Should you trust a bunny?

yes 0.45901639344262 45.9% [ 28 ]
no 0.54098360655738 54.1% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
< 1 2

lemon.extract
Naomi ~ chan
Alea Facta Est
Epidermis, not whatever you have up there.

Because when you're cutting up live animals, you don't want to ruin an important discovery by freaking out about what you're doing.

Hey, how come no one calls leather skin?

And we don't called beef cow. Or pork pig. Or venison (sp?) deer. Or chicken... wait...

that all started in the middle-ages with the french..................and i'm not going to type the whole story

Yeah, I know. Get the bouf, kill the cow.

But if we associated the meat with the animal, it seems people would be more aware of what they're eating.
You know, Scientist can't find a cure for cancer, but they can find gay penguins somehow.
scientists gives a name to the things they discover or create. Stupid people has to invent another words because they are not capable of understand the first ones.
Escaray
You know, Scientist can't find a cure for cancer, but they can find gay penguins somehow.
hahaha that is funny...there are actually gay penguins?
Normal people use those words, too.

I use a lot of 'smarter' words not to make myself look better, but because "Urinate" just sounds better than "Piss" and things like that.

I think language should be beautiful... not disgusting and littered with words like "s**t" "crap" "********", and the like unless you're being funny or you're angry or something like that.

Hearing them in every day language disgusts me. "Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom." is much more appealing than "I gotta go take a s**t."

Tipsy Codger

Escaray
Isn't that the truth.
Blackberry Sage
Normal people use those words, too.

I use a lot of 'smarter' words not to make myself look better, but because "Urinate" just sounds better than "Piss" and things like that.

I think language should be beautiful... not disgusting and littered with words like "s**t" "crap" "********", and the like unless you're being funny or you're angry or something like that.

Hearing them in every day language disgusts me. "Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom." is much more appealing than "I gotta go take a s**t."

Hear, hear!

Gracious Gaian

9,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200
lemon.extract
Naomi ~ chan
Alea Facta Est
Epidermis, not whatever you have up there.

Because when you're cutting up live animals, you don't want to ruin an important discovery by freaking out about what you're doing.

Hey, how come no one calls leather skin?

And we don't called beef cow. Or pork pig. Or venison (sp?) deer. Or chicken... wait...

that all started in the middle-ages with the french..................and i'm not going to type the whole story

You've just answered your own question. Would you like to know why they use those "scientific" words? Because they're largely Latin. Thus an English chemist and a French doctor can discuss a new form of treatment at a German university... in Latin. At least that used to be the reason, when they actually spoke latin and not just used the vocabulary. I'm sure there are some scientists who still do speak Latin, but it's not as prevalent as it used to be, since English has become the new lingua franca, due largely to the efforts of the Great British Empire. Anyway I digress. The point is they use those terms because they're universal.
So that if they wanted to tell other scientists about something they discovered, they could use the word and it would universally be understood, despite language barriers.
lemon.extract
Scientists are silly.................sometimes

so they like to have there own words to say things

Pee: Urinate
Skin:Epidermis

and all other sorts of words...............why?

Because it's the real words. And you don't have to be a scientist to use them. Everyone uses it everyday.

Gracious Gaian

9,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200
Also, having a variety of words makes the creative writing process a LOT easier. sweatdrop Try going through 4 years of writing classes without synonyms.
They should legalise scientist shooting. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces