Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need ideas for my fiancé's Christmas stocking. I've never done this before so I'm looking for ideas. Also, how much stuff are you supposed to put in the stocking? I don't wanna put super obvious and normal things in there like soap, deodorant, nail clippers, etc because he wouldn't really want them.

So far I'll be getting him:
- Band patches
- A block of his favourite chocolate
- Toothbrush (because he never changes his and it's disgusting and makes me want to die)
- Scratchies
- Maybe a calendar cus he's always saying we need one

Is that enough? I feel it's not.

~ What are you putting in Christmas stockings?
~ What would you want to receive in a Christmas stocking?
~ Ideas?

Tipsy Kitten

My mom always puts oranges in the bottom of our stockings

but me personally I don't celebrate christmas

edit: I still can't get over your dog.

Tactical Businesswoman

The little things like what you mentioned are always appreciated. I would want socks, gum, maybe a $10 gift card, random trinkets like dice or small toys, an assortment of xmas themed candy, and chapstick cause that's always going missing and is needed in winter.
My mom always put a granola bar/instant oatmeal packets, oranges, a toothbrush, chocolate/candy, a few small gifts in the our stockings.

Maybe make a mini hot-chocolate mix, so he can enjoy hot cocoa while you celebrate Christmas?

Invisible Humorist

people still do that?

Timid Gaian

My boyfriend's getting:

-Assorted candy
-Small pack of cookies
-Logic puzzle thingy
-K'nex Mario toy
-A pair of socks with hot dogs and hamburgers and fries on them
Not having any... :c

Usually put socks, candy, scratch-it tickets.

Hellraiser

GhostlyMark
people still do that?

rly mark??

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Don't do stockings since its just hubs and I. Maybe next year; I finally found a stocking pattern I like.

Anyway, when my parents and in-laws do stockings for "the kids", I usually get:
- chocolates and candies. My mom is fond of giving me chocolate oranges.
- socks
- lip balm
- gift cards
- cool pens & erasers
- charcoal sticks or other cool drawing things (am artist)
- tiny toys & puzzles
- scratch-off tickets
- nail polish
- lotions & bath soaps
- once I got an ipod nano

I bet a guy would like ties, metro-sexual maintenance kits, or travel gear. Or little things for his car, or mini tools? I think my father-in-law, an avid hunter, gets little hunting gear things, and lots of those hot packs for your pockets.

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It's just the two of us, my husband and I, this year so we are taking a day to go out and shop for things to put in each others' stockings. I've crocheted matching ones that we're pretty excited about.

My husband pretty much knows what to put in mine, I'm apparently extremely easy to shop for, which I think is why I end up with so much stuff. He follows a rule he calls the "Three P's: Pink, Purple, or Ponies". If it's pink, purple, or pony, there's a good chance I will like it. He knows I like the Blind Bag MLP so I will probably end up with a bunch of those this year and some chocolate. My mom always put nail polish and candy and all sorts of toys and goodies in my sister and I's stockings, she always makes sure her kids' stockings are stuffed full to overflowing.

I, on the other hand, have absolutely no idea what to put in his. I never really know what to get for him since he can be difficult to shop for. He's a huge nerd so I think I'm just going to take a walk through HMV the next time we're at the mall. I always know what he likes if I see it, but I am never able to just come up with something.

My family always put oranges at the bottom of our stockings so we are doing that as well (since oranges are delicious).

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
For my son, a tooth brush that spins and coloring supplies. For my husband, most likely candy coal. For my daughter? I don't really know, she'll only be two months old.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
AngelBiscuits
It's just the two of us, my husband and I, this year so we are taking a day to go out and shop for things to put in each others' stockings. I've crocheted matching ones that we're pretty excited about.

Do you have a pattern available or did you buy one? My mom made me, her, and my brother gorgeous stockings. I think I'm the only one that still has mine. She wants (I also want her) to make stockings for my kids.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Usually just candy, honestly. They're not very big.

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Digital Fiend
AngelBiscuits

Do you have a pattern available or did you buy one? My mom made me, her, and my brother gorgeous stockings. I think I'm the only one that still has mine. She wants (I also want her) to make stockings for my kids.

I used this one: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2634.pdf although it's not as pretty as some others I found, but I didn't want to pay 13$ for a pattern. I used a half-double crochet stitch instead of the double crochet, I also altered the toe a little so it's not pointy. I think it turns out nice despite being plainer than some other patterns.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
AngelBiscuits
Digital Fiend
AngelBiscuits

I used this one: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2634.pdf although it's not as pretty as some others I found, but I didn't want to pay 13$ for a pattern. I used a half-double crochet stitch instead of the double crochet, I also altered the toe a little so it's not pointy. I think it turns out nice despite being plainer than some other patterns.

Thanks and congratulations on the marriage! Hope you have many happy years together!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff