Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Gaian

Note: I'm only talking about the book, I haven't watched the movie yet
    May contain spoilers

I like the hunger games, it's alright.
    I've enjoy the first book, loved the use of skills, the idea behind the story, the plot, the character(s) development, etc...

The only thing I didn't like, there was too much romance for my liking. (they stayed in a cave for a week or something and pretty much did lovely lovely s**t. yes I know why, but honestly I kinda wish they didn't had to go that far)

People told me the second and the third book is pretty bad,
    with the second book slightly messed up
    and the third which pretty much ruins everything? I'm not sure
    yes I should read it first... but I want you guys to state your opinion on what ruined the second and the third book and what would have been better. spoilers are allowed, since I doubt I would read the book and just watch the movie instead.

4,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I could spoil a moment, but I'm to nice to say it.
Sorry. smile
The last book was I think the best.
And don't go with the crowd. If it's only a few people saying it's bad, read it.
If there are 1,000 people saying it's bad, well....it's bad.
I loved all 3 of the books and I'm proud of it.
bump, i loveeeeeeeeeeee all

Liberal Gaian

Well, thats pretty sad
    I'm not getting enough reviews :l
I disagree with the cave scene being sappy.
In my opinion, the trilogy doesn't even have enough romance to begin with, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Moving on... I read Catching Fire in a day, the first half is really boring... I had to finish reading or else I'll never read it because I won't want to pick it up. However, the second half talks about the Quarter Quell and I simply love it.
OH OH OH AND FINNICK ODAIR.

Yeah, Finnick and the Quarter Quell is the only thing good about Catching Fire and Suzanne Collins is really good in doing cliff hangers because the ending of Catching Fire immediately made me want to reach out for Mockingjay already.
Mockinjay is a lot more interesting than the first half of Catching Fire because it's still kind of slow-paced and still lacking the adrenaline that was present in The Hunger Games...

Mockingjay is the last book, so why wouldn't you want to read and know the ending? The ending was *not gonna say* and I couldn't stop crying...

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Friendly 100
well......if you think the cave part of the book was too much romance....
then idk how ur going to feel about the 2nd or third books.
truth be told

personally I loved the second and third books. The story wasnt ruined at all...it built on itself and got better and better
(thinking about it the story of the hunger games is very predictable im not saying its anything new....BUT just because its predictable, doesnt mean it loses awesomeness.)

Theres a lot more action in the second and third books
a lot more intense emotions (have you heard of the character Finnick at all?)

but theres also more romance....because duh Katniss does eventually have to end up with either gale or peeta and that doesnt happen without the romance part

Fluffy Bunny

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I liked the 2nd book, and I liked the 3rd book as well--but personally I think the 3rd book was too rushed.

One does not simply win a war in such a short span of time.

Shadowy Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200

I'm currently reading the 3rd book and I'm rather disappointed, just as I was with the movie. The movie made the 2 weeks in the arena look like 2 DAYS, and a handful of BIG details that happened in the book did not get their scenes in the movie! I won't say what they were in case you don't want the spoiler for whatever reason.
Anyways, I feel the third book is being dragged out, and the author is just RUINING it by making so many characters either die or go crazy =/
I hate what the Capitol did to Peeta, but I wish he never got better so Kat could be with Gale, honestly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff