Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've got a question. So it's been almost a week that I've avoided getting sick from people I live with. They had a nasty chest cold, they're on the mend - but I am starting to get sick.

Symptoms:
- Post Nasal drip
- Dry itchy throat
- Minor cough
- some phlehm
- shortness of breath (fine climbing up and down 1 set of stairs. 2 does me in)
-tightness/pain occassionally when taking a deep breath

I was out today and felt like I was going to pass out. It was the freakiest feeling ever. After coming home I've got Vicks Vapo rub and a heatpack on my chest(that's helped immensely) and have been drinking Earl Grey with honey. Also taking Mucinex for the phlegm.

Anyone else have any ideas of what I should try? I don't want this to get worse D:
Also, how would I know when to go see the doctor?
Flygoedla
I've got a question. So it's been almost a week that I've avoided getting sick from people I live with. They had a nasty chest cold, they're on the mend - but I am starting to get sick.

Symptoms:
- Post Nasal drip
- Dry itchy throat
- Minor cough
- some phlehm

I was out today and felt like I was going to pass out. It was the freakiest feeling ever. After coming home I've got Vicks Vapo rub and a heatpack on my chest(that's helped immensely) and have been drinking Earl Grey with honey. Also taking Mucinex for the phlegm.

Anyone else have any ideas of what I should try? I don't want this to get worse D:

ARGH Getting bronchitis is the worst! Mine lasted for almost a week. If you have organic/non-pasterized honey drink a cup of that every few hours. That helped me the most and i got better a bit quicker. Bronchitis usually lasts a week - 2 weeks. I hope you feel better!
unicorncakes
Flygoedla

Symptoms:
- Post Nasal drip
- Dry itchy throat
- Minor cough
- some phlehm

ARGH Getting bronchitis is the worst! Mine lasted for almost a week. If you have organic/non-pasterized honey drink a cup of that every few hours. That helped me the most and i got better a bit quicker. Bronchitis usually lasts a week - 2 weeks. I hope you feel better!

I ended up going to the doctor because of the chest pain, got diagnosed with an ear infection and acid reflux! Never knew I had it, so I got put on antibiotics and Prilosec I'm starting to feel better. Apparently those two can make a cold feel unbearable.
Flygoedla
unicorncakes
Flygoedla

Symptoms:
- Post Nasal drip
- Dry itchy throat
- Minor cough
- some phlehm

I ended up going to the doctor because of the chest pain, got diagnosed with an ear infection and acid reflux! Never knew I had it, so I got put on antibiotics and Prilosec I'm starting to feel better. Apparently those two can make a cold feel unbearable.

Yes those can make it worse, I had an ear infection when I had bronchitis too sad Getting sick at this time of year sucks! At least you went to a doctor for it. I went when i was almost over it.
unicorncakes

Yes those can make it worse, I had an ear infection when I had bronchitis too sad Getting sick at this time of year sucks! At least you went to a doctor for it. I went when i was almost over it.

I am very grateful that I went to the doctor. My ear was very very bad, but I had zero symptoms of an ear infection. I'm not someone who 'gets' over ear infections. They always require treatment. Which I found out ear infections can be caused by Acid Reflux. Had them all my life, along with obnoxious hiccups. Just gotta find out what triggers the reflux.
Flygoedla
unicorncakes

I am very grateful that I went to the doctor. My ear was very very bad, but I had zero symptoms of an ear infection. I'm not someone who 'gets' over ear infections. They always require treatment. Which I found out ear infections can be caused by Acid Reflux. Had them all my life, along with obnoxious hiccups. Just gotta find out what triggers the reflux.

Ah same! I need medication for ear infections. I get them quite often too sad Oh i'm not sure what the doctor prescribes for me I would have to check. Well as long as you went to the doctor it should be over soon

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff