen Years Later)

Frik paced the halls of the castle trying to pass the time. He stared at the marble floor, avoiding the mirrors that lined the hall. He never could stand to look at his reflection.

He was an awkward thing; with pale skin, pointed ears, and skinny arms and legs. Frik had been one of Mab's earlier creations; before she had mastered her craft.

Besides the many mirrors, windows were seen in the hallway. Frik pased to look outside at the many faes that fluttered in the cave. Their houses hung down from the ceiling of the tall cave; resembling cocoons. They floated about, some where only just getting up to greet the day, while others were deep into there work. They lived in there own world beneath this surface; hidden from anything that could be real and consumed in Mab's world of imaginary. Frik had always dreamed of leaving the palace and being free. He had never known any other place but this.

He stopped pacing and knocked timidly on the door of Moria's room. "Excuse me," he said quietly. "Miss, her Highness wishes to see you now. Won't you please come out?" He sighed as silence once again enveloped the hall.
Moira's dark hair spilled like a midnight waterfall across her pillow. She heard the knock and Frik's voice calling for her. Moira sat up and gazed around her room with emerald green eyes. She slid out of bed and crossed her darkned room to the door with the grace of a cat. She opened the door and swept past Frik without looking at him. She could feel his hungry eyes on her as she made her way down the hall. She whipped around and, glaring at him, flung him into a wall with her magic. She turned her back on him again her blood boiling. That stalker! she thought furiously. He had always had an attraction towards her even if he did nothing more than look at her. Her thoughts though, as she approached her mother's chambers, settled on softer things. That boy she had met hadn't left her thoughts once....
She opened the ornate doors in front of her and stepped inside to find her mother standing there looking at her. "You wanted to see me?" asked Moira.
Mab looked Moria up and down with her peircing green eyes. "Where the hell have you been?" she hissed, her voice barely above a whisper. "What do you think that you can just leave Mordred waiting?"

A young man entered the room and looked barely older than Moria herself. He was very tall with black wavy hair that reached his shoulders. He carried a bow and arrow at his waist and had a devilish grin on his face. "My, my. You have grown." he said quietly, speaking more to Mab than to Moira herself. "Yes." Mab replied, her eyes still fixated on her mess of a daughter. "She's beautiful, isn't she?" she said. Mordred shrugged and bowed to Moria. "It is nice to see you again." he said sarcastically.

Mab was beaming. "Moria," she said slowly. "Show Mordred around the castle." she ordered. "He'll be staying with us a while." Mab could sense her daughter begin to protest. "Don't argue with me." she snapped.

Mordred continued to smirk in Moria's direction as he followed her out of the room.
Moira looked at the young man, Mordred, whose name meant "the fear of death". He wasn't bad looking she decided, but she didn't like his name or that self-assured smirk on his face. Oh, this is going to be fun. thought Moira, already planning what she would do to this cocky mortal. Moira hid her anger and smiled sweetly at Mordred, holding out her arm to him, which he took. Mab watched them leave with a satisfied smile on her face.

Frik spotted Moira dipping her toes into the cool water at the base of Mab's palace. He hurried over to her. "Dinner is almost ready, where is Mordred?!" he exclaimed. Moira allowed a slow, satisfied smirk to cross her features. "Oh, he's around..." she drawled, while Frik began frantically looking around for Mordred. Then he spotted Mordred who was stuck to one of the nearby stalactites on the ceiling. Mordred apparently had a silencing spell placed on him since he was mouthing furiously, but no sound came out. "I didn't like his manners, and then he continued to yell at me when I put him up there so I really had no choice." Moira spoke offhandedly, though still with an amused smile on her face.
Mab silently watched Mordred and Moira walk away with a pleasured grin on her face. "Frik," she said to the gnome behind her. "Y-Yes, Madame?" he replied shakily. "Watch them." she ordred. Frik bowed at his queen and scurried off and out of harm's way.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
--------------------------------------------------------------------
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Mordred toured his aunt's palace with a silent Moira. He ended up making boring conversation while she averted her hypnotizing eyes away from him. When they made it to a cool pool near the entrance to Mab's cave, Mordred waved his hand in the air, a giant frog fell down on Moira's head. Mordred burst out laughing at her reaction to his trick.

In an instant, he found himself with his arms around a stalatight instead of his aunt's dearest daughter. "You witch!" he shouted, but was silenced.

As Frik made his way to the pool and to Moira, Mordred jumped down from the mouth of the cave and landed neatly on his feet. He then waved his hand over his mouth and smiled with pleasure. "May I remind you," he said angrily. "You are not the only one endowed around here."

Frik's mouth was wide open when Mab appeared at his side. "What's going on?" she said angrily and pushed Frik's mouth closed with three of her fingers. Mordred crossed over to his aunt. "I am afraid Morira has forgotten how to take a joke." he said with a sigh. Mab furisously looked at her daughter, her smirk vanished from her face. "Frik," she said slowly begining yet another one of her orders. "Take Mordred back to the palace." Frik protested and Mab swung around and slapped him across the face sending him into the shallow water. Once he surrfaced, he had four long cuts across his scarred face and blood dripping down to his chin. "I said leave." Mab hissed.

Frik stood only to be shoved down again by Mordred who laughed and ran ahead of the wounded creature. Within minutes, they were out of sight and out of mind.
Moira watched Mordred and Frik leave with disgust on her face. "He'd better keep his hands off me. Next time he'll find himself in worse places where he won't be able to return in one piece." Moira threatened. "What gives you the right to tell me who I should fall in love with anyway?" questioned Moira. "I can find better than him." Moira said contemptuously.
Mab looked at her daughter in utter disgust. "You have no idea what I've done for you, you and your pathetic little self." she said angrily. "I am trying to save . . . ." Mab trailed off as she brushed a strand of hair from her face. A grey strand in a sea of darkness. She turned away from her daughter as if she was too ashamed to even look at her. After a brief moment of silence, she spoke again. "You know nothing of this world." she said and gestured towards the mouth of the cave. "Moira, you are only a child."

Frik gently poured more wine in Mordred's glass and the young man rested his feet on the table. Mordred took a bite out of a ruby red apple, spitting small pieces all over the table infront of him. "How long you been here, eh?" he said to Frik, his mouth full of apple. "Quite some time now, Sir." Frik replied politely. Mordred then plucked a grape out of a huge bowl of fruit in the center of the table and popped it into his mouth. "I see . . . " he said implatiently. "I must say, I am not surprised at her horrid behavior." Mordred said. "She always was such a brat." Frik looked around nervously. "That is . . . that is a-a little harsh, don't you think so, Master Mordred?" he hurridly replied wipping the table of half-chewed apple with a worn cloth.

Mordred stood and paced the room pausing to fiddle with one of his arrows. "I will play games with her if that is how she wants it." he said softly to himself. "I would be very careful with that, Master Mordred." Frik replied cautiously. Mordred glanced up at the old gnome. "Really?" he said angrily. "You watch. She will not come out on top this time."
Moira stormed into her bedroom. I"ll be damned if I stay here one more second. she vowed to herself. She started throwing things into a satchel, then hoisted it onto her shoulder. I'll have to leave quickly before they realized anything. Moira thought. I know how Merlin escaped. I'll use the same way. Moira sneaked through all the back passages she knew and reached a clear sheet of ice on a cave wall. She closed her eyes and called to the Lady of the Lake, desperately willing her to come. "Why have you called me Moira?" the Lady spoke softly as she appeared through the sheet of ice. "I need the same help you gave to Merlin years ago." Moira replied.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_**__
----------------------------------------
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_*_*
Moira galloped across the wilderness on her stormy grey horse named Artemis. Moira, who was laughing, shouted over the noise of the wind, "Take me to him as fast as you can my dear Artemis."
"Of course, Moira" Artemis agreed. Moira gazed off into the distance. I'm coming Salem.
Mab stormed into the dining hall in a fit of rage. She grabbed Mordred's wine glass right out of his hand and threw it against the wall. The pieces flew through the air and landed in various spots on the floor. The wine itself stained the wall and dripped down slowly.

She sat down in the nearest chair she could get to and put her face in her hands. Mordred sat up in his chair and smirked. "You're in over your pretty little head with that one, aren't you Auntie?" he stated rudely. Mab looked up at him with an angry look on her face but before she had a chance to speak, Frik burst into the room. "S-She's gone." he said breathlessly. "Moira is gone."

Mab turned her attention to Frik, ready to strike at any moment.

Frik cringed at Her Majesty's reaction, knowing he would be punished even though the only thing he was, was a messenger.

Mab forgot Frik, just as quickly as she had noted his presence and disappeared in a flash of light, cursing in her fae tounge.

Mab appeared infront the sheet of ice her sister was behind slowly closing her eyes to call for her. When she appeared, Mab's eyes turned crimson. "Where did you send her?" she inquired angrily. "I guided her in the right direction. She's terribly unhappy here, you know." The Lady of the Lake answered in her smooth voice.

Mab pressed her hands against the icey wall between them. "You -" she began but stopped. The intense heat comming from the palms of her hands was melting the ice that held her sister captive. Mab took her hands away from the ice and slammed them back into it, shattering the gateway of their separte worlds. The water fell around her, but not a drop dared touch the queen. The Lady of the Lake fell forward at her sister's feet. "Mab . . ." she said gasping for air. "Please . . ." Mab looked down at her with a look of pure hate. "I am going to find her," she vowed. "and when I do . . ." Mab's voice trailed off as she disappeared in a flash of light.
Salem was as warm and gentle as ever. He picked Moira up swung her around in his excitement at seeing her again. She laughed and brought her mouth down to claim his lips as hers. His fingers trailed through her hair as he pulled her closer. Moira opened herself up to him and deepened the kiss. They broke apart breathlessly grinning at each other. Salem gently took Moira by the hand and lead her into the nearby woods for some more privacy from his busy village. The fresh pine needles crunched underfoot as they moved and flirted among the dappled shadows of the trees. Moira pulled Salem against her again for another kiss and asked, "Can I stay with you forever?"
"Yes!" he said laughing, kissing her again.
Mab approached through the trees and discovered her daughter locked in the arms of a man. Moira turned in shock to look at her mother as rage filled Mab. Salem held Moira against him protectively.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff