Welcome to Gaia! ::

All your Polls...

are belong to us 1 100.0% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]

This is not about cutting for attention. Please read 1st post.

So I was talking with some friends not to long ago about things we use to do when we were younger. Well I brought up the fact I use to cut myself and everyone started calling me Emo. But the fact is at the time I had no idea what Emo was. My mom's ex was one of those guys who liked to keep total control over his women and children, didn't let them do anything without him being there. And he was mentally and emotional abusive. I couldn't write to get my feelings out cause he would take my journals and burn them.

So I started to cut as a way to kind of... take my mind off the pain. Well my friends agreed that that's better than looking for attention. So I'm wondering GD, how many people who cut are doing it for attention or are doing it for another reason? Yes this includes Masochists. And for reference it's been about 4 years since then and I am happily SI free.

And if you don't know what SI is (other than the Spanish word for yes) go here
http://coy.state.va.us/Modalities/selfinjury.htm

~Discussion~
SI
Do you know people who are SI's
and for the hell of it, cats
Shweet poll.

For Great JUSTICE!!!

EMO!
scream
Well...when my mom died a few years ago, I couldn't seem to rid my self of the sorrow... so I started cutting. I stopped imedietly after my dad told me it wasn't what she would want... but it was a strong feeling. Like if you've ever hated someone so much you want to cry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff