Welcome to Gaia! ::

What says nerd to you?

Sometimes the term nerd is used as a compliment - others as an insult. This word can have entireley different meanings depending on the context and an indevidials perception.

Having more fun on gaia than in real life?
A fat kid who plays computer all day and would rather watching startreck than going out? Or Just someone who likes games and computers in general.
Somobody who gets straight A's at school maybe.
Does liking pokemon make you a nerd? Or does playing warhammer, or having a passion for four unit maths.

Do you consider yourself a nerd?

A computer expert by aptitude and not mere training. Usually male, under the age of 35 and socially inept; a person whose tremendous skill with operating or designing computer hardware or software is exceeded only by his, rarely her, passionate love of the technology. See also hacker. - teladesign

Someone who is socially inept and unstylish; especially one with an unnatural devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits. - cem

A nerd is very similar to a geek, but with more RAM and a faster modem. Nerds often find geeks dull because geeks don't spend enough time talking about computers. - scotsmist

Enough spoon feeding for you.
I'm a nerd. xd But of course, Ima cool nerd. -withangermanagmentcough-
Sexy Nerds = Good

Ugly Nerds = Bad
I saw nerd and felt the need to respond.
I'm an otaku sad
Nerds can't grow facial hair, therefor they get no lovin' from me.
People on games call me a nerd when I beat them and they can't win. It just means that I am a better nerd than them. Newbs. stare
Nerds are tasty. cool

But sometimes if I have too many in my mouth they're really sour and make me scrunch my face up. D:

Angelic Slayer

9,800 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Cinder Dust
I'm an otaku sad

You do know that otaku actually means 'house' in Japanese?

... while all off the other popular/ other kids in school go to the mall, football games, places like that. The nerd stays at home and reads/ and reads/ and reads alot.
... while the popular guy/or girl in school has a hot GF/BF, the nerd has his club< the chess club that is.
... while the other kids at school go to prom and dance the night away, the nerd sets in the corner of the dance floor playing his/or her gameboy
... LOL< a nerd is a kid who is smart! real smart
... While the other kids in school skip 24 seven, the nerd goes everyday even though he/or she knows there passing in school.

LOL.. a nerd is a nerd nothing more than a nerd and will always be a nerd. but who am i to judge, i really dont care.
Chibi_Sunflower
Cinder Dust
I'm an otaku sad

Yes, but it also means 'nerd'.
It originates from the fact that nerds stay indoors all the time. It's usually used alongside the word describing what they're a nerd about, eg:

Anime-otaku
Konpyuta-otaku

See?
Chibi_Sunflower
Cinder Dust
I'm an otaku sad

rofl Talk about size.
My friends have come up with some weird thing... a geek is a computer game freak and a nerd is a computer game freak with social skills...
Nerds are very small hard and colorful candy that tastes of sugary fruit. They are very yummy, and enough of them can destroy the layer of skin on your tongue.

The American Heritage Dictionary says:

nerd:

Noun
Slang 1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person. 2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff