Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
...because of the news of osama dying, it has shadowed the big news of the royal wedding~
i thought it would have been the talk of the whole month but apparently not
^^;;

IRL Gekko

5,375 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
well all the good/bad stuff happend when the royal weddings happon so i think some thig will happen thats bad ninja ninja ninja

5,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
emotaco129
well all the good/bad stuff happend when the royal weddings happon so i think some thig will happen thats bad ninja ninja ninja
Things happen, and we can't always control when they happen.
LuminousDream
...because of the news of osama dying, it has shadowed the big news of the royal wedding~
^^;;

lol so true x3

Greedy Bloodsucker

LuminousDream
^^;;

It doesn't need to be talked about for a month. These are two average people in a rich wedding. Their royalty is inherited so they do not deserve publicity. They put in no work to become leaders. A monarchy existing today is absolutely despicable; this isn't the medieval ages.

Dangerous Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Natharek
LuminousDream
^^;;

It doesn't need to be talked about for a month. These are two average people in a rich wedding. Their royalty is inherited so they do not deserve publicity. They put in no work to become leaders. A monarchy existing today is absolutely despicable; this isn't the medieval ages.

yes it doesn't need to be talked about so much in my opinion as well~
though... it's not every day the prince who is second in line to take the throne from queen elizabeth II marries
and hm, that may be your opinion, but i think the people in that kind of government likes having a monarch c:
though i prefer the government here in america ^^;

Greedy Bloodsucker

LuminousDream

though... it's not every day the prince who is second in line to take the throne from queen elizabeth II marries
and hm, that may be your opinion, but i think the people in that kind of government likes having a monarch c:

You know those prepubescent teenage girls who fawned over Brittany Spears in the late 90's, and became mindless drones for her music, clothing, and attitude? English people who enjoyed the wedding are Europe's version of that.

Person X should not let their life completely revolve around Person Y, especially if Person Y doesn't even know who Person X is.

In the world of materialism and repressed envy, fandom becomes fem-dom.

Dangerous Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Natharek
LuminousDream

You know those prepubescent teenage girls who fawned over Brittany Spears in the late 90's, and became mindless drones for her music, clothing, and attitude? English people who enjoyed the wedding are Europe's version of that.

Person X should not let their life completely revolve around Person Y, especially if Person Y doesn't even know who Person X is.

hm. i do agree with you here.
an admiration for a person has its limits. if it exceeds the limits, it becomes unreasonable.

though i dont see how this has to do with this.

I'd have to disagree with you here.
Yes teenage girls loved Spears for her music, clothing, attitude, etc.
But i don't think the majority of the English fawns over the relationship or marriage of prince william and kate because of those reasons.
As mushy and unrealistic as it may seem, maybe they enjoyed it for the sole reason that they are happy for the new couple.

Greedy Bloodsucker

LuminousDream
Natharek
LuminousDream

an admiration for a person has its limits. if it exceeds the limits, it becomes unreasonable.

But i don't think the majority of the English fawns over the relationship or marriage of prince william and kate because of those reasons.
As mushy and unrealistic as it may seem, maybe they enjoyed it for the sole reason that they are happy for the new couple.

Really? There was a red carpet and seats facing the walkway in the facility. The Western media was watching a fashion show and a finance flaunt, they weren't watching because they were happy for the couple.

We can go back and forth but I'm one of those people who are so "enlightened" that they're seemingly close-minded and stubborn. Royalists sicken me because I will not give up this ideology: People in higher positions of power are meant to be resisted until they prove to be suitable leaders. When they prove to be suitable, fine by me razz

Dangerous Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Natharek
LuminousDream
Natharek
LuminousDream

Really? There was a red carpet and seats facing the walkway in the facility. The Western media was watching a fashion show and a finance flaunt, they weren't watching because they were happy for the couple.

We can go back and forth but I'm one of those people who are so "enlightened" that they're seemingly close-minded and stubborn. Royalists sicken me because I will not give up this ideology: People in higher positions of power are meant to be resisted until they prove to be suitable leaders. When they prove to be suitable, fine by me razz

*sigh*
yes we can go back and forth with this issue.
'enlightened' hm?
well i'm one of those people who can be open to other people's point of views.
though if you compare your point of views and ideology with mine, yours seem to be more pessimistic thoughts. though i can't blame you there. to me the world is a pessimistic place.
filled with hypocritical people, hatred, jealousy, etc.
which is why... for people like me, seeing a wedding... or even a simple wedding or happy moment makes me happy. it's reassuring to know that sometimes there are happy moments here in the world.

when they prove suitable hm.
this all has to do with our points of views on the topic.
some people may find people of royalty to be stuck up and think of them as people who are always flaunting.
others may admire them for their endurance and accomplished works they have done.
so while you may think royalists nowadays, aren't suitable, someone else may think they have already proven themselves to be suitable leaders.

well this was an interesting chat. thank you for allowing me to see this topic in another perspective.

Greedy Bloodsucker

In the past I've been open-minded enough to learn what I can so I can then gradually become a pessimist with a set of ideologies that would help me transcend the society in which I live.

You're welcome! Have a great day. :3

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LuminousDream
^^;;

Well while there is happy news of a wedding (start of a marriage where the years of dating is longer than actual marriages in the royal court, first turn of a century, and the fact that the royals are with the program of the 21st century - truly historic), Osama Bin Laden is dead. This is fantastic news and it does have a bit more of a priority over the wedding. Both will be in the history books, however... Bin Laden's death might be on the news longer... It could mean trouble for the US, UK, and other countries in the near future. sad
I will say this: I really doubt Gaia's going to make a Hot Topic called "Dead Osama" or something similar.

Other than that, some people, for whatever reason, like to focus on the bad. Bin Laden's death will give them something to have an opinion over.

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Bin Laden isn't dead.
He died five years ago. Come off it, dying RIGHT before Obama's election? Obviously, hoax.
Besides, who cares? his terrorist group wont. They'll still attack. What, Al Qaeda will say "OMG BIN LADEN IS DEAD!! WHAT DO WE DO! RETREAT! AMERICA HAS WON!"

And Kate and William:
It sickens me to hear about your Royalty views. Noone cares. Our royalty is England's tradition. It sickens me when people say "Oh Royalty, yeah they kill people." No, this isn't the medieval ages. Our royalty has been to Iraq.
What's your Government done there besides ******** up the population, kill people with Israelian-made incendiary bombs (eyes looking at Georgia here) and steal their Oil?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff