Welcome to Gaia! ::

if you dont know wat happened heres the story:

Don Imus has a talk radio show and he and his guest were talkin about the Womens Basketball team at Rutgers College. He said "look at them girls, they have tatoos and everything (They were black). His guest said "yea they are some rough ho's" Imus said "yea, they some nappy headed ho's". the next day he apologized to the womens basketball team and to the NAACP. They said they wont stop harrassing him until he is fired or her quits. What do u guys think should happen?

I think he should be left alone.
I SAY MEAN THINGS. PLEASE CASTRATE ME.
~But only in Madness can one find Sanity~

Howard Stern could say the same thing, and not be affected. It's because he was on Terrestrial Radio.

~And it all begins once again...~
I don't really have a opinion.
He already did get fired. rolleyes
I Do!!! stare stare stare stare
That Racist Jerk should be fired, I'd be ashamed to go to that scool!!
Tirade! At Laugh Factory
He was.
No. Firing him defeats Freedom of Speech.
Yara555

This is where it pisses me off. WHAT RACIST!? Seriously people. He called them nappy headed ho's. That's not racism. It's not like he called them niggers, porch monkeys, nig-nogs, 'coons, etc, etc, etc... He was speaking the truth! They did look like nappy headed ho's. mad And Jesse Jackson has the balls to speak out against this so called "racist" when he himself has said racial slurs about the jews on public radio.
Tirade! At Laugh Factory
I stopped caring about him a few days ago.
He got fired already but what the hell? It's like saying we can't have our freedom of speech. So a rapper can say s**t, mr Reverend ******** thinks he's a fighter no. He starts s**t to keep himself famous. You know, Imus said the wrong thing I admit, but what the hell? You have rappers saying the exact damn things he said and this s**t just needs to stop.
It brings it back to the whole argument on racial comments, I stood up at school and told a chick off for it, and she called me rascist. Ahem, I have every culture running in my family so stfu to her. But yeah, who gives a s**t anymore? The civil rights movement is over and done with, no one has full freedom and you know what, who gives a s**t. Just be glad you aren't living back when everyone listened to a guy sitting on a throne. Psh. It's america, we have freedom of speech, but then we have these idiots who have to get all in a tiff because wow, a white guy called a few girls from the NCAAP "nappy headed ho's." Oh s**t, I just said it too from a quote, Wow sue me, but yeah. This is just a bunch of bullshit so a few guys can stay famous at the expense of others.
Ravenelle
Yara555

This is where it pisses me off. WHAT RACIST!? Seriously people. He called them nappy headed ho's. That's not racism. It's not like he called them niggers, porch monkeys, nig-nogs, 'coons, etc, etc, etc... He was speaking the truth! They did look like nappy headed ho's. mad

I agree. White ppl are called crackers all the time on the radio but we dont call that racist. and he wasnt completely fired. they just took away his TV show, his radio show is on suspension.

Shameless Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

I think it's positively ridiculous that he got fired.
I think people say far worse, all the time, and on a much larger scale and to a larger audience than he did.
Him being fired is absolutely ridiculous.
And I assure you, I'm by no means racist, so my comments can't be based on that assumption.

Our Moral Ethics and Philosophies teacher was talking about how he heard that Imus is already in negotiations with Sirius Radio.
As I was half asleep, I've no clue where he heard it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff