Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
on something i read it said the virus is air born and everyone has it and it kicks in when they die... but what about Jim, who got bitten and started turning while alive? redface probably a bad question hmm?
Once infection is introduced into the blood stream it slowly kills them. After they die they will then turn. The airborne part of the virus doesn't kill you like a bite will.

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Ame Ga Furu
Once infection is introduced into the blood stream it slowly kills them. After they die they will then turn. The airborne part of the virus doesn't kill you like a bite will.

yay thank you for explaining that, i feel stupid now xp but if i didn't ask i wouldn't know 4laugh
Taelanna
Ame Ga Furu

yay thank you for explaining that, i feel stupid now xp but if i didn't ask i wouldn't know 4laugh

No need to feel that way, darlin'. No one really knew until the latest episode where Shane and Randall changed even without a bite.
Ame Ga Furu
Taelanna
Ame Ga Furu

No need to feel that way, darlin'. No one really knew until the latest episode where Shane and Randall changed even without a bite.

I thought it was more like the virus in the air was weaker, almost dormant. It required death or introduction of an active virus to the bloodstream.
CrymsonShadow
Ame Ga Furu
Taelanna
Ame Ga Furu

I thought it was more like the virus in the air was weaker, almost dormant. It required death or introduction of an active virus to the bloodstream.

That is what I said, but you put it a lot better. Though the scratch or bite will kill the injured eventually. The brain has to cease first before it can be reanimated.
Ame Ga Furu
CrymsonShadow
Ame Ga Furu
Taelanna
Ame Ga Furu

That is what I said, but you put it a lot better. Though the scratch or bite will kill the injured eventually. The brain has to cease first before it can be reanimated.

Ah, okay, heh, I didn't get that from the post, sorry. whee
People want to believe so much in the virus being air borne because thats how it is in the comics, but when you actually pay attention so far theres no evidence for that within the show which has already diverged greatly from the comics

Freaking fanboys man

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Ame Ga Furu
Taelanna
Ame Ga Furu

im 2 episodes behind you =) not seen shane change yet =O ...not looking forward to it, he's my favourite. Seemed to be the only one who knew the world wasn't the same eek

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Viral Quarantine
People want to believe so much in the virus being air borne because thats how it is in the comics, but when you actually pay attention so far theres no evidence for that within the show which has already diverged greatly from the comics

Freaking fanboys man

isn't it a good thing it isn't following the comic exactly? i mean at least then there is something different for the people who already know the story.. if you know what i mean eek

Fanatical Zealot

Gangrene, tetnis, HIV, just a basic bacterial infection or what have you.
Viral Quarantine

Freaking fanboys man

If it has already strayed so much from the comics than why is it so far from the realm of possibility?

Also....
"I refer you to what the good doctor whispered to Rick on the last episode of season one. You can only see it with subtitles, unfortunately. Watching the episode on a streaming site with english subtitles will reveal. "We are already infected". Or something like that. I can't seem to recall.
the airborne rumor is not a fact. they are theories. only moronic people conclude them to be facts. don't listen to rumors, unless they have been confirmed by producers and reliable sources. people in this form need to take a logic class.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff