Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm sure it's safe to say that at some point in our lives, we've all been thrust into a situation or two that have either grown far too large to control, or caused a great deal of pain and/or emotional stress. Whether it be heartbreaks, divorces, family problems or anything of the like, unless your some sort of persian pampered princess, or ten year old child, It's near impossible to outrun that feeling of not being able to contain it all without exploding.

This being said, the question I wish to put forward as a disscusion is this:
What do you do to vent? I'm interested in hearing all the different ways that people find to deal with their problems...

(Er, yeah. I'm sorry if nothing I said here was clear, it's past midnight and I'm a tad bit tired.)

Liberal Sex Symbol

Escapism is what EVERYONE does to unwind. Just because some methods aren't what you'd prefer doesn't give you the right to invalidate them.
My way of 'venting' is actually going out to help people.

It calms me down and makes me feel good that I'm making some sort of a difference.
My way of 'venting' depends on what I need to 'vent' about.
When I'm venting I like to drive on the highway, blare my music at an inaudibly loud level, scream the lyrics, and then smoke down.
Inscriven
Escapism is what EVERYONE does to unwind. Just because some methods aren't what you'd prefer doesn't give you the right to invalidate them.

Er, on that topic, I wasn't attempting to invalidate the methoods, however for the purposes of this forum topic in particular, I know I'd get terribly bored If I had to wade through a sea of posts of people all saying pretty much the same thing about drugs and what not...
I don't understand how you can ask how people take care of their stress, then tell most of them not to post because they get high or play video games~

You sir, need to learn how to have a true discussion
second edition
I don't understand how you can ask how people take care of their stress, then tell most of them not to post because they get high or play video games~

You sir, need to learn how to have a true discussion

Eh, I suppose. Didn't think it'd spark that much debate. I'll just edit it out.
My way of venting is pulling out my hair, it's a anxiety thing called 'Trichotillomania'
[.Alice.]
My way of venting is pulling out my hair, it's a anxiety thing called 'Trichotillomania'

Yeouch... would'nt that be extremely painful?
smoke a dart... or two.. or three... and have some coooola
Music.... fast music and studying at the same time!

Techno/Rave/House/Trance/Psychedelic/Euro

Fast moving objects, energy drinks, anything to make me lose my train of focus in terms of emotions and cravings.
Realityfoible
[.Alice.]

Yeouch... would'nt that be extremely painful?
It can be, depends on the stress level.

High stress -= handfulls
Low stress/bordem = 1 - 5 hairs at a time

But I been doing it so long it dos't hurt that much now.
I party hard with my friends to relieve stress. It's especially tough nowadays.

I have a court date for charges of DUI, underage drinking, and careless driving coming up at the end of the month. I will definately get my liscense suspended and a big fat fine, and probably community service.

What did I do, you ask?

I fell asleep at the wheel after a few too many drink late at night, drifted off the side of the road and into some trees at 55mph. I wasn't even speeding. I broke my femur.

Now I'm limping everywhere and can't stay on my feet for more than thirty minutes at a time without serious pain. This is preventing me from working. Because of this, I have had to put off my plans to move out of the parents' house, where I can't stand living.

Yeah, I've got stress these days.

That actually helped a little bit. Venting is fun.
Not to be funny or anything. A journal, seriously. Whether it be an online journal, or one you can actually hold in your hand. It's a great to just get out everything.

I do that, and I play DDR ( or any sort of videogame really.) to get stress out. Dorky, but it works.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff