Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
                                User Image

L O A D I N G … 52ABX-32QJ.exe ( aka … RJ )
                                    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

███I ' M M A T R Y I T O U T, I ' M M A T R Y I T O U T 'K A Y I ' M M A T R Y I T O U T, I ' M M A T R Y I T O U T O K A Y
                                    ██████P U T 'E M U P ❣ P U T 'E M U P ❣ P U T 'E M U P ❣ I S A I D P U T 'E M U P ❣

Golden eyes looked deeply into Rose's once he was done with his verification that she was indeed Rose. Was she possibly a Rose imposter or look-a-like? No. A couple scans showed that this was indeed the original Rose. RJ gave her a bit of space and gave her a light displeased look. Really? Sir? "Jeez, Ro, quit callin' me 'Sir'. Makes me feel all old and junk, yo." He crossed his arms, seeing her smile too. Wow, it was like official kind of greeting smile and stuff. Boy, she was all stiff. Stiff like a board. She should really loosen up. "Drop the formalities. Yeah, I'm a teach' and stuff, but c'mon. Just call me RJ!" Said man gave her an energetic thumbs up with a cheeky grin. It probably didn't work like that. Come on, who would just call their teacher on a first name basis? In a university to add. Especially during regular operating hours. Even though he would tell that to everyone, no one really did it. The closest was probably "Mr. RJ", and that honestly made him feel even older. Then again the concept of aging didn't really sit into RJ due to the nature of his being. It was still a good colloquialism to use, right?

Oh, so she didn't change her own credentials? Okay, that's good. He'd probably have to get on her case if she did. Though that still didn't explain why the login signature showed up as "Elizabeth" instead of "Rosalie". That gave rise to some concern, though nothing too crazy as he eliminated the potential threat's access point. It still originated from Rose however, and that needed some investigating. "All right, all right. So ya still showed up as this "Elizabeth" on my end. Kinda need to know why, Ro. Mind layin' it down on me?" Rose was right, RJ really didn't act the part. He was highly informal, preferring a more energetic and friendly demeanor. Not only that, but his speech was probably highly different from anyone here at campus. Staff or student. Of course to his attire was definitely not fitting the dress code of the university, however he was an exception of the rule! That requires a nice delve into some not so important information, so it'll be saved for another time.

"Yeah, especially if it ain't you." RJ replied as he sighed and stood there, awaiting an answer. Rose was intelligent and definitely knew her stuff. It could be possible for her to create an account for a student, but he wouldn't think it would be so easy to see. So, rather than make assumptions (it wasn't his style either to do that), he patiently waited for her to spill the beans, if one would. Though as uncomfortable as she appeared, RJ was wearing a curious smile. Perhaps it was the fact that she got in posing as someone else. A challenge to his security skills? Maybe so, though like he thought to himself, he didn't want to assume anything. Except that perhaps Rose might be clinically insane as she talked to herself. "What?" A red question mark appeared above his head as he stared at her with a tilt of his head. His glasses lenses shimmered softly as if he were searching or computing something on them, though it was actually the reflection of the sunshine. "Yo yo, who're you talkin' to?" The teacher inquired at his student who appeared to be angry at whoever she was talking to. Suddenly her voice picked up, snapping in frustration as RJ flinched backwards, an emoticon on his face with a sweat drop displaying next to a "o 3o" face.

Glasses off now, Rosalie began to explain. Elizabeth was a program she made? Oh no, it was put into her computer? But programs didn't exist in the physical realm of human and non-human beings. Thus, RJ was led to believe it was once a living person. Did she somehow materialize this person? Clone or test tube and somehow upload to the digital realm that was a PC or laptop? There were so many ways to put it, although that pause led him to believe as well that Rose didn't really want to say more. So, it must have been a touchy subject. RJ wanted to press on, oh did he ever want to press on! Elizabeth sounded like him! Well, sorta. It honestly made him excited by the prospect that he had an entity like him. Perhaps one day Rose may be inclined to share more, but for now he felt he should probably not pry. Kinda like his old hacking days where he went untamed through many databases and servers to get any and all information he could. Yeah, just like that.

RJ gave a soft hum as he thought, a loading bar next to his head that said "Computing..." as the window title filling up slowly until it gave a soft Ping! when completed. With a chuckle and grin, his hand suddenly shot out and snatched Rose's glasses. "Your logic sounds spot on, Ro. Y'know? It's a "DOES COMPUTE" kinda thang. But I seriously can't have ya doin' that. She's impersonatin' you, and that's a security risk. Not to mention she's a program with a login, a conscious program that can do what it wants. So, I gotta do some serious counter measures and junk. I'm talkin' like deep level, goin' down the rabbit hole kinda shiz, Ro-Ro!" The whole time, RJ flailed his arms about (don't worry, he held her glasses tight) and hopped around, briefly donning a leather jacket and black colored attire like that of Neo from the Matrix. He soon returned to normal as he laughed and shook his head, handing back her glasses. The program winked at her and waited for her to put them back on, if she did, that is. Assuming she did, Rose and Elizabeth would get a nice surprise.

A new notification was created for Rose, stating that, "A New User Account was created for username 'Elizabeth'. Please specify a strong password-" and so on and so forth. Not only that, but suddenly RJ's face, digitized in an 8-bit form wearing a medieval helmet appeared above the word "Secured". "Seriously, noob, wireless is littered with hackers and junk. They can get in my beautiful network if you let them through, so I took necessary measures! I've got my own little firewall and antivirus workin' on there now. Don't worry, I won't be watchin' you like Big Brother or somethin'. Promise." RJ gave her an assuring smile, a hand on his hips. "But yeah, now you're both set. And don't worry about tellin' me more about her. This'll lil' incident will be swept under the rug."

OOC: She's so uptight. RJ's gonna try and loosen her up!

Lady Meara

Supreme Unicorn

6,925 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Watching me, wanting me. I can feel you pull me down.

▶ ▷ School grounds > Wishing well ▶ ▷ With Keisuke > alone > With Abner ▶ ▷ Angry/hurt ▶ ▷ Wearing...

By now, Jacqueline had grown accustomed to how distant and cold Keisuke could be. She didn't know his entire story - he kept it to himself, and she wasn't one to pry. She had far too many painful memories of her own; she wouldn't ask others to bring up theirs. The fact Kei was so closed off had never bothered her, but regardless of how well she knew that solitary nature, it still stung to see how he reacted as soon as she pulled her hand away. He wouldn't meet her eyes, and why should he? said a gleeful and treacherous little whisper in Jacqueline's head. She knew then that the rest of the day would be a struggle, fighting against her now extremely well-fed Unseelie nature. He saw what you really are, Jackie. Taking joy in his pain, eating it up like so much candy... You really think he'll want anything to do with you now, after seeing you like that?

She would have tried denying the accusations, but was distracted as Kei finally met her eyes. She saw the coldness in them, and felt her stomach jump into her throat. "Be more concerned about yourself, especially when it comes to your feedings." His icy tone caught her off guard, hurting in a way she hadn't expected. Her cheeks burned, her eyes instantly dropping back to the ground as she began to shrink into herself. Funny, how hard you try to help, and yet all you get is resentment in return. How long can you keep going before you give up and give in to what you really are?

It was Kei's laugh that finally forced Jacqueline's attention outward from herself. And when it did, she was immediately hit with another wave of emotion from him. Shame, resentment, desperation... Keisuke was manic with it. She was worried for him - with how much she'd taken a moment ago, there was no way that fire inside of Kei should have been flaring up again so quickly. What must he be thinking about that would pull him back in so soon? she wondered.

"Kei, are you-?" she began to ask worriedly, not even paying mind to the curious eyes that were now watching the two of them. He stopped her before she could even finish the thought. "Just, just leave me alone, Jackie." The words cut deep, and Jacqueline flinched, taking a step back as he turned from her and darted away. Her hands trembled, her eyes flashing black with her own storm of emotion - embarrassment, anger, and a sort of bitter hurt that only comes from feeling as if you've been used. Jackie turned and pushed back through the tide of students, her teeth cutting into her lip as she bit down hard to keep herself from throwing any hurtful words after him. It took her a few moments to realize she could taste the warm copper of freshly drawn blood in her mouth.

[********] she swore under her breath, just as a flutter of wings alerted her to Dante's presence once again at her shoulder. He didn't make a sound, didn't attempt to distract her. He was still and silent, the brush of his feathers a comforting warmth against Jackie's cheek. She laughed bitterly as she reached up to wipe the blood from her lips. A swipe of her thumb across the cut closed it, though she couldn't be bothered to reduce the swelling and heal it fully. She didn't really give a damn just then.

"Well, they say no good deed goes unpunished, don't they, Dante?" she said, voice dripping with sarcasm. What did Kei expect her to do? There weren't exactly people lining up to let her feed from them. Most people preferred not to share their feelings with strangers. If that wasn't enough, there was still the problem of Jackie's control. Kei usually had so much extra emotion to give, she would have had to put in an actual effort if she wanted to take enough to hurt him. With most others, however, it was far easier to over do it, and leave them feeling weak and empty.

Lost in thought, Jacqueline hadn't paid attention to the direction in which she was headed, that is, until she finally glanced up and saw the wishing well in front of her. A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips. It wasn't where she'd expected to end up, but she was far from unhappy with where her subconscious had led her. She made her way over to the stone benches that surrounded the old well, tossing her bags beside the seat and pulling her legs up under her as she sat down.

She glanced around, taking in the peace and quiet. The wishing well typically wasn't too crowded of a place. It was a nice spot to relax, or to come and just sit and think during a rough day. Her eyes settled on the closest bench to her, and she realized that the hunched over figure who occupied it was Abner Hayes.

"Well well, Abner," she commented teasingly, "school's barely started and you're already back to your favorite loitering spot, hmmm?"

Fearing you, loving you. I won't let you pull me down...

Dominal
User ImageUser Image
══════════════════
⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢
Ƚocation - Main Gate -> Open Area
⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢
Щith - Delia
⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢
Ӎindset - Joyous!
⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢
Ѻoc - Surprisingly I know a little bit about cross-pollination and breeding of plants sweatdrop
══════════════════

Ambrose kept the insanely large goofy grin spread across his face the entire time that Delia was speaking, not wanting to let on that in his mind he seemed to be running laps around himself. "Just for once let us hope for no fire, why always with the fire? Oh no no, what am I thinking? What if my dear Delia tries to roast my precious hat from my head?! Has she ever done that? Tried to do that? Oh course not! But.. She still might. What have I done?! It's alright, keep calm now, if Delia decided to make things nice and hot I can just, I'll just say, hmm what should I say? I couldn't hurt her feelings! No no, what a pickle you have just placed yourself into! Oh but how ravishing she looks even when not all dressed up! If things get bad just, just keep some distance! Yes that's all, just allow yourself some space. What if she asks about it though? Mmm, oh my! Out of time to think!" The rather lanky man just nodded in agreement and turned on his heel to begin walking away from the main gate.

"Well of course my dear! I suppose firstly we must locate an area in which to test the students in the wondrous abilities that their special little selves have been given. I'm sure there just must be a place that is nice and open. Not too open mind you, wouldn't want the students to have too much room! Yes, the more enclosed a space the more likely the student will not go all out and end up destroying things. Just enough room, just enough space is what we should be looking for. And after, when we teachers are allotted a little more time I would be happy to help you manage a strain of plants resistant to your fiery personality!"

Ambrose took a moment to glance over at Delia before ranting on, he knew he had a bit of a problem in being extremely and unquestionably long winded but there was just so much to say, so much to explain! "The key to creating such a hybrid would be to find a sample set of flora that has the qualities that you're looking for and another sample set that allows easy transmission of the good qualities without worry that you'll breed in the bad qualities and lastly your sample set of flora that you wish the add the fire resistant trait! Of course it is entirely possible to skip the middle plant however some species are simply incompatible with each other and are neigh impossible to cross-pollinate! But we shall save that for a later time my dear, for now at the task at hand!"

For now Ambrose managed to keep his mouth from flapping around wildly and resorted to making a fool out of himself by perching himself up upon one leg like a flamingo and placing a hand flat across his brow in a mock expression of searching for an area that Delia could use for her "arena". He shuffled about from place to place rather quickly, each time stopping to again perch himself and glance around until he came to a spot around the backside of Building Three, the training house. He hefted his arms up like a field goal and shouted over to Delia, "Goooooooooal! My dear you could not ask for a better spot, right next to the training building! Most of your classes will be held around this area anyway if I'm not mistaken?" He nodded and waited for the Red-head to catch up letting her take a bit of time to peruse the area for it's suitability.

"Hopefully this will suit your needs just fine, if not of course we are free to keep looking! It seems we still have a bit of time until the opening ceremony. Most likely not enough to do any research on the flora you would need however.." Ambrose trailed off and shrugged slightly, he wasn't exactly sure what to do now. Would it be wise to try and ask Delia to do something after days end? He pondered the thought for a moment and was met with grizzly images of his apartment being burnt to cinders and the brim of his hat tarnished with soot. The thought alone was enough to make him shudder. Though, she hadn't lobbed a fireball around yet. Ambrose coughed lightly and pulled the brim of his hat down a little bit and decided to bite the proverbial bullet.

"Perhaps after the end of today's business while all the students are getting settled in and the paperwork has yet to begin piling up we could discuss the matter of your fire resistant strain of plants over dinner somewhere? It won't be long before going out for something nice becomes a hassle as all of our lovely students begin handing in the first bits of homework and lesson plans must be made, things prepared and many a cup of instant ramen eaten in lieu of taking the time to concoct an actual dinner." Ambrose slumped his shoulders on that last bit, knowing full and well that once the year got into full swing he'd be eating a lot of ramen. He had almost entirely forgotten about that part, his stomach already churning at the thought of digesting weeks and weeks worth of cardboard noodles. When the thought passed he returned to his typically absurd grin to wait for Delia's response, hoping it wasn't met with fire and brimstone.

Greedy Citizen

User ImageUser Image

ᒥ ⇢⇢a b n e r xx h a y e s
                                                ᒪ Experiments. Pain. Life sucks, but it's at least it's not boring. ᒣ

"Well well, Abner, school's barely started and you're already back to your favorite loitering spot, hmmm?"

Belonging to the female he liked to believe was a friend, Abner raised his crimson eyes to Jacqueline as she teased him about how often he hung around the well. Leaning back, his hands resting on the bench, legs crossed at the ankle and spread like the typical guy fashion, he offered the red headed female a lazy quirk of a smile. "I can't help it, it calls to me every single day." Being a vampire. blood was something that he was drawn to by nature. It titillated his vampiric side, made his mouth grow dry a bit as the thirst began to grow. It wasn't like he was out of control, far from it, but it has been a while, his last experiment leaving him drained and weak. If anything, he was strong as a tough human bully, not the young, growing, vampire he was supposed to be. Ugh.

Distracting himself with the well, he gazed longingly at the fake magical comfort he'd latched onto since arriving. If there was any real magic about it, it would probably be to have poor souls throw money in it, stupidly wishing for something that won't change if he didn't do anything about it. "It's both a curse and a blessing, really." He offered, trying his hand on some small talk, even if the small talk took a bit of a detour to his feelings. Talk about a total woman, Abner felt like punching himself in the face if it meant he could stop being such an emo. "I've tossed coin after coin in this thing almost everyday, ranging from twenty-five cents to dollar coins. I even threw several dollar coins inside in day. It comforts me and hurts me. I can't tell if I have some weird fetish for wells, or I'm just too sappy."

The vampire felt a pain in his chest, pulsing down into his hands, his right hand specifically, as his mind slowly began to veer to the left of the past, present, and no doubt future his life now held. It was sad, but Abner wasn't about to start losing himself in his misery. Like an Alzheimer's victim, he mechanically went to his bag to fish out a new coin, a quarter this time, and flipped it into the well, sighing softly in relaxation when he leaned back again. "I'm an idiot for doing so. I know it's a scam, all wells are, but I can't help it." With a shake of his head, his messy blonde strands brushing against his face, he looked to Jacqueline, wanting to change the subject before he made it all about himself and sounded like a total attention seeking whore.

"What's happening with you though? I see you bit your lip, can smell the faint traces of your blood so you must've had a reason to bite it hard enough to bleed." For the most part, the female had his full attention. But there was always that off chance that as she started to get into it, if she did decide to talk about it, that he'd start to drift off a bit and no doubt miss bits and pieces, or small details that probably wouldn't make too much of a difference unless she was those types that wants you to repeat everything word for word.

location: The Wishing Well ᒧ ᒥ company: Jacqueline ᒧ ᒥ thoughts: The crow she's always with, or its always with her, seems a bit ruffled. ᒧ

ooc: Ugh, sorry I took a bit and it being poop. I was going to do it in the morning but I woke up late and was out all day. ᒧ

chloe_bird

Alien Explorer

User ImageUser Image
L O C A T I O N : Main Gate
W I T H : Savannah, Misha?
OOC: It's a little short, but it's such a simple interaction that I didn't want it to become long-winded. I hope that it's fine. I'm so sorry that it took so long.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

Pandora hovered above the mess of pink locks bouncing below her, attached to a face that could share only beams of sunshine. For a few strategically timed seconds, she allowed herself to linger in the radiance that did not belong to her. She felt the hard edges of the broken lipstick container grind against her palm, and the wasted oily cosmetic squished eerily through her fingers. How disgusting. She pulled a tiny black handkerchief from her purse and cleaned her hands quickly while Savannah was distracted with speaking with her friend. In the fraction of a second that it took for Savannah to turn to lift the luggage, Dora had stuffed the evidence of her mistake back into her purse and stood poised and docile once again. In her struggle to conceal her impropriety, she had missed the content of Savannah's words, and was now very surprised as the woman began to gather Dora's various belongings.

Dora's mouth open and shut like that of a fish as she frantically attempted to string together the sentence that would prevent this situation from progressing. She suddenly didn't know what to do with her hands. Each time she looked towards her instructor's face, hopefully conveying the concern that she couldn't verbally express, she felt more lost. She tried to take a subtle twirl to see if any of the other students had had this much assistance. No, it appeared that they did not. She looked back towards the pink calamity and bit her lip. She had lost. She knew that she couldn't refuse this woman--this woman who had remembered her name. She felt awkward and filled with unease, but she comforted herself with the thought that she always felt awkward and uneasy. She bent down to claim the bag that Savannah had not yet hoisted off of the ground.

"Thank you," she said softly. "You're very kind."

As she lifted the container of precariously placed shoes, she looked down at Savannah and helplessly offered a tiny smile.

"They're shoes," she said suddenly. "I make my own clothes, but I collect shoes. I narrowed it down to thirty-eight pairs, but..." She trailed off, immediately self-conscious.

"Was that too much?" She asked quickly.

Dora's head rotated slightly to the side and her dusty-pink hair cascaded over one shoulder. The soreness in her toes summoned an unfortunate epiphany, and she frowned. The girls' dorms were a disgustingly far distance from their current location. One extremely pleasant luxury offered by the academy was the provision of individual student sleeping quarters. If she was not given the opportunity to board with Cia, she imagined that she would be quite miserable with a roommate. However, she found herself lingering in her room very infrequently, which surprised her. She had expected herself to find the idea of hiding alone in her room all day alluring, but it actually invoked restlessness within her. Instead, she would spend only the time necessary to sleep, bathe, and prepare herself in the morning within those four walls. She gravitated towards Cia's room, cleaning the frantic space almost daily and sewing and designing clothes. She would cook their meals from scratch and bake desserts and snacks frequently. She suffered the strange realization that she enjoyed mothering people. What a bizarre sight she could give someone by offering to play homemaker for a day. She couldn't imagine anyone aspiring to earn her care, though. Besides, she enjoyed herself during her visits with Cia. Dora sighed at the distance between herself and the dormitories of infinite wistfulness. She looked back towards her teacher helplessly.

J O U R N A L tab N O T E S
                                                                                                          D A T E : Thursday, September 7th
                                                                                                          I hope that the icky smushed lipstick remnants on my handkerchief don't rub off on something else in my purse. I think I covered it properly, but maybe I should check again. It's always such a miserable experience attempting to wash things smeared with that stuff. I wonder if Ms. Martel noticed. She surprisingly remembered my name. I felt a little embarrassed, but I've been trying to get less flustered by as many things this year.

User Image

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
tab tab Only this and nothing more."

Sheliyah_chan

Quinsareth's Husband

Rampaging Sex Symbol

14,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
n e v e r DISCIPLED

SUKI THE FALLEN

Dominal

KingFanpire

Sheliyah_chan

PumpkinPhysics

'kiba of the fang1127"

chloe_bird

Kyoto NoLastName

F r o g i e XD

Nivakun_Rii

Lady Meara

Tenshi_Kenshin

Oltad

Vastraza

XIMNOKA

MiiSS HACHiiKO

x b l i n g b l i n g

Its time skip time.
It is now 2:30

To make it easy, everyone will be in the auditorium for the welcoming ceremony.
Speeches will be said, but afterwards a welcoming back party shall be held in the cafeteria.
Students will enjoy a variety of food, many parts of the school will be open.
Student lounges, the music rooms, gym, pool, and other areas student may want to hang out in.

Guardians don't have any set duties during this time.
But, that doesn't mean they won't be keeping an eye on students alongside the staff.

So, woo.
Lets move on.

{[ also the diet is sorry for anyone she might of held up. work is chaotic for her. she is putting her two weeks though. cause too much BS. this also means she is job searching atm. ]}

Kadorix's Secret Admirer

Playful Wife

User Image
Axlxdxexrxixnxx Nxixkxoxlxaxixx Pxexmxbxexrxtxoxnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMy mother used to tell me that time heals all wounds, but she never told me about the scars.

ῳサ∑Я∑ ∂ⅰ∂ ⅰ б◊ ῳЯ◊иб؟

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx↺ || . . . ïx x lx øxx τxx αxx ƒx ɾx ïx εxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ร ๏ ๓ є ฬ ђ є г є along in the bxixtxtxexrxnxexsxs

↱αи∂ ι ωσυℓ∂ нανє ѕтαує∂ ↗u↑p↖ ωιтн уσυ αℓℓ иιgнт ↵

《 Hxaxdxx Ixx kxnxoxwxn 》x
x xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxhxoxwxx txoxx sxaxvxexx axx lxixfxe

It was time. Alderin peered out at the students funneling into the auditorium, trying to look at each and every face. Most of them didn't want to be here. He didn't want to be here. There were much more productive things to be done with his life besides making public speeches; he could be making a new spell, perhaps, or familiarizing himself with the new freshman, to determine who, at the end of the year, because a guardian. Even tending to the school's multiple gardens sounded better than this. He was expected to make some sort of speech this year, though he really didn't want to. He had spent the good part of his morning trying to come up with something appropriate, but nothing came to mind. Savannah was the speech-giver, the motivator. Alderin was the protector. The Guardian. He preferred to observe, to listen, not this social interaction stuff. Sighing heavily, he looked around to find his teachers. They were everywhere, making sure students got to their seats, making sure that everyone was behaving. The guardians, though nothing was requested of them, were probably still on the lookout as well. 'Ever diligent, my staff and students.' He thought to himself with a smile.

A meow distracted the headmaster from his thoughts. Glancing down, Alderin smiled at his feline companion. "Jasper, my friend! You were supposed to go back to the apartments. Shoo~" He told the cat, trying to wave him away. Jasper just gave Alderin a glare. The sorcerer huffed. "It wasn't a suggestion, Jasper." The cat proceeded to sit down where he had been standing. Rolling his eyes, Alderin picked him up. The cat settled into his master's arms, his tail flicking idly back and forth. It was time to get this show started. Walking out onto the stage, Alderin approached the podium. He looked around briefly as students continued getting settled to make sure he knew where Savannah was. She was most likely going to say something once Alderin said his "welcome" speech, as the man knew she would be less than pleased with his unprepared piece of crap. Taking a deep breath, he sat Jasper down on the podium and looked out as the student body began settling down.

"Welcome!" Alderin said, putting on a handsome smile. "It's absolutely splendid to see you all here alive and well. For those of you that are new, I welcome you to St. Angeline's Academy. It is the beginning of a new chapter in your life, and may you find every experience here" he paused, lifting up his hands and wiggling his fingers, "fufilling." Small sparks of light flickered from his fingers. "To all of the returning students, I say Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your break from classes and the time spent with your families." Alderin paused, looking at Jasper. The cat looked back at him, and Alderin nodded. "I know I'm supposed to say something inspiring and energizing to get you all pumped up for the school year, but I'm really not all that great with speeches, nor do I particularly like giving them, and we all know that no amount of my 'pep talking' will ever make you excited. So I'm just going to leave you with this: try not to kill anyone." Alderin wiggled his fingers again, light magic emitting from them like glitter. "I'll give the microphone to Savannah Martel, who has much better people skills than I." Meeting Savannah, who was walking towards him, he graciously handed her the microphone. "After you."

Jasper looked out at the student body for a moment, his ears angled towards them intently, before hopping off the podium. "Jasper, come along." He said softly to his cat, gesturing towards the seats. Jasper lifted his nose up in the air, making a point of ignoring everything Alderin said. The headmaster's eye twitched, and he followed after his cat, watching in slight annoyance as his friend didn't stop at an available seat, but continued walking. Instead of sitting, as was his original intention, Alderin continued walking as well and leaned against the back wall so that he could keep an eye on his students. Jasper was making the rounds silently and unseen. Nothing would slip past the two of them. Alderin scanned the auras of the students, using a quick flick of his wrist to bend the light that was coming towards him, making him almost invisible. If one looked hard enough, they'd know he was there, but Alderin was curious as to what the students would think if they thought he had just, well, left.

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - «
___x___ 0[/white]I0 c a n' t0hold0 b a c k

T h o u g h . . . __0_{ you know } I wish I COULD
Though , __ { you know? }
I wish I COULD __0__
Though , { you know } _0_0_0_0__0_0_0_0__. . . I 0w i s h0 I0 c o u l d.

B u t0 t h e r e0 a i n' t 0n o 0r e s t 0f o r 0t h e 0 w i c k e d. _0_ ___x___

» - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >
talk #151B7E think #151B54

Of all the things his brother had failed to prepare him for, this had to be the absolute worst. Gabe didn't even bother trying to hide how incredibly bored he was. By the time Alderin had reached the stage, he was already slumped down into his seat. His hands were buried into the pockets of the hoodie he'd changed into when he reached his room. The hood was up over his head, hiding his bright red hair. Somewhere on his walk from the entrance gate to his dorm room, he'd had the presence of mind to think that maybe he shouldn't let Hayden notice him just yet. He wasn't sure it was a good idea for Hayden to see him at all. Hell, the entire thing was just a bad idea.

His jaw worked a wad of gum at the back of his mouth. Alderin was talking by this point, but the hunter wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. His eyes were roaming around the auditorium in an expression that couldn't be read as anything but anxious. Though he would have died before he admitted it, being surrounded by so many different....creatures, was unnerving. Alderin was doing some magic to accompany his speech, his fingers sparkling with some sort of light. It made Gabe shift uncomfortably in his seat. What type of school was he in that this was commomplace?

No, he knew what kind of place this was. This was where he'd sent Hayden, hoping that he'd get some sense of control over his killing instincts. Was it a long shot? Of course. Did he think it would work? Well, he'd certainly hoped it would. He just hadn't intended to come here himself. He didn't belong here. His abnormalities aside, he was still human. He was still normal.

He shifted in his seat again, legs sprawling in the space between his seat and the one in front of him, then drawing up again. Bright green eyes shifted back and forth again. There were hundreds of students here, maybe even thousands, and from what he could tell they were almost all inhuman. It was making his stomach twist. Alderin had left the stage and was walking to the back of the auditorium. Fine, if he wasn't staying then Gabe wasn't going to either.

The hunter pitched his weight forward, bracing his legs to hold his weight as he rose to his feet. His posture was stiff, but not straightened, though the movement caused the hood to fall off his head. He'd sat towards the front, which had been a terrible decision. That had perhaps been the main reason he'd felt so antsy. There had been far too many people sitting behind him. He didn't like people being where he couldn't see them. He began to walk straight to the back of the auditorium, where he'd have to pass the headmaster in order to reach the exit. Anyone who looked directly at him as he passed got a hard stare in return.

Gabe is--
                              In : the auditorium
                              With : everyone?
                              Doing : leaving
                              Thinking : nopenopenope

OOC (this is short and crappy)
                              Dietary Supplement

Intergalactic Kitten

14,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
User Image

From the forests and highlands
                                We come, we come;
                                From the river-girt islands,
                                Where loud waves are dumb
                                Listening my sweet pipings.

[ Aos Sí ] [ Seventeen ] [ Junior ]

tab tab Starting a school year was always a little disconcerting, and it was something the young fae was quite sure she would never get used to. There was always this underlying sense of madness, of people rushing around trying to get settled in, trying to get in the last few moments of freedom before being weighed down for the next several months by heap after heap of work. It did not help that the journey to the private academy was never nice; the human means of public transportation just did not agree with her. It was made worse even more so that she had not been able to travel with her dearest friend. Ciaran's parents had needed her to stay at home a little longer this time. The intricate and lifelong training she was required to undergo had begun just the other year. Normally someone of her brief existence would not even have been considered to start in taking on heavy responsibilities, but waiting for her to come of age was looking to far away for her parents.

tab tab The rather hectic experiences for the past couple of years guided Ciaran into heading straight for the nearest person-in-charge and having her letter looked over as was custom. It happened so quickly and Ciaran had immediately left to go on her way that she doubted anyone would remember seeing her there. Despite her attempts, she had caught no glimpse of her dear pink-haired friend, although she had gotten a little confused upon seeing other heads of similar colouring. It was another thing she chalk up as a bad mark against the school. Separation between her and Pandora was all too easy. She sighed, making her way to her room with every intention of sorting her things out. When had she become so negative? It was not usually like her to be trying to blacken her outlook of the school. Ciaran decided to blame it on the lingering affects of the trip getting there. The ride had been bumpier and longer than she remembered.

tab tab By the time she reached her room, the sound for the opening ceremony had already gone. Cursing old words under her breath, while simultaneously praying for forgiveness from the Mother, Ciaran dumped her bags by her bed. Sorting her stuff out could come later. She dashed back to the door, pausing only for a moment to make sure she did not look too travel-weary before exiting the dorm in a mad rush. The halls were already mostly empty, with only a few stragglers mooching behind the rest. The sound of the headmaster's steady voice was already echoing through the auditorium by the time she reached it. Biting back a groan, Ciaran forcibly composed herself and, with a deep breath, stepped into the building as quickly and quietly as possible.

tab tab Against the embarrassment already building up inside her, she paused near the doorway, unsure of where to go next. Subtly the green haired fae snuck into a nearby corner and perched at the edge of a chair, trying hard to ignore some curious stares she could feel being thrown her way. To distract herself, she craned her neck slightly and tried to look over the crowd of people before her. Disregarding her mounting discomfort, it was sometimes tedious sitting through assemblies like this and there was no way she was going to do it without Pandora. Dammit, she missed her friend! A part of her mentally laughed. And some people thought Pandora was the clingy one...

tab tab The headmaster finished his speech and stepped down from the podium. Ciaran had been listening somewhat as he had spoken, and was not surprised at the rather impromptu words he gave. His parting words had her raising her eyebrows in slight disbelief. That was almost asking the students to try to cause trouble. She sighed, eyes dropping down to her hands, clenched in her lap as they were. She could not wait for this to be over. If the absence of her friend was not enough, the call of the outdoors was already singing to her. Mentally she prayed that Madam Savannah would not do anything long-winded.

[ Auditorium ] [ Everyone~ ] [ Very embarrassed, somewhat lonely ]

I sang of the dancing stars,
                                I sang of the daedal Earth,
                                And of Heaven, and the giant wars,
                                And Love, and Death, and Birth.

Supreme Unicorn

6,925 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Watching me, wanting me. I can feel you pull me down.

▶ ▷ Auditorium ▶ ▷ Alone ▶ ▷ Restless ▶ ▷ Wearing...

Jacqueline's mood had hit its low for the day. She was irritable, unable to push out of her mind the sting of Keisuke storming off like he did after she'd fed from his fire. To make matters worse, she'd brushed off Abner's question about her bleeding lip with some completely weak and transparent excuse. She didn't think he'd pry any further, but goodness knows she was unsure of if she truly didn't want him to. After all, it was only the first day back, and Jackie was already realizing just how hard this year would be for her. It would be nice to have at least one person with whom she could be completely honest, considering the only person who knew her struggles apparently had no interest in trying to make a real friendship work.

Jackie sighed heavily, running a jittery hand back through her hair. Her toes were tapping against the floor in rapid succession; she was clearly ready to get back to her room and unpack - alone. At this point, she'd completely drowned out the headmaster's speech. She'd already experienced three years of his ill-prepared, hasty words prior to this, so she was positive she wasn't missing anything important. Although, she would most likely do well to tune back in once Miss Savannah took over the microphone. After all, she might have something more useful to contribute to the welcome back speech than "try not to kill each other". Jackie had heard that much from the headmaster, and had to admit, despite her current mood, the words made her smile slightly.

Jackie glanced over and reached into her backpack on the seat beside her, pulling out a small paperback book with a rather racy title. Her smile widened slightly as she pulled her legs up in front of her, hiding the book behind them as she started reading. Granted, she wasn't embarrassed about the contents of said book - if anyone ever asked about the things she read, she was always honest with them. After all, there was nothing wrong with a little well-written smut every now and again, right? But knowing the entire school - including teachers and guardians - were sharing the same space as her at the moment, she figured it'd be best not to make herself too obvious. After all, she was sure she'd get at least a stern lecture about ignoring speeches in favor of reading if she got caught - especially with her choice in literature. But Jackie began to care less and less as she started flipping pages, her anxiety and irritation melting away as she began to get sucked into her own little world, just waiting for the assembly to be over so she could have some time to herself. Or, even better, so she could go find someone in a good enough mood to possibly rub off on her.

Fearing you, loving you. I won't let you pull me down...

OOC:: ugh. Crap post is crap. x(

Quinsareth's Husband

Rampaging Sex Symbol

14,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
      User Image

_H a y d e n00L e e00E i s e n b e r g
          0sᴇx, ᴅʀᴜɢs, ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ00sᴇx, ᴅʀᴜɢs, ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ00sᴇx, ᴅʀᴜɢs, ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ0

User Image

auditorium that damned hunterxx pissed/lusty/emotionally confused

If there was one thing he wouldn't miss about the first day of school. It was the god damned welcoming ceremony. It was just some boring speeches, telling new students what was to be expected, warning the new guardians to be wary and ready for a hard year of training. They would try to get all close to the students. It was a big fat lie, the staff chose favorites. He was not on the list for many, if any teachers. After all, he slacked off, hit on students, skipped class, and answered questions in pure sarcasm. It was a wonder how he even passed his classes. What he lacked in classroom effort and homework, he made up in high test scores. Showing that somewhere he had a brain, he just didn't use it very often.

For this reason, he was enjoying the time he was taking to walk to the auditorium. Currently alone, smoking another cigarette, and facing down the ever grower building that loomed in front of him. A few staff members were walking around, making sure students were getting there. He couldn't dodge being found, but he wouldn't rush to get a good seat. The incubus scoffed a bit as one of the staff members walked up to him.

"Mr. Eisenberg why am I not surprised to see you taking your time?"

"Ain't it obvious. I am. I don't want to be trapped in a stuffy room where they make the same lame a** speech they did last year," he said with a rather bored tone. The teacher sighed and shook his head. "Oh, wait. You didn't like that answer. Rather you would want me to run there and be like 'oh s**t, s**t I'm late, I'm late," that ain't gunna happen ol' geezer," Hayden mocked and flicked the cigarette butt into a nearby trashcan.

"Just get to the meeting Hayden," the man said and stared down the incubus.

"Whats the magic word?" he asked with a small pout.

"Get your a** to the auditorium Hayden, or I will make sure you have detention on your first day back."

"Well geez, don't gotta be grumpy about it. I'm going, I'm going," he waved his hand and crossed the courtyard to the auditorium. Slipping in with a few other late arrivals. Hearing only the end of Alderin's speech before he stepped up to let someone else take over. No surprise there. Glancing for an empty seat near the back, Hayden stopped a moment. His eyes landing on a boy who was keeping his hood up.

That couldn't be. But, that smell was undeniable. He was here. Why! Why would the school let a trained hunter on the grounds. His eyes hardened a bit. Stepping into the aisle and clearing his throat as he stood next to him.

"And look what the cat dragged in," he didn't give Gabriel time to answer, rather when the red head turned to face him, Hayden was quick to knock him right in the jaw. "What the hell are you doing here? Thinking I can't keep it together still? First you send me to this hellhole, and now you gotta watch me?" Hayden scoffed. Hardly caring for the audience that was watching him and Gabriel now.

"But, my question is. How you could of gotten your a** in here in the first place. I would think it would break treaties with some of the creatures in this room."

Hayden's hands stayed in tight fists as he glared at the red head. He didn't want anything to do with Gabriel. Being around the hunter only made him confused. He hated the feelings he had for the human he had just punched. It was why he went back to lashing out, thinking it would just get him away from Gabriel. It had worked, this school at least gave him a chance to be away from him. Though that peace was just shattered and Hayden was not happy about it at all.

"Oh and totally sorry for the punch. I was aiming to break your nose. Next time though, right?"

Sheliyah_chan

Lonely Lunatic

User Image

User Image

Well, if he wasn't feeling great before, he sure isn't now. All the students, tightly packed inside this stuffy auditorium. The room itself was certainly large enough to accommodate them all. It was one of the largest rooms and a part of the biggest building on campus. The newly laminated limestone floors and hand cut pillars stand as a testament to the majesty and craftsmanship of the old structure. It was similar to all of the builds on the campus. All of them shared a fine old world architecture. To some, they stood as a reminder of this schools ever standing vigilance to those who occupy it. Which is fine and all, Fredrik mostly though it looked nice. You don't have to be a big fan of architecture to know quality when you see it. But as the years passed the magic of it's beauty has faded substantially. It's still nice and all, but after all the trouble that has happened inside of it, your opinion tends to change a bit. Though one thing that hasn't changed was his dislike of the humming of the mercury-vapor lights that lit this massive room. They created a silky silver light the lit the room wonderfully, but after some age they tend to get this high pitch ringing that can really erode the nerves with enough exposure. Fredrik already didn't like high pitch noises, so this always caught his attention.

He was doing his best to ignore it by focusing on his job at the moment, which was to make sure every student was seated in their proper place and all were accounted for. Or at least most of them. The room's layout consisted of a main aisle that ran down the middle of the room with two parallel smaller aisles that led straight to the stage surrounded by a massive second level U-shaped balcony that spread across the room and housed nearly doubled the number of seats the main floor did. Most of the first year students were seated on the main floor as the seats there face directly at the stage where as, depending on where you sat in the U, you have to look at an angle. On both sides of the main aisle were several rows of seats with two three doors on both sides. Two of these doors where side entrances/exits and one of them led to a staircase that wound around back, leading to the upper seats. An unusual layout but a more efficient one as it was able to accommodate much more people.

Fredrik was currently perched up on the second floor, keeping an eye on the students around and below him. Which was pretty boring to be honest. He already felt iffy today because of all the new blood in the school. To make it better he had fallen into a light snooze up on the roof earlier, which to him was one: very unprofessional and two: a generally bad idea. Not that the fall would have killed him, but still. He's normally a lot better about keeping himself up and alert but all the paperwork he's been getting as of late has left him pretty stressed out. With all the new students pouring in, he has to construct his lesson plan around what species they are so that he can help them learn more about what they are and the history of their species. Well, what with such a diverse student population and the occasional unique specimen, the task of compiling all their personal files and working to get all the material for them set up can be quite the workload. You could see it on his face too. It was a combined expression of "Lets get a move on" and "I've got s**t to do." He always felt like he didn't really need to be there. The time could be spent a lot better getting more of his work done. He's heard the speeches hundreds of times before, each one being slightly different but the message was always the same; "Welcome to St. Angelines, we welcome you, don't die, here's Savannah." Why that man couldn't do his own speeches was beyond Fredrik. He's been dong them for so long, you'd think he would have nailed it by now. People should have seen it before he had Savannah write all the good stuff. It was rough, and Fredrik was always there to give him the always wonderful slow-clap of infinite respect and sarcasm. Fredrik had to guess the rest of the staff felt this way too, at least some of them. Savannah was always eager to greet the student with a light-hearten cheerfulness rarely seen on someone her age. God knows how some of the other staff members were feeling, mulling around to keep the student in seats and in check. It'd certainly be interesting to hear them all, depending on who is working with who. Which, now that Fredrik thought about it, he still has to find Misha. He never got around to returning her jacket and at the moment had it tied around his waist for easy travel. It certainly didn't match his outfit as the colors clashed horribly, but the style of his waistline accessories were of little concern to him. He did at least make sure the stain was pointing away from him. No need to spread the contamination to his own apparel. Last he saw her, she was on the left side of the main floor, maybe? Don't quote him on that, he's been less intent on watching the staff.

Speaking of staff, Alderin had finally started his welcoming speech for the staff, which was just as plain and blunt as it's always been. The "try not to kill anyone" comment certainly was a treat. There always was a "don't die" or "Could you please not up and murder each other, thanks" jammed somewhere in there. Fredrik being the good, responsible teacher and friend he was, began a glorious slow-clap to once again, really drive home a job well done. "Amazing. Simply amazing. Not a years has gone by that that speech doesn't impress. Not a one." Fredrik said to himself as he finished clapping. He always did it just hard enough for Alderin to be able to hear it. If Fredrik didn't give him that boost of confidence, who would? Speaking of confidence, it came little surprise and average disappointment to see a couple of the students rise out of their seats to leave. It's impressive really, to see such young minds be so determined in their study or work to opt out of this welcome assembly in order to better themselves. They really must be some go-getters, trying to punch in early for an honest days work. Inspiring really. Especially bold for the red head, just making a deadline shot to the backstage exit, right near the headmaster. Because thats the best possible choice of action in this situation. But hey, let his funeral be his own. Oh and look, it's the president of his fan club! It didn't really come to any surprise to Fredrik that Hayden would ditch. If anything, he can be quite predictable. He's dealt with some many students like him that it's really just devolved to a childish game to Fredrik. They are technically children, but thats not much of an excuse.

However, things certainly perked up when Fredrik watched Hayden drop the other student in one good punch. It's not the first time the boy has gotten into fights. But really? In a full auditorium, with students, teachers, and an ongoing speech. At that point it doesn't matter if you don't care if people see, thats just stupidity and poor self-preservation. "God dammit boy! Are you really this dense?" Fredrik grumbled as he backed away from the railing he had been previously leaning on. Fredrik knew he would have to get involved. From where he had last had the teachers mapped out in his head, he'd be able to get to them the fastest. Which was great really, it's not like he was trying to contain himself or anything. No, no, this is just wonderful. The Headmaster asks the student not to kill each other and the first response he gets other than some clapping is a fight breaking out immediately afterwards. What a delightful first message to send the new students and especially so for what they're all about to see happen. Fredrik took a few steps back and place his right foot against the middle of the edge of the seat behind him, the student occupying it spreading her legs apart in confusion with only an "Umm" in response. He gave himself a moment to really get his juices going again before pushing off the seat and jumping on and off of the railing and into the air, waist jacket fluttering in the breeze. "Guard!" Fredrik yelled midair, stretching his arms out at ten and two positions, his hand opening into a claw like manner. Void energy flowed throughout him, turning his hand into a blurry vibrating extension of what was once his complete arm. The energies flowed outward and around the student closest to the fight, projecting an invisible magic-proof barrier around them, should the fight happen to get messy. He didn't need to yell "guard" to this, but given his fatigued state right now, a little battle cry helps. Before he had even began to fall, his skin turned a deafening black as he was consumed by the Void's starved energies. His form began to distort and morphing into some dark entity that appeared less and less human by the second. At the same time a phantasm of what he soon will be and what he once was were cast out before and ahead of him, both seeming almost 2 dimensional and locked in an eternal conflict to remain on the existential plane. Fredrik them propelled himself at great speed towards the conflict. Given the Void's lack of respect for gravity, he didn't even fall through the trip. Just a straight shot of phantasmagorical horror not seen near a stage in many years. The new kids certainly seems to be having fun, surely.

It took little over a second for him to reach Hayden and Gabriel and the first one to arrive on scene was the phantasm leading the train. It's opaque arms extended out, one hand gripping Hayden's hair and the other reaching for Gabriel. In about half a second the shadow monger caught up to the first phantasm, consuming it in it's entirety, followed by the trailing phantasm that promptly submitted itself unto the shadows and was absorbed as well. The shadows were reclaimed by flesh and bone as Fredrik's form over took the material plane once more, but this would not last. Before letting Hayden or Gabriel a chance to react he reached down and grabbed Gabriel's hair whilst still having a firm grip on Hayden's using a turning, twisting motion to properly direct his next move and pull Hayden down at the same time. The great thing about these boys is they both grow their hair out which can easily be used against them. Besides, if they're going act like children, then daddy's gonna treat them like one. "Fυcking children." Fredrik spat out as his body submitted itself once again to the being of hollow. This time was interesting as now both Hayden's and Gabriel's forms began to bleed out into the hollow phantasm arms, suspended into the Void's limbo. When Fredrik takes other being into his Void Walk they act not as separate entities being dragged along, as the sheer force of being dragged that fast would kill them, but instead joined in bound suspension, becoming an extension of himself and thereby carried and protected by the same forces that consume him. It's sort of like carrying someone on your back instead of dragging them by the ankle, only they're suspended from reality during the ride. Quite the experience for newcomers. Once the shadows had taken him once more, Fredrik launched him and the two boys through the backstage exit and into the backstage hallway that leads to the dressing, storage, and prop rooms. Once they were through the door, the phantasms receded from the two boys and return to the fading shadow monger. Immediately the boys were out of suspension and free to react as they see fit, though with that kind of exposure to the Void, if they weren't really nauseous before, they were now. Fredrik released his grip of the two boy's hair, backed to the wall and turned to face both of them. "Are you out of your goddamn mind?" He yelled at Hayden having been the one who started the fight. He didn't care what the reason was, unless Gabriel had been an immediate threat to his or someone else's being, this was not going to stand. He didn't know what Gabriel's role in all this was, but so far he was the innocent party. Or at least the less guilty party at the moment. "What the hell were thinking? In front of everyone! Really? Do you really have so little impulse control that you couldn't stay your hand? Because if not, that just fυcking sad." Fredrik barked at Hayden with a hint of old world English. He really shouldn't be addressing a student so bluntly, but after dealing with all the bullshit this boy has produced over they years, he really doesn't care. He's old enough to know better and especially to not do...this. Though there was enough wall between them that the rest wouldn't hear. Not that it would take long for the cavalry to arrive after the little spectacle that just went down. Fredrik quickly turned to address the freshly punched student and bent over slightly to get a better look at him. "You alright son?" It's the least he could say after a sucker punch like that, though he didn't look too banged up.

█████████████████████████████████████████████▐▐█ «Company: Hayden and Gabriel»-«Mood: Pissed and tired.»-«Location: Backstage Hallway»-«OOC: Fun time.»

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - «
___x___ 0[/white]I0 c a n' t0hold0 b a c k

T h o u g h . . . __0_{ you know } I wish I COULD
Though , __ { you know? }
I wish I COULD __0__
Though , { you know } _0_0_0_0__0_0_0_0__. . . I 0w i s h0 I0 c o u l d.

B u t0 t h e r e0 a i n' t 0n o 0r e s t 0f o r 0t h e 0 w i c k e d. _0_ ___x___

» - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >
talk #151B7E think #151B54

Gabriel had expected to see Hayden. He'd even expected Hayden to be angry, to immediately unleash all that violence that had probably been pent up since he'd started going to the school. Since Gabe had started keeping a close eye on him, breathing down his neck to make sure that he didn't step out of line. Part of him had thought that maybe Hayden had continued toying with people's lives, or whatever it is that he'd done before the hunter had found him. He'd even expected for Hayden's hand to curl at his side just before he raised it.

What he hadn't expected was to feel his body freeze in response. Even when the hit landed and his body staggered in response, his jaw blooming with the heated promise of a bruise, and Hayden ranting at him angrily - he still couldn't respond. It hadn't been very long since he'd seen Hayden, not long enough for him to miss the boy. (And he had admitted to himself long ago that he actually would miss that a*****e when he was gone at school.) Still, he hadn't seen him since his brother had told him that Gabe should attend the school. He'd made sure to avoid Hayden since he'd found out. It wasn't as if he couldn't keep a secret. He just didn't want to.

"But, my question is. How you could of gotten your a** in here in the first place. "

At Hayden's comment, Gabe finally moved. He wiped at his jaw with the back of his hand, almost surprised to feel that the skin hadn't split. If anyone else had hit him, he would have had his hand around their throat in a second. Or smashed a chair over their head. In fact, he'd had similar responses to Hayden in the past. Things between them had started off pretty rocky. It was a wonder that they were both still alive.

He had to muster his most flirty smile before he responded, managing to sound a bit amused (though he was anything but). "What? You're saying you don't miss me when you're here?"

He had decided to ignore the previous comment about the creatures in the room. If he thought about them too hard, he would end up staring at them warily. Admitting to himself that he had some weird feelings for Hayden was one thing - but showing Hayden his weaknesses was something else entirely. As far as the hunter was concerned, he had no weaknesses.

"-I was aiming to break your nose. Next time though right?"

Gabe gave a sincere grin at the possibility. "Oh? Not now?"

He was about to taunt the incubus further when he spotted movement out of the corner of his eye. It had to be a mistake. There couldn't be some sort of specter headed straight for them. But then Hayden was grabbed by something. The hunter's fight or flight response kicked in, but he only had time to take one step backwards before he was grabbed by the hair and jerked into some other plane.

Gabe had been a thrill-seeker for as long as he could remember. Put him on a roller coaster or toss him out off the side of a bridge on a bungee and he was the happiest guy in the universe. This, however, was different.

This was....unnatural.

Looking down at himself, even his body didn't seem like itself anymore. It didn't seem that it was his body. Maybe it was because his head was spinning. He closed his eyes for a moment, and when he felt the movement and swirling still he opened them again. There was a man standing there now, where the specter had been before. (Or had there been two specters?) Someone was being yelled at, and when he blinked at the sharpening image of the man before him, he realized it was Hayden who was being lectured.

His mind pieced together that this must be a teacher, especially since he seemed to know Hayden. When he raised a hand to run through his hair, he realized he was twitching in a nervous sort of way. Part of him felt like he could lose his breakfast, and not from the movement of their travel, but from the realization that they'd just been yanked from one part of the auditorium to somewhere backstage. The back of his throat burned slightly, and a cold feeling twisted in his stomach.

His nostrils flared slightly in response to the teacher addressing him with the term "son". That wasn't his place. Who the ******** did he think he was using that word with him?! He blinked and realized he had narrowed his eyes in distaste, though he quickly smoothed away the expression and raked his fingertips through his hair before he lit his hand flop back at his side.

"Oh, I'm fine. But you shouldn't poke the angry incubus. I've already riled him up just being here." He gave Hayden a pointed glance and, realizing now that said incubus was likely to launch himself at Gabe in revenge for their situation - he straightened himself to his full height and took two wary steps along the wall to distance himself.

It may have been close to a decade since he'd attended a real school, but Gabe knew what was coming next. He'd been in fights with the other hunters before. Nothing serious, but just a scuffle over someone's pride being wounded or - more often than not - one of the others being an idiot and nearly getting him killed. There was little room for errors in their work, and the redhead never appreciated someone failing to watch his back properly. After the scuffles, though, his brother had always given him the same look. Like he expected an explanation, and maybe even an apology for the broken furniture or windows.

Hell if Gabe was going to apologize to this guy. Half of him wanted to say so. The other half was warning him to be polite, to behave so that he wasn't sent home his first day. If anything would send Jon on an immediate hunt to kill Hayden, that would be it. So he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall.

"So, what now? You sending us to detention, or are you going to yell some sense into him? 'Cause he could sure use it." He gave the teacher a knowing smirk. Stolt might have chosen his words a little better in addressing Gabe, but the young hunter wasn't about to write him off just yet. So long as he seemed like a reasonable guy, Gabe wasn't going to pick any fights with him. Even if he had just dragged him by the hair through some hell portal.

Gabe is--
                              In : backstage auditorium
                              With : Hayden and mystery teacher (Stolt)
                              Doing : recovering from that ride
                              Feeling : a little miffed, sore on his jaw

OOC (I'm gonna apologize one last time for making you guys wait... ><' )
                              Dietary Supplement

Oltad

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User ImageUser Image
                                                            auditorium﹚ ﹙everyone?﹚ ﹙giving a speech﹚ ﹙wearing﹚ ﹙a fight already?
                                                                talk C031C7 think 8467D7 skip ◦ ☆ ◦
                                                                Savannah knew the direction this was going in long before Alderin started wiggling his fingers and making little sparkles that were likely to only impress some of the new students. If she hadn't been seated on the front row, she would have covered her face with her hand - but she couldn't chance any of the students seeing her frustration. It was the same every year. Alderin's speech started out sounding promising enough, all optimism and friendly welcomes, and then he seemed to run out of steam and motivation about halfway through.

"..try not to kill anyone." By this point of the speech, Savannah was anxiously pinching the hem of her dress. She was literally on the edge of her seat, posture much stiffer and straighter than normal. For a second she debated her timing, then she pulled herself from her seat and strode calmly to the small steps at the side of the stage. It wasn't half a minute later that Alderin was heading towards her, so she met him halfway and took the microphone. Her expression was already cheerful by the time she turned her expression to the mass of seated students, though at first she mostly just saw spots because of the bright stage lights that were pointed towards her position.

"Hello everyone! I'm Savannah. I teach a few different classes here, but the main one is something that we call Supernatural History. Those of you who are new here may be less familiar than others with the history of our school. But I'm sure that you all know about the tensions between people like us and those who are just plain old humans. Of course we don't like to dwell on bad things, but we also don't want to forget our past. St. Angelines is a place where we hope to leave our mistakes in the past and look to a brighter future. This isn't just about the teachers or your parents or other adults, of course. You're a big part of this too."

It'd been quite a few years since Savannah started helping Alderin with his speeches. The problem, however, was that Savannah wasn't a planner. Even her lesson plans for her class consisted of just a rough outline of what she wanted to cover. So writing a speech for Alderin wasn't possible. And while this particular speech she was giving was similar to the ones she'd made in the past, the wording was quite different. Savannah was good at thinking on her feet, good at staying polite and smiling through a tough situation; and she believed in St. Angelines, in her fellow teachers, and what their school stood for. The last thing she wanted was a repeat of the school's violent past.

So when she heard Gabriel and Hayden's confrontation and saw the blur of a fist being planted into a face, she couldn't help but flinch slightly and grip the microphone tighter. She paused in her speech, bright eyes darting across the crowd as she searched for Alderin, Stolt, Aribelle - someone who would step in and diffuse the situation. Thankfully, after just a moment she saw the all too familiar blur of Stolt using his Void - (No, it's definitely the Void. That's what he calls it.) to cross the auditorium. Another second later, and the trio were gone.

This whole time, Savannah had managed to not falter in her smile or posture. Once they were gone, however, she immediately picked back up in her speech.

"Well, we won't pretend that we sometimes have our setbacks. We're all capable of slipping up and making mistakes, but we try to keep each other in check here. As Mr. Pemberton touched on earlier, we do not tolerate fighting amongst the students. But I'm sure that you're all anxious to go about your business! Please help yourself to the food we have prepared in the cafeteria, and feel free to move about campus. Almost all of the buildings are open, except for the classrooms. So feel free to familiarize yourself with your surroundings and make some new friends!"

By this time, most students were beginning to stand up so Savannah simply reached down to the bottom of the microphone and switched it off. She spun carefully on her heels and made her way down off the stage. The door to the backstage area was just to her right, and she could hear Stolt's voice as he interrogated the two boys who had begun fighting. Part of her was very tempted to head inside and give him some back up - but the other part of her knew better than to think that Stolt actually needed help handling the situation. Stolt might not have the same approach with students that Savannah did, but he was arguably one of the best at diffusing violent situations.

For now, there were students to help. So she put the fight to the back of her mind and headed to one of the exits so that she could direct students who might need directions. She felt a vague hungry twist in her stomach. It'd been several long hours since breakfast and her fast metabolism was demanding something more than the granola bar she'd grabbed just before the welcoming speech. She pressed a palm against her stomach distractedly as if she could ward off the grumbling.

someone keep my 'vannah company!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff