Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

for zombies i will not use a gun. no, better weapon for zombie killing is a sharp edge or blunt object.

but i will keep a gun handy for hostile human contact, humans that are able to use guns themselves and are the only creatures that really pose a threat.

zombies would merely be annoying flies that are easily thwarted away.

O.G. Player

11,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
How I see everyone in the thread:
Weaboo
Cawadooty Kiddy

I'd use any round larger than a .308 to take down a zombie. It seems like a .22 wouldn't do much, and .308 seems like a good stopping point unless of course .223 is available. (Or something similar.)

I wouldn't use guns unless it was really necessary, or to hunt. It seems like an axe, or crowbar would work just as well if they got to close.

If we're talking about zombies where a headshot is necessary I'd probably choose something bolt action, of just a rifle in general.
AA12 AUTOMATIC ASSAULT SHOTGUN(12GAUGE)

DRUM MAGS HOLD 20-32 ROUNDS

3OO ROUNDS PER MINUTE

100 METER RANGE

MADE MOSTLY OF STAINLESS STEEL, AND IS DESIGNED FOR NO JAMMING

REQUIRES LITTLE TO NO CLEANING OR LUBRICATION, DESIGNER SAYS YOU SHOULD CLEAN AFTER 10,000 ROUNDS HAVE BEEN USED.

USES BUCKSHOTS AND SLUGS AND RUBBER STUNNING AMMO. IT CAN ALSO FIRE FLARES, AND FRAG-12'S SPECIAL PURPOSED SHOTGUN GRENADES THAT CAN DETONATE IN MID AIR.

AND IT HAS VERY LITTLE RECOIL, YOU CAN HOLD IT IN ONE HAND AND FIRE LOL. SOUNDS HELLA RELIABLE IN A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE LOL, THAT IS IF U HAVE IT AND ITS AMMUNITION.

cool
A ray gun. Then I would drink PH Flopper.... I would also like a samurai sword, Lol

Fashionable Member

6,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
You could have about 2 swords, 4 knifes, axe, crossbow.

Generous Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I wouldn't use a gun against zombies, I would only use a gun against hostile survivors. What's the point of using a gun on zombies when there are dwindling bullet supplies from other people with the same idea? If you don't have a means of making your own bullets, what happens when you run out?

I would prefer a nice, sturdy, fireman's axe or well made, but easily repairable, machete.

Gem

I would use an melee weapon, not a gun. They make too much noise.

Interesting Shapeshifter

9,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
For all saying that they'd use a melee weapon and not a gun, that is a good mindset but there are still situations where a gun would save you over a knife or crossbow even. In a ZA situation weapons are your life - your protection- even how you'll find food, so have a range of weapons that, while small and easy to carry, cover all your bases.

Weapons of choice:

High Capacity (combating the horde) - AK-47, no questions. While sustained use has several cons using it sparingly only when you need to mow the mo-fo's down dozens at a time it is the best choice. Though ideally you wanna avoid confronting a horde if at all possible.

Pistol - 9mm, Handguns have one distinct advantage over long guns in that they are worn, not borne; wearing a handgun in a holster means that you never have to put it down. The 9mm rounds have the power to break the skull and enter the brain with one shot where the more popular choice, .22 , can take up to 6 rounds to accomplish the same task, holds more ammo than a .45 and has more plentiful ammo. It doesn't have near as much kick as other handguns of similar caliber. Ideal situation for a handgun of any type though is medium range with more zombies around you than you can safely dispatch with your melee weapon.

Hunting - Crossbow, as our favorite redneck has demonstrated on the show the crossbow has great versatility. You can use it to hunt safely without noise, and even use it to silently kill a zombie at a range if necessary (just make sure you have your hunting arrows and zombie killing arrows separated), you can recover and reuse or even MAKE ammo for it if you have the time and skill. Distinct disadvantages though is that it only holds one round, has a slow reload time, is more bulky to carry than a gun, and takes a bit more skill to use than the average gun as you have to account for the wind and such.

Melee - Combat Hunting Knife, while just about anything you can pick up has the capability to be used as a zombie killing weapon this is the most ideal choice. It has the dual usage of being both a weapon and a tool. Any survivalist knows a good knife and lots of rope are essentials.

Accessories - Silencers, common sense, less noise = better.
Ammo Pouch, keep all your ammo in one place on your belt and within easy reach.
Holsters/Shoulder Straps, You wanna keep things on you without compromising your mobility. Straps for the crossbow and AK, keep the unused one at your back and the other one cradled in your arms and don't worry about it being knocked out of your reach. And a sheath for your knife and holster for your handgun- as fun as tucking that pistol into your pants may sound that is a prime position to hurt yourself and a rather insecure one at that.

Jade King LOVES's Partner

Well, considering the environment I'm usually in, you can't go wrong with a Mossberg 500 or an M1911A2, both of which I have easy access to. And if I'm at home, then there are also axes, a crowbar, a couple shovels, and other useful implements in the garage, which can be used when things get up close and personal.
I would use the Winchester and a couple of tomahawks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces