Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
----------------Welcome to Akuba’s Riding School----------------

As you walk into the country area, you spot a small but nice stable, three big arenas, and a dirt path leading into the hills on ten acres of land.
There is a pasture in the back, large enough for five horses or seven ponies. The stable can hold ten horses, and there is a pony stable next to it big enough for five ponies. Each barn is painted a dull red with polished metal doors on each stall. Fresh bedding is set out with water and grain in the stalls.
Away from the stables and arenas is a small cottage with many beautiful flowers and trees surrounding it. Here is where you can get your job or speak with the manager.
Behind the cottage is emerald green grass wavering in the soft wind, a white wooden fence around a large part, where a huge Percheron dapple gray warhorse grazes silently under the warm sun, his light gray mane and tail blowing in the soft wind…

At this riding school, you can teach all forms of riding or learn how to ride. There is a small café next to the cottage where you can eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or just stop by for a snack. Above the café is an inn, and also the instructors/students’ rooms.
I am Akuba, and feel free to ask me any questions or give comments.

Open Stalls/Stables

Horse Stable:
Stall one: Gunba ~ Owner: Akuba ~ Dapple gray Percheron warhorse
Stall two:
Stall three:
Stall four:
Stall five:
Stall six:
Stall seven:
Stall eight:
Stall nine:
Stall ten:

Pony Stable:
Stall one: Buckwheat ~ Owner: Akuba ~ Buckskin
Stall two:
Stall three:
Stall four:
Stall five:

Horses for Instructors:
Spirit ~ Black Mustang, two years old, stallion *Note: Very advanced Western riders / Hunter/Jumper riders only* Stall eleven
Genny ~ Quarter Horse, five years old, mare *Trail horse* Stall twelve
Snaggletooth ~ Quarter Horse, five years old, gelding *Trail horse* & Hunter/Jumper Stall thirteen
Torque ~ Lipizzaner, twelve years old, gelding Advanced Dressage horse Stall fourteen
Jasmine ~ Palomino, six years old, mare Advanced Basic English horse Stall fifteen
Lieutenant ~ Clydesdale, ten years old, gelding Advanced in Horsemanship Stall sixteen

Rules
* You must keep your horse/pony in the stall at night
* You are allowed to take your horse/pony out of the stalls around noontime to graze in the pasture
* Do not take out your horse early in the morning/late at night, for every morning and evening they will be fed grain by the caretakers
* Do not sit in the stall when your horse is in it
* Do not yell in the stables
* No fighting in the stables, physical or verbal; please take it outside
* There is tack for the students, but if you are an instructor please bring your own

Student Stables

There is a stable big enough for five horses and three ponies behind the big covered arena. Here are the horses/ponies the students will use if they do not own a horse/pony for themselves. For the students that do have a horse/pony, there are five empty stalls.

The Student horses are:
Spots ~ Appaloosa, five years old, mare
Kit ~ Black Thoroughbred, seven years old, mare
John ~ Paint Tennessee Walking Horse, fifteen years old, gelding
Micah ~ Gray Arabian, six years old, gelding
Snoopy ~ Bay Quarter Horse, three years old, gelding
NOTE: John is a dressage horse, but he has one eye. Only high intermediate students will use him in dressage/horsemanship, both of which he is very advanced in.

The Student ponies are:
Sunny ~ Chestnut, ten years old, mare
Oprah ~ Dapple Gray, four years old, mare
Borche ~ Gray, three years old, gelding
NOTE: Borche is a new pony, who I just bought from an un-caring owner. He looks older than he is; his once-beautiful white coat is a heap of matted fur, his hooves need major cleaning, and he is very thin. High intermediate students will be riding him when he is back to health.
Because there are no dressage ponies, any student enrolled in the dressage course will use my buckskin pony, Buckwheat, unless they have a pony of their own. He is in the Pony Stables, stall number one. Please see Akuba before you take him out of his stall.

Student Stable Rules
~See Stable Rules~
* When you are finished with your lesson, be sure to clean your tack and put it in the right place

Courses

Western course:

In the Western course you will learn about each part of the tack and what the cowboys did in the West. Once you are used to the saddle and other tack, you will learn how to use a lasso first on the ground. Later you will learn how to do it on horseback, and with your instructor you will go into the pasture when you are quite good at it. Ten cattle graze in the far pasture, on the other side of the hills, where you will round them up and lasso them. Rounding cattle up is another part of this course. After a certain amount of time you will be given a test by me.

Dressage course:
In the dressage course you will learn the basics of dressage and learn about the Spanish Riding School. Dressage is my favorite riding form, and it takes a while to master. You must know how to trot, canter, and gallop, and if you don’t I suggest you take the Basic English course first. In dressage there is no jumping. You will learn to ride in intermediate/advanced fashion without using your reins and/or stirrups. A test will be given after a certain amount of time. Students that do well will be entered in a show if they wish.

Basic English course:
In this course you will master trotting, cantering, and possibly galloping. This is just basic things, and you will also spend time learning about the horse. A test will be given before you advance to Dressage, if you choose.

Hunter/Jumper course:
In the lower, open arena is where this course will take place, for that is where the jumps are. There are all kinds of jumps, from the two-foot high X-shaped jump to the seven-foot high jumps. There are also water jumps and others that you would find out on a trail. I will need to see your horse before you take this course if you have one. If not, you will be using one of my advanced hunter/jumper horses. A test, after a certain amount of time, will be given.

Trail Riding course:
This course is basically if you want to relax or have fun in the hills of the country. An instructor or I will take you out on the hills, where we can follow a trail or make our own. You learn about what is safe and what is not, and how to tell, plus the dangerous plants. No tests will be given for this course.

Horsemanship course:
The Horsemanship class will teach you to trust your horse, and signs that prove they are comfortable and trust you. You will learn about their flight instinct and their herd instinct. Your goal is to teach the horse that you are the herd leader, and once you think you have done that, come to me. I will test you on it, and then you may go on to Basic English if you are not comfortable with the gaits, or onto Dressage.
eek ninja Banned List! ninja eek

Thankfully, none have been banned…yet.
General Rules
Please, no Bumping
No godmodding
Keep it to PG-13
You will be banned if you use bombs, guns, and the such in the area
Do not harm anyone, physically or mentally
Don’t beg for gold
Keep the abbrevations minimal--Examples: plz, lol, omg, nvm....
NO SOLICITING/ADVERTISING!

I reserve the right to ban anyone who breaks one or more of these rules, unless I say otherwise.
((Okay, we're open!))

*sits on the front porch of her cottage, drawing a picture of her warhorse, Gunba, grazing in the field behind her*

*the warm breeze blows stray hairs from her hat, her skirt fanned out in a half circle behind her*
*covers a yawn and looks up, hoping to see someone approaching*

*sighes and looks down at her drawing pad, then continues the sketch*
*slowly sets her pencil down and takes off her hat, collecing the flyaway hairs*

*puts her hat back on as the breeze slows down and looks at her un-finished sketch, her golden gray eyes narrowed*
*rests her back against the top step on the porch and flips through her sketches slowly, looking at each one*

*she catches movement out of the corner of her eye, but it only happens to be a piece of swaying grass*

*goes back to the sketches, adding things here and there, the breeze still blowing slowly*
*Tucker comes up and sits next to her, and Akuba pets him, muttering* I knew this wouldn't be popular.....

*she sighes and puts her sketch book down so Tucker can climb onto her lap*
*she pickes up Tucker and her book, and heads inside the cottage*

((I'm gonna get going, not like anyone's here to care though....))
Name: Kitty
Race: Human
Horse: n/a

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out