Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good, everyone should be denied from the military.
Padawan Brittany
My ex-boyfriend was denied from the military, but he had nothing wrong with him, so we're still unsure why. Meanwhile, this completely stupid (and kinda chunky) friend of ours got into the military.
They do personality tests. But they typically send letters or give reason to why they don't accept people. I assume anyways
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Huh, Why?

Fanatical Phantom

SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
My ex-boyfriend was denied from the military, but he had nothing wrong with him, so we're still unsure why. Meanwhile, this completely stupid (and kinda chunky) friend of ours got into the military.
They do personality tests. But they typically send letters or give reason to why they don't accept people. I assume anyways

I don't know, my ex-boyfriend was rejected before he had the chance to do personality tests or anything. Meanwhile our friend was accepted before that too. It was like a mix of applying to college and a job - they basically sent off academic history and work history, and got a reply of whether they were accepted or not. Our friend never had any work history, and did horribly in school - so it's as if they were looking for someone nobody would miss if he died.

Maybe the military here is different? I'm not American. Sorry if you're not either, but I have a habit of assuming so with people on Gaia, especially when things seem different here.
SHufflin-Bear
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Huh, Why?

Long answer short: nationalism is stupid and paying people to kill/be killed for anything other than purely defensive purposes is immoral.
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany

I don't know, my ex-boyfriend was rejected before he had the chance to do personality tests or anything. Meanwhile our friend was accepted before that too. It was like a mix of applying to college and a job - they basically sent off academic history and work history, and got a reply of whether they were accepted or not. Our friend never had any work history, and did horribly in school - so it's as if they were looking for someone nobody would miss if he died.

Maybe the military here is different? I'm not American. Sorry if you're not either, but I have a habit of assuming so with people on Gaia, especially when things seem different here.
I'm from good ol Canada. Lol
You'd think the Military would be pushing for people with diseases. No offence, but it seems like less of a loss to lose someone who was already likely to die than to lose a perfectly healthy citizen.

Fanatical Phantom

SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany

So am I...which is why I'm now confused...
Blind Guardian the 2nd
SHufflin-Bear
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Huh, Why?

Long answer short: nationalism is stupid and paying people to kill/be killed for anything other than purely defensive purposes is immoral.
Which is the point of the military? For defense purposes. It's not like the US, who have sent men out for oil, etc.
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany

Was he able to do the aptitude test?

Fanatical Phantom

SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany

Neither of them did one when applying. I know my friend did one, but it was after he was accepted - supposedly it was only to decide which base to stick him at (based on what he'd be best for). I know he was originally situated at an army version of a 'fat camp' - we didn't find that out until months later, when he confided in someone about it and they told everyone. And he's already gained the weight back because basic training and classes aren't as intense.
The Bearded Raincoat
You'd think the Military would be pushing for people with diseases. No offence, but it seems like less of a loss to lose someone who was already likely to die than to lose a perfectly healthy citizen.
This makes sense, actually. Like killing of the disease carring people.So they cant pass on the trait.

I agree, on a unbiased perspective. :p
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany

Neither of them did one when applying. I know my friend did one, but it was after he was accepted - supposedly it was only to decide which base to stick him at (based on what he'd be best for). I know he was originally situated at an army version of a 'fat camp' - we didn't find that out until months later, when he confided in someone about it and they told everyone. And he's already gained the weight back because basic training and classes aren't as intense.
Duh fak. I went through the aptitude test, which followed to the medical exam, passed the first part, then failed the 2nd part which is the other serious stuff, then I would've had to do the physical exam.

All of these are necessary, and mandatory, maybe your ex didn't tell you all the details
SHufflin-Bear
The Bearded Raincoat
This makes sense, actually. Like killing of the disease caring people.

I agree, on a unbiased perspective. :p

Sorry about your disease, man. emotion_bigheart

Fanatical Phantom

SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany
SHufflin-Bear
Padawan Brittany

Duh fak. I went through the aptitude test, which followed to the medical exam, passed the first part, then failed the 2nd part which is the other serious stuff, then I would've had to do the physical exam.

All of these are necessary, and mandatory, maybe your ex didn't tell you all the details

Well, apparently they weren't mandatory here, because my ex-boyfriend definitely told me all the details. He has a habit of being rejected from stuff right away, though - he was rejected from OSAP before he even finished filling out the information. But our stupid a** friend mentioned all the details too - he was so proud of himself, and he never had to do stuff like that until AFTER he was accepted. So maybe the Forces office in our town is just really bad or something.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff