Welcome to Gaia! ::

Possibly one of the most confusing and frustrating things in life. Ever. At least in my eyes. For those of you who don't know a variable is an uncertainty in a problem, a number/quantity/quality/something undetermined in an equation. Either you can solve it for yourself or you're left questioning what it is. For the world of Quantum Mechanics, variables is all you have because time/place/everything is uncertain and, according to the theory, needs parallel universes to carry out every single possibility for every decision there is. I know it sounds trippy but it seems a lot of modern science is looking that way recently.

A variable can be the number of people you prepare for at a party you're hosting. How many supplies do you put out, you could extremely over/underestimate and look like a fool.

For a general not knowing the number of troops on the enemy's side, not even an estimate, can be one of the most disheartening things to encounter before battle. To not know how many of what type of troop even more confusing if you know how many. Do you bring out mortars, tanks, or heavy defenses? It all depends on your enemy.

Even just trying to have an afternoon snack of cookies and milk can end up frustrating. You don't know the number of cookies in the bag, pour yourself a big glass of milk, and then end up having to drink a mug of it with one cookie.

So, what's your opinion on variables, the most underestimated item of math?
Mental Math <3
MY VARIABLES ARE DETERMINED IN SCIENCE =D
Lindsaii
Mental Math <3
Awesome s**t. I love solving algebra inequalities. Love.
I just hate math, period.
I hate variables with a passion.
SUMMERT!ME
I just hate math, period.

Seconded.
Zolu
I hate variables with a passion.
Really? They're kinda cool I think. Uncertainty is one of the most enjoyable things in life.
-1^(1/2) heart math.
MadamexPredictable
MY VARIABLES ARE DETERMINED IN SCIENCE =D

huzzah!
J-o-j-o
OCD
That was a really shitty flame.
Kinky old hobo
-1^(1/2) heart math.
I love how almost no one's discussing the topic. =D
RifleFetish
J-o-j-o
OCD
That was a really shitty flame.
because it wasn't a flame
I was so bad at math.

I basically forgot everything about variables when I graduated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff