You are in...

college. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 75 ]
the workforce. 0.08 8.0% [ 14 ]
grad school. 0.16 16.0% [ 28 ]
the elite group of dipshits who eat polls out. 0.33142857142857 33.1% [ 58 ]
Total Votes:[ 175 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Dangerous Lunatic

For all you high school graduates...do you feel like college is a worthwhile experience?

It seems like an excuse to keep the workforce from being inundated with lots of unneeded people, personally.

Dapper Noob

I'm in university, and I think it's a huge waste of my time. ^_^; But that's just me. If you train specifically for one area and know what you want, then it's probably good. <3 In many cases, you won't get a good job without college.
No.

But seducing the confused bi-curious college girls sure is fun. surprised

Magnetic Sex Symbol

The job I want requires a degree, so yeah, it is worth it to me.
Yes. For most people anyway. It can help you find something you like doing and make sure you know how to do it.
I'm in college.

And, I have a question for you. You mention that college is basically only so that the workforce isn't flooded with unnecessary people.

Did you ever think of how many of them have jobs at places like McDonald's (like I do), or other low-end, part time jobs so that they can pay for college, have a partial work experience on their resume, and other things, all so that you have the convenience of using things like fast food restraunts?
If you're interested in learning for the sake of learning than it's worth it. If you only want a job out of it, make sure the program you're going into will actually get you one.
Well the thing you have to ask yourself is this: Do you want to spend your life flipping burgers 40 hours a week and living in a small apartment or do you want to go through 4-5 years of learning (oh no!) and get a nice job that you enjoy? I recently tried working to support myself and it iwas NOT FUN. Going back to college makes me feel so much better. It's your choice though.

Dangerous Lunatic

snowdance
I'm in college.

And, I have a question for you. You mention that college is basically only so that the workforce isn't flooded with unnecessary people.

Did you ever think of how many of them have jobs at places like McDonald's (like I do), or other low-end, part time jobs so that they can pay for college, have a partial work experience on their resume, and other things, all so that you have the convenience of using things like fast food restraunts?

"Them"? Don't you mean "us"? Yeesh.

Yes, we all know part-time employment will really cut out older people from the white-collar workforce. Brilliant. And of course, college students are making our restaurant experiences possible; what else would they do, study? Don't be ridiculous!

Okay, enough sarcasm. It's ridiculous to act like flipping burgers is saving the ******** world...though maybe it is, considering how it gets people nice, obese, and eventually dead. You aren't a full-time worker at any of these places, and those are the slots that need saving since they pay so little.

And I, on the other hand, am saving your computing experiences at the library system. W00.
Well, any sort of technical field needs it.

It's a really good way to learn.

7,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
So long as the system requires and rewards it, it is worth it! 3nodding
Starting college in September I couldn't answer if its worth it or not seeings as Im not in it yet. However if you don't further your education your future won't really be a good one.
I'm in highschool and college both right now and am totally in love with college eek my assignments are so wonderful. I've got high ambitions that only furthering my education could manage 3nodding .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff