Yes 0.1608040201005 16.1% [ 32 ]
No 0.8391959798995 83.9% [ 167 ]
Total Votes:[ 199 ]
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Damn, well, US alsmot got blown up this morning.

NO JOKE.. (This was 45 minutes ago, the news just got aired on my TV.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14278216/?GT1=8404

British authorities said Thursday they had thwarted a terrorist plot to simultaneously blow up several aircraft heading to the U.S. using explosives smuggled in hand luggage, averting what police described as “mass murder on an unimaginable scale.” Meantime, a U.S. counterterrorism official called the plot "the real deal."

More from a counterterrorism official familiar with the plan to blow up several aircraft heading to the U.S.:

— The plan called for the flights to be blown up in-flight almost simultaneously, close enough so that flight controllers would not be able to ground planes, and far enough out in the Atlantic so that pilots would have no place to land.

— The plan was to have the attacks carried out near the 9/11 anniversary, but apparently no specific date had been set for the attacks.

— The attacks were planned for "up to 10 flights" on four airlines: Continental, United, American, and British Airways.

— The loss of life was planned to be "comparable to the death toll of 9/11,” meaning close to 3,000 dead.

— The attack was planned as a suicide mission.

— The official said that there is "very good reason to believe that this is al-Qaida.”

- Robert Windrem, NBC News Investigative Producer

s**t, what the hell?

What kind of a coutnry do we live in where the leader thinks violence is the answer, and that we are constantly threatened by terrorist attacks? What kind of a world do we live in where there is terrorism? Why are we still fighting the Iraq war if we have Saddam, we've established the government, and we've killed thousands and lost thousands?

To quote Magneto in Ultimate X-men vol1:

"The world is more than five billion years old, and yet, in just 200 years, homo sapiens has created an environment which will only sustain us for another few decandes.

They INVENTED war, They wrote manuals on torture.

Every living relative i had in the world was either gasses, shot, or roasted alive in one of their periodic GENOCIDES.

They're a fundamentally flawed creation and it's out duty to replace them at the earliest opportunity. ....

.... I only wish to teach them the error of their ways... "

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Crap, now airports are on red alert and no liquids are allowed.
You know, I've never understood why they even bother getting ont he damn plane. Surely, it would be easier to blow up the AIRPORT?
I heard about that this morning, this new 'no liquid' is really dumb.
I mean, really. if Iw ant to take orange juice on the plane, i'm taking orange juice on the dang plane.
Axioma
You know, I've never understood why they even bother getting ont he damn plane. Surely, it would be easier to blow up the AIRPORT?

It would, but it would also be...easier. Afterall, all you need to do that is some explosives in a hand bag...or in a van parked out front (ala Oklahoma City).
slifertheskydragon

I think they've stopped carryon's also. I wonder if this is going to stop my cousin from coming to visit next month...
Axioma
rofl
at least he US is only banning liquids and gels from carry ons, the UK is going to an even greater extreme to keep passengers safe.

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Brazen_Tart
slifertheskydragon

I think they've stopped carryon's also. I wonder if this is going to stop my cousin from coming to visit next month...

The attack was planned to be as close to 9.11 as possible.
(Stopm bumping--this is ED, threads move slowly--people will see your topic.)

I know, I was watching it on the news just now.
My mum normally hates the police for little given reason but she agreed with me how good they were to catch this BEFORE it happened are the security in place.

You seem to be blaming your president though, why? These terrorists would still exist if he didn't.
That counterterrorism act of blowing up the planes doesn't look very cool though.
Riratio`
I heard about that this morning, this new 'no liquid' is really dumb.
I mean, really. if Iw ant to take orange juice on the plane, i'm taking orange juice on the dang plane.
Best hiding place is the a**l cavity, I bet.

Anyways, I'm not really suprised. The muslim extremists have had it in fro the US for a while. Another attack was bound to happen.

There was a terror plot in Canada. However, an a man on the inside managed to foil the plot, thank god.
slifertheskydragon
Brazen_Tart
slifertheskydragon

The attack was planned to be as close to 9.11 as possible.

I heard that... ug, the whole thing makes me feel sick.

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Well this is how i view the past 3/4 years. (or the past decade)

1. Bush Sr. makes deal with Arabics
2. Bush Jr. carries on the legacy
3. Bush Jr. wants oil fields.
4. 9.11 happens
5. bush uses 9.11 as justification to inavde Afghanistan
6. bush uses 9.11 and "terrorism" as justification to invade Iraq
7. Iraq war continues, thousands die, both soldier and civilian
8. this many deaths, and killing spurs the latest terrorist plot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff