Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ok. So most animals on this planet play a role in keeping the ecosystem balanced. Not all animals, mind you. Just the majority of them.

Humans fall under the category of: "Were we not here, the planet would continue to evolve and thrive." and chances are, without us, the planet would be in much better shape.

So why this, "Self importance" that people seem to have. The human race is supposedly THE most important race, but that's only in the eyes of people and domestic animals. People are important to the systems that people created to govern people, and to the docile animals that need us to survive. (And we MADE them that way over hundreds of years of breeding)

Now, I don't want a bunch of "The bible says" responses, because even if the bible truly came from God's mouth to man's ears, the human who wrote it was not infallible and that still doesn't change the fact that human beings are not needed for this planet to thrive.

Discuss:
I'm sure you can find the discussion
Humans are a plague if you ask me, like you said, this world would be better off without them, chances are, humans were a mistake in general.
Nail. Head. You hit it my friend.
We are only important to ourselves.
We are not needed.
Nothing is needed, but seeing we are the only species hat decide how things go then we also have a responsibility to look after the planet that we 'rule'.
So far we have been doing a sucky job...
--------------------

-
Hmm

I've never thoguth of it that way. You do raise a good point though.

MONKEYS WOUDL BE THE MOST ADVANCED SPECIES/ANIMALS OO: -

--------------------
BID ON MY PANTIES >_<
--------------------

-- "TAXI, TO THE COPA CABANA!"
Importance is relative...

Devoted Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
What was that one movie where the alien said that people were a virius?

I like people, I really do. But I think they spend too much time trying to control and tame the wilderness instead of realizing that we depend on it as well.

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
Branwen Silverwolf

I like people, I really do. But I think they spend too much time trying to control and tame the wilderness instead of realizing that we depend on it as well.

I think that was species. Technicaly, the alien is right if you look at the planet as a living being and people as smaller organisms.

I love people as well, but some of the views I see and things that we as a species do are hate worthy.
Branwen Silverwolf

That was the Matrix.
Agent Smith said it.
I kind of like how environmentalists try to protect the world when the best thing they could possibly do for the world is to just kill themselves.

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
Yazok
I kind of like how environmentalists try to protect the world when the best thing they could possibly do for the world is to just kill themselves.

LOL. Possibly, but only after they get everyone else killed off, seeing as how they seemingly have the proper view on how the actual planet works, and that is a mindstate that is needed.

Devoted Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
PsyPeterson
Branwen Silverwolf

That was the Matrix.
Agent Smith said it.

I never watched that movie because I'm allergic to Keanu Reeves.

And I'm pretty sure that the movie I'm thinking of had the chick from Halloween and was called 'Virus' but I suck at movies. gonk
any animal on the planet could be eliminated and the planet as a whole would continue. i think that if humans suddenly dissappeared the world would generally be F*&^$5 up for a while as the ecosystem adjusted to it. for example cows, cats and dogs would run rampant and uncontroled for lack of preditors or any other population contorl.

and by the way i like my self-imposed sense of importance thank you. without it the human species wouldn't have evolved socaily to the point it has.
Branwen Silverwolf
PsyPeterson
Branwen Silverwolf

That was the Matrix.
Agent Smith said it.

I never watched that movie because I'm allergic to Keanu Reeves.

And I'm pretty sure that the movie I'm thinking of had the chick from Halloween and was called 'Virus' but I suck at movies. gonk

That was Jamie Lee Curtis and she was in a movie called 'Virus' with Donald Sutherland and Billy Baldwin. It wasn't a very good film, but it WAS nice and violent.
i am a mix of all animals, i can see things from their point of view

i dont think humans are any more important, not even more intelligent really... just more capable

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff