Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
As I remember it, It began Toonami Midnight Run, went on to Rising Sun, and then went onto the evening programming block just known as Toonami.

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
I know - Toonami was originally on earlier - the Adult Swim Anime block was fine - why throw Toonami over it - it's not like they gave us any more Anime
Halo Master 05
you rambled a little bit, but overall it was pretty good. i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day. They should make it for 5 or 6 pm!

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05
you rambled a little bit, but overall it was pretty good. i agree that its stupid that they are putting it from 12 midnight until 6am that is like for people who have no life and stay up all night and sleep during the day. They should make it for 5 or 6 pm!
Toonami originally was a midnight run.
5 and 6pm was when Toonaminwas on the verge of cancellation. talk2hand

Toonami used to be from 4-7pm back when it used to air anime like Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ, and they were not on the verge of cancellation then.
crying I remember those shows! Rurouni Kenshin & Yu Yu Hakusho were the ones that made an anime fan out of me! I would kill to get those shows back on the air! *sighs* Toonami stole my anime virginity!

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Apocalipca
My thoughts on the revival of toonami.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_0HH8mJBs

Please rate or Comment on the video on Youtube as well.

And comment here as well.

Alright here's my comments... 1st of all I'm dissapointed in you for 1 thing... You didn't review or even mention the new shows "Deadman Wonderland" & "Cashern Sins" WHY THE F*** NOT!?!
2nd of all.. to you & every one else who complains about the time it airs.. *gnashes teeth* WTF!?! STU ALL!!!! Why do you *BLEEP*ING care!?! It's SATURDAY NIGHT FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! WHO THE F*** GOES TO BED EARLY ON SATURDAY NIGHT WHEN YOU KNOW THERE'S NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!?! Geez... what, you got a job when you have to work Sundays, or do you put on your goodie-two-shoes & your Sunday best & go to church in the morning!?! HAHAHA!!! Saturday nights are for staying up late & laying in bed all afternoon the next day! You can get to bed early on Sunday night & get up early Monday morning you pansy-@$$es... & if it throws off you sleep schdual so bad take sleeping pills on Sunday night & drink a strong cup of coffee on Monday morning... or a can of red-bull or some 5-hour energy!

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Mark Twain 100
MistressOfTheShadows
Apocalipca

Alright here's my comments... 1st of all I'm dissapointed in you for 1 thing... You didn't review or even mention the new shows "Deadman Wonderland" & "Cashern Sins" WHY THE F*** NOT!?!
2nd of all.. to you & every one else who complains about the time it airs.. *gnashes teeth* WTF!?! STU ALL!!!! Why do you *BLEEP*ING care!?! It's SATURDAY NIGHT FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! WHO THE F*** GOES TO BED EARLY ON SATURDAY NIGHT WHEN YOU KNOW THERE'S NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!?! Geez... what, you got a job when you have to work Sundays, or do you put on your goodie-two-shoes & your Sunday best & go to church in the morning!?! HAHAHA!!! Saturday nights are for staying up late & laying in bed all afternoon the next day! You can get to bed early on Sunday night & get up early Monday morning you pansy-@$$es... & if it throws off you sleep schdual so bad take sleeping pills on Sunday night & drink a strong cup of coffee on Monday morning... or a can of red-bull or some 5-hour energy!
My video was before the 26th, it was my opinion of what it would be.

Asylum v2's King

Perfect Conversationalist

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
MistressOfTheShadows
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

Toonami used to be from 4-7pm back when it used to air anime like Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ, and they were not on the verge of cancellation then.
crying I remember those shows! Rurouni Kenshin & Yu Yu Hakusho were the ones that made an anime fan out of me! I would kill to get those shows back on the air! *sighs* Toonami stole my anime virginity!

LOL! Toonami stole your anime virginity? isnt that a good thing? it stole mine and am damn happy it did mrgreen

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Halo Master 05
MistressOfTheShadows
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

LOL! Toonami stole your anime virginity? isnt that a good thing? it stole mine and am damn happy it did mrgreen
It is! those were tears of joy 4laugh

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Apocalipca
MistressOfTheShadows
Apocalipca

Ah, I see... incidentally, did you stay up & watch them? If so, what did you think of them? If not, why not?

Asylum v2's King

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
MistressOfTheShadows
Halo Master 05
MistressOfTheShadows
Light Soprano
Zeroah
Halo Master 05

Oh okay good! Toonami is more for older teens and adults in my mind. at least if they do it right, dont you agree?

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Halo Master 05
MistressOfTheShadows
Halo Master 05
MistressOfTheShadows
Light Soprano

Oh okay good! Toonami is more for older teens and adults in my mind. at least if they do it right, dont you agree?
Yeah. Although personally I'll never grow up.. I am forever a teen in my mind...

Asylum v2's King

13,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
MistressOfTheShadows
Halo Master 05
MistressOfTheShadows
Halo Master 05
MistressOfTheShadows
Light Soprano

Yeah. Although personally I'll never grow up.. I am forever a teen in my mind...

same here! i will always be a teen in my heart no matter how old i get 3nodding

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I remember Toonami being on in the afternoons and the Saturday night thing. I think that's when they were starting to air shows like Naruto and Rurioni Kenshin (though, I will admit Kenshin was first).

It disappoints me that it's so late at night, but at the same time, I have no expectations of Adult Swim in the first place.

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Mark Twain 100
MistressOfTheShadows
Apocalipca
MistressOfTheShadows
Apocalipca

Ah, I see... incidentally, did you stay up & watch them? If so, what did you think of them? If not, why not?

I put my response in the first post. EDITED.

Moonlight Healer

T.O.M. said that? O_o Sheesh I was hoping they'd keep it appropriate it enough to air during the day like in the past.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff