Welcome to Gaia! ::

tragic_shirley
MomentRising
[Zainin Tsukaze]
I've been taking four years of Japanese. I'm finally going to Japan next summer.
2 girls I know that are into japs so much are going there. One of them this February, the other one next summer too.

Congrats for you. Just don't end up being in the famous jap gang.

The Yakuza?
Of course domokun pirate They accept non japs too. If I was in Japan, I'd be joining in and become a leader for sure.
Eve Shay
MomentRising
Eve Shay
MomentRising
Eve Shay
xd

Indeed.

It's not 'taking it seriously.' It's called being polite.

Also, your Japanese friends aren't Japanese living in Japan. Thar be the difference.

wahmbulance
Hahahaha this reminds me of a story I heard before. cool

There was this teacher from England that uses the word chaps to say friends or something to his students. He was sent to Japland to teach english to japanese students and the students there have mistaken him saying "Japs" instead of "Chaps".

The end of the story is, is that he got fired.
Yeah, that's kind of what happens with cultural insensitivity, accidental or not.

The end of the story is that you don't seem to want to study it seriously, or have much respect for the language and culture.

wahmbulance
A part from me saying jap, I don't see what other possible way for me to have insulted japs in any way. e__e

Now either you lighten up or you're just being too sensitive.
I'm just saying that that alone is a reaaaally weighty insult.

As an immigrant, I've faced my own share of cultural insensitivity. Not fun, 'kays?

wahmbulance
I never got verbally b***h slapped when someone called me a flip. But a c***k, yes because those idiots mistake me for a chinese
MomentRising
Aruri
MomentRising
Aruri
MomentRising
Aruri
MomentRising whats your nationality? filipino?
Yup. But there's too many dialects and all my life I've been speaking Ilocano and not the official language of Tagalog.

I actually find japanese easier than learning tagalog.

lol, me too... i started learning tagalog before i learned japanese and i know may more japanese now. hahah
surprised You're filipina?!

Now that's something new.

lol well partially anyways... my moms 3/4 filpina and 1/4 white and my dad is 1/2 chinese and 1/2 hawaiin so im all of the above. lol rofl
Hmm I still dunno the origins of hawaiians. How did the first people get there anyway?

And mixed races are hot ninja

lol, i think the hawaiins were just always there... like the native americans. thats if i got my history right anyway... i wasnt the student with the longest attention span when i went to school. sweatdrop
MomentRising
tragic_shirley
MomentRising
[Zainin Tsukaze]
I've been taking four years of Japanese. I'm finally going to Japan next summer.
2 girls I know that are into japs so much are going there. One of them this February, the other one next summer too.

The Yakuza?
Of course domokun pirate They accept non japs too. If I was in Japan, I'd be joining in and become a leader for sure.
The Yakusa do not accept Gaijin into their ranks.

The Japanese can tell if you're Japanese or not.
Fujiko Kurokawa
Eve Shay
Fujiko Kurokawa
The only isamu
僕は日本人"REAL"だよ。
本当ね? surprised
Truth it be!

I've not studied Japanese to any extent, but I can read hiragana, katakana, and some of the most basic kanji - basically enough, I can recognize words and figure out what's going on in simple phrases. Nothing special, but it can be useful.

wahmbulance
あたしも少し日本語がわかります。

日本語を専攻したい。 crying
You said it. :{

I'm not nearly disciplined enough! It's not a very difficult language, in its essence, but it can be so specific in some areas that it scares me away.

So, yeah - I do with just a little.

wahmbulance
MomentRising
Eve Shay
MomentRising
Eve Shay
MomentRising
Eve Shay
xd

Indeed.

It's not 'taking it seriously.' It's called being polite.

Also, your Japanese friends aren't Japanese living in Japan. Thar be the difference.

wahmbulance
Hahahaha this reminds me of a story I heard before. cool

There was this teacher from England that uses the word chaps to say friends or something to his students. He was sent to Japland to teach english to japanese students and the students there have mistaken him saying "Japs" instead of "Chaps".

The end of the story is, is that he got fired.
Yeah, that's kind of what happens with cultural insensitivity, accidental or not.

The end of the story is that you don't seem to want to study it seriously, or have much respect for the language and culture.

wahmbulance
A part from me saying jap, I don't see what other possible way for me to have insulted japs in any way. e__e

Now either you lighten up or you're just being too sensitive.
I'm just saying that that alone is a reaaaally weighty insult.

As an immigrant, I've faced my own share of cultural insensitivity. Not fun, 'kays?

wahmbulance
I never got verbally b***h slapped when someone called me a flip. But a c***k, yes because those idiots mistake me for a chinese

my high school is 3/4 filipino (yet strangely i live in CA) and everyone just assumes we're all flip and are always talking about "chinks" and "japs" i cant stand it!
You're a fake Japanese??
Fujiko Kurokawa
Eve Shay
Fujiko Kurokawa
The only isamu
僕は日本人"REAL"だよ。
本当ね? surprised
Truth it be!

I've not studied Japanese to any extent, but I can read hiragana, katakana, and some of the most basic kanji - basically enough, I can recognize words and figure out what's going on in simple phrases. Nothing special, but it can be useful.

wahmbulance
あたしも少し日本語がわかります。

日本語を専攻したい。 crying

でも君の日本語はいい。 3nodding
The only isamu
Fujiko Kurokawa
Eve Shay
Fujiko Kurokawa
The only isamu
僕は日本人"REAL"だよ。
本当ね? surprised
Truth it be!

wahmbulance
あたしも少し日本語がわかります。

日本語を専攻したい。 crying

でも君の日本語はいい。 3nodding
I love knowing what's going on, and I agree. :}
wahmbulance
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU~
The only isamu
Fujiko Kurokawa
Eve Shay
Fujiko Kurokawa
The only isamu
僕は日本人"REAL"だよ。
本当ね? surprised
Truth it be!

wahmbulance
あたしも少し日本語がわかります。

日本語を専攻したい。 crying

でも君の日本語はいい。 3nodding
It's only because I've been studying for years before I got to college.

No one in my beginning class can read hiragana like me, except for the teachers who ARE Japanese.
MomentRising
tragic_shirley
MomentRising
[Zainin Tsukaze]

The Yakuza?

I dunno, the full body tattoo part would hert like a b***h.
Fujiko Kurokawa
The only isamu
Fujiko Kurokawa
Eve Shay
Fujiko Kurokawa
The only isamu
僕は日本人"REAL"だよ。
本当ね? surprised
Truth it be!

wahmbulance
あたしも少し日本語がわかります。

日本語を専攻したい。 crying

でも君の日本語はいい。 3nodding
It's only because I've been studying for years before I got to college.

No one in my beginning class can read hiragana like me, except for the teachers who ARE Japanese.
Seems to me like you have a very strong basic understanding, though.

Good luck with your studies!

wahmbulance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas