• Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
sexyrexymonsta
PrinceBloodElf
sexyrexymonsta
PrinceBloodElf
sexyrexymonsta

Well fyi I'm not the only one who uses this account and sadly its unfortunate that we have people like you on gaia. Just don't bother reading it if you can't understand it. Not to be an a*****e or anything but that's what I think. People make mistakes get used to it and I saw that rude comment and didn't take kindly to it. The forums are used to post your thoughts its not exactly going to make sense if you just want to get your opinion seen. If you need double spaced paragraphs to read consult gaia that's not the members problem on how you read best. I'm very defensive when it comes to my loved ones, i hope you can tell the difference between writing styles, Dude!
*end of conversation*

Correction, JOURNALS are what you use to post your thoughts. Naturally, if you post in the forums, everyone can see it. If you don't want your opinions seen, then stick 'em in your journal. It's what journals are for.

I don't understand how my comment was "rude," it was a suggestion. And the first sentence was a fact.

It's not writing styles.
Run-ons aren't writing styles. They're simply mechanical errors.

This is about the Hobbit don't complain about opinions you officially killed this thread. At least comment about the Hobbit instead of focusing on how bad the grammar is. The point of this post was to get others input. Which you haven't done all you have done is complain Just hush! By writing styles I meant the difference between my posts and the original thread post. No one has time to check there grammar when they are making a quick post. We aren't writing a book here or getting marked. If this was a Fan Fic then maybe just maybe we would worry about punctuation. We don't need you to state a fact that is obvious just comment for the sake of comments about the Hobbit.

1, I wasn't complaining about your opinion, I was complaining about the fact that I couldn't read it, and I secretly hoped that you could add in some periods.

2, how is the first post a "quick post?" Take your time, it's not like someone's gonna rush in, take your post, and be like, this is mine now! Frankly, the grammar in your last few posts are better. Why the rush?

3, Think of it from my point of view. I click on a thread that I actually want to comment on, because I don't go around being a grammar nazi, and I find that I can't understand what you're saying. Of course I'd comment on the grammar, especially since mine was the first reply and there was no one else to follow up on. And then I was gonna comment on the actual movie, when someone started hating on me. I hate that phrase, but it seems appropriate.

4, Yeah, the movie wasn't too great. Definitely too bright, and the CGI was better this time, though normally, CGI doesn't look too great. The part about splitting the Hobbit into three movies didn't stick too well with me either. Of course, they did add in the Necromancer's fight with Gandalf, Galadriel, and some other things.

The first post wasn't mine! No one likes to or enjoys looking over grammar and spelling. Some people haven't had the proper education to know where to place commas. That's better! Maybe it's just me, but I understand the first most. By the way you just bashed the grammar as your first post made it seem like you were a Grammar Nazi. I'm not saying I was rushing my grammar, but the person that wrote the first post didn't think it mattered and if you understood it, comment, if you don't, don't leave a comment or its totally up to you. its just sad that you instantly just had to point that ou tit wasn't rude just pointless to state the obvious.

Well, that explains a bit, I guess.
I pointed it out/stated the obvious hoping that the person would maybe LEARN from their mistakes and perhaps attempt better grammar next time. And you know what? Lots of people on Gaia think grammar matters quite a bit.

Assuming that you guys live in either America or England, and that you both know each other because you share ONE account, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that the first person doesn't apply their education? Because in America, education and being literate is kind of.... mandatory. And if you don't use your knowledge to the best of your ability, it's a bit of a waste, and quite frankly, it's what makes people lose faith in humanity, being lazy. Or thinking that people can read through your laziness.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
I know it matters but some can't help it. The initial poster knows he has bad grammar and seriously can't help that. Even if they tried to correct it, it would probably make it make less sense. People can't help if they have a disability which doesn't exactly aid to their grammar. And its not mandatory to be literate who told you that? If there are disabilities like dyslexia and verbal learning its not mandatory.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Please check out my post:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-requests/artist-available-for-a-limited-time-dec-earlyjan/t.83848201/?_gaia_t_=3936

Feral Phantom

sexyrexymonsta

The first post wasn't mine! No one likes to or enjoys looking over grammar and spelling. Some people haven't had the proper education to know where to place commas. That's better! Maybe it's just me, but I understand the first most. By the way you just bashed the grammar as your first post made it seem like you were a Grammar Nazi. I'm not saying I was rushing my grammar, but the person that wrote the first post didn't think it mattered and if you understood it, comment, if you don't, don't leave a comment or its totally up to you. its just sad that you instantly just had to point that ou tit wasn't rude just pointless to state the obvious.

False statement is false. Also, it's a free forum to post whatever you like in, so you can't really police a person's ability to post.

Also, Smaug wasn't in the beginning of the Hobbit story in a big way at all, so he wasn't in the first movie. Simple.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Loki son of Laufey
sexyrexymonsta

False statement is false. Also, it's a free forum to post whatever you like in, so you can't really police a person's ability to post.

Also, Smaug wasn't in the beginning of the Hobbit story in a big way at all, so he wasn't in the first movie. Simple.
some people don't like to correct there own grammar. And I could careless when looking at a thread someone posted not everyone has good grammar.

Feral Phantom

sexyrexymonsta
some people don't like to. And I could careless when looking at a thread someone posted not everyone has good grammar

Whelp, that much is obvious...

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Loki son of Laufey
sexyrexymonsta
some people don't like to. And I could careless when looking at a thread someone posted not everyone has good grammar

Whelp, that much is obvious...

Loki, if you read clearly the first thread post wasn't mine. I usually try to get my grammar right the first time. My grammar is better than the person who watched the Hobbit. I don't even know what you all are talking about. I only recognize a few characters since I watched lotr against my will. In grammar commas can be placed differently depending on who is saying it. For example, the phrase "woman without her man is nothing" can be grammatically correct in two ways. It sucks because when it comes to grammar only now I have really learned the basis of grammar and I'm in College. The things I learned was very new. It would have made more sense if I was taught a solid foundation for grammar in elementary. Anyone know about my canadian writing lab?

Manly Lunatic

sexyrexymonsta
Should you really care some people can't write well because they have dyslexia thanks for pointing that out. neutral

Dyslexia isn't even an excuse anymore... I have it, but I do not use it as an excuse for not being able to spell properly, or use grammar properly.

Honestly, there is 1 on 1 tutors who help you gain techniques on how to look past your disabilities and actually spell and use grammar properly.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Not everyone has the necessity to afford a tutor some dyslexics have It more difficult and I'm not blaming it. Check yourself! I don't have to explain why the person that write the first post has Issues with grammar. There is more than one reason to why that person has bad grammar. Its funny how one person complains and everyone has to continue the debate. This thread is suppose to be about the hobbit people.
Half the reason
i went to the flick
was to see the freaking
dragon! Yes it was tease but
I was still like all drooool
over the sexy dragon peeks.

Eloquent Streaker

Jennifurrr182
Anyway, I overall the hobbit film was a disappoint compared to LotR and even the Hobbit book.
I disagree on both points. While An Unexpected Journey wasn't quite as good as the LoTR trilogy, it also has that Fellowship vibe where they focus more on character development and setting up the story (which is why a lot of people think Fellowship is so damn slow compared to the later movies).

As for it being a disappointment to the book, no. Just, no. I read the book about a month before I saw the movie, and the only significant changes are the additions (the scene with Frodo that takes place during Fellowship, Saruman and Galadriel being in Rivendell, Radagast in Dol-Goldur, etc) and the massive changes done with Azog. Other than that, the changes are pretty minor, nothing that would screw the book up the way some people claim the changes to The Lord of the Rings did.

It's still not completely accurate, but like LoTR, the changes worked. I didn't expect a perfect adaptation, and I was not disappointed in the slightest (except maybe by the Wargs and the Eagles not being shown as intelligent).

Feral Phantom

sexyrexymonsta
Loki, if you read clearly the first thread post wasn't mine. I usually try to get my grammar right the first time. My grammar is better than the person who watched the Hobbit. I don't even know what you all are talking about. I only recognize a few characters since I watched lotr against my will. In grammar commas can be placed differently depending on who is saying it. For example, the phrase "woman without her man is nothing" can be grammatically correct in two ways. It sucks because when it comes to grammar only now I have really learned the basis of grammar and I'm in College. The things I learned was very new. It would have made more sense if I was taught a solid foundation for grammar in elementary. Anyone know about my canadian writing lab?

I'm not seeing how your response has anything to do with anything I've posted so far. I already know there's more than one user on that particular account, which stands to reason that I'm speaking with the OP and not you.

8,075 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PrinceBloodElf
Dude, I can barely understand what you're saying. Use periods and punctuation besides commas, for Valinor's sake.

yes please do!
yes ple

Space Seraph

14,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
sexyrexymonsta
I know it matters but some can't help it. The initial poster knows he has bad grammar and seriously can't help that. Even if they tried to correct it, it would probably make it make less sense. People can't help if they have a disability which doesn't exactly aid to their grammar. And its not mandatory to be literate who told you that? If there are disabilities like dyslexia and verbal learning its not mandatory.

Dude, dyslexia, to be blunt, is a s**t excuse.
Honestly. Pure s**t. My friend has ADHD, ADD, and a bad case of dyslexia packed in one, but nooooooo, her grammar is usually flawless.

I never said it was mandatory. Never.
I said you had to freaking try. TRY.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas