Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
people are using this much money on a useless wedding when this money could be put to good use for England? I mean, WTF! If they got married in a backyard with a justice of the peace and a witness it would be as legally binding! STOP THE HULLIBALOU!
well the wedding was a special even that only takes place once in a while... so my suggestion to you is to embrace the fact that they got married!!! so stop acting like a plank you bloke!!!

Citizen

Actually the wedding was probably good for the economy.

For example all those people who came to london, well, they need somewhere to stay (not just tents), food to eat, stuff to drink (I heard the shops ran out of liquor) etc.
The royals spent a lot of money setting this thing up. Its not as if it dissapears when they spend it, so its good for business.

The wedding was a moral boost.

Witty Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Indeed, but when there was around 70 million UK pounds of taxed money used, and only 20 million was made back, I dont see exactly how good this was.

Sure it was a moral boost, just ask anyone living there if they liked spending all that money on a wedding. Also, that day was a national holiday, so many places were closed.

The concern was that because the U.K. economy would shut down for the national holiday, productivity would grind to a halt. Wonderfully, this did not happen, but it was a rather close call.

Witty Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
luvbug5995
well the wedding was a special even that only takes place once in a while... so my suggestion to you is to embrace the fact that they got married!!! so stop acting like a plank you bloke!!!

Meh~ I'm okay with them married. I guess I just think marriage is way over done and elaborate, and was using theirs as a perfect example.

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
With all this money they can atleast feed the poor.
Oni Sonir
luvbug5995

Meh~ I'm okay with them married. I guess I just think marriage is way over done and elaborate, and was using theirs as a perfect example.

i like your honesty!!!

7,900 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I highly dislike the fact so much money was wasted on it, when it could go to something like the NHS, or something to benefit the whole of Britain (not just England)

Yet I have to agree, it brought in a lot of tourism, and it's a very rare event that media grab at, the royal wedding will benefit the economy hugely.
No one like's you for saying that.... i mean really stare

Witty Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Taylor Brown22
No one like's you for saying that.... i mean really stare

Who? My dear, lots of people have said things here, do you mean me? Or the person above you. Or the person above that person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff