Welcome to Gaia! ::

Plastic surgery is..

ok as long as the person has healthy expectations and does not crave perfection 0.37931034482759 37.9% [ 11 ]
not ok because it is fake and superficial and selfish 0.24137931034483 24.1% [ 7 ]
something I don't really care about / have no opinions on 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
the best! I want a boob job, a nose job, botox, eye brow lift, and.. 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 >

Romantic Elocutionist

For you tl;dr'ers: This is just my account of my surgery, it might be interesting to some of you out there who are interested in this stuff. If you don't like reading long things, then don't read it. And don't spam.

Hey, before you call me out as being an attention whore who craves perfection, I just want to clear it up I'm not a perfectionist. I decided to get this rhinoplasty because I had broken my nose way back in 5th grade, and it caused my nose to grow irregularly, making it super duper crooked and permanently swollen looking. People would even point it out. I also had the choice of having my chin done because it's weak, but I decided not to have it done because I feel like the face has to have some imperfections to make it human. Because without the imperfections, where's that unique character you get?

So, I got my nose done today.
and here's all the details and tidbits and stuff for those of you who like to read that stuff. You don't have to read it.

I woke up at 7:00, I was really jittery and anxious, and my mom took me to the hospital. The anesthesiologist led me away to a different room so I could change into the gown thingy, and then they took me to the room where they would be working on my nose. I was terrified.

She inserted the needle into my hand that was connected to tubing and stuff, and I quickly fell asleep. She told me beforehand that I would wake up near the end of the surgery, but I wouldn't feel anything. Sure enough, I woke up during the middle of the surgery, and I could hear the doctors talking, and there was classical music playing in the background. I could barely move, I could only twitch my hands a little bit.

Then I started sputtering up blood, because the blood from my nose was leaking to the back of my throat. I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to die on that surgery table, all because I choked on my own blood. But I didn't.

The anesthesiologist kept reassuring me, saying, "You're doing great" and "your nose looks so pretty." My legs were shaking uncontrollably, I didn't even know why.

Then it was done, I opened my eyes, they got me into a wheelchair, strolled me out to the front, and my mom came by and picked me up in her car. Then I went home feeling miserable, I was crying, I was in so much pain, I felt nauseous and icky, blood was practically pouring out of my nose, even though I had some cotton thingies under my nose to try to reduce the bleeding.

So yeah, I borrowed my sister's computer and I'm sitting here on the couch right now, watching Cashcab. I feel a little better. My nose is bleeding a little less and the painkillers are working. I just feel numb and I can't breathe out my nose.

I don't believe that plastic surgery is meant for those people who want to look "hotter" or perfect. If that's why you want to get plastic surgery, you're getting it for the wrong reasons and that's more psychological. My mom took me to a psychologist before all of this, and my psychologist thought I was pretty healthy (psychologically), and said that she understood why I would want this surgery.

So GD,
does my story make you terrified of plastic surgery?
What do you think of people who have had it done?
What's your opinion on plastic surgery?

Sorry, no picture of my nose yet. Once I find a camera, I'll be sure to get some pictures and show you. Already on the first day, with a puffy swollen nose, I can already see huge changes and it looks like such a cute nose. My mom loves it.

So here's a picture of somebody else's nose job:

User Image
[deviantART]
pictures of me in profile
As an Iranian-American, I say,
Iran needs a real democracy.
At the lonely end of the rink...
I hope that there won't be any complications with your new nose. 3nodding
...you and me.
you're obviously going to heal gorgeously <3

Mewling Garbage

i still want a rhinoplasty

i'd do anything to look good, you see

i'm also getting the fat removed from my cheeks, and my cleft chin sorted cool

i'm sure you look great now
i was talking with my mom about who i look like once
i said "i think i have grandma's nose"
she was like "lol ur grandma had a nose job already"
:'D

congrats on your nose!

Romantic Elocutionist

all_you_need_is_love909
[deviantART]
pictures of me in profile
As an Iranian-American, I say,
Iran needs a real democracy.

The fact that I am Iranian has nothing to do with my nose job.

My sisters are both Iranian and they don't have big crooked noses.
Congrats on your new nose. Hopefully it turns out great.

The only thing that got done to me was my wisdom teeth getting pulled out and that sucked.... I felt the same way you did except the blood came out my mouth... And there was lots and lots of grogginess.

Romantic Elocutionist

Emergency Services

You don't need plastic surgery! gonk You're gorgeous!

Besides, I have a cleft chin too. ^_^ Be proud of it!

Mewling Garbage

Idiosyncratica
Emergency Services

people don't always see me from that angle, underneath a streetlight though .____.

but thanks

mine's a proper butt-chin and it's really embarrassing
Akisoma
you're obviously going to heal gorgeously <3

Romantic Elocutionist

D o l l K i s s
i was talking with my mom about who i look like once
i said "i think i have grandma's nose"
she was like "lol ur grandma had a nose job already"
:'D

congrats on your nose!

Aww your nose is so cute and button-like.

and thanks! (thanks everyone else in this thread too)

Romantic Elocutionist

Emergency Services
Idiosyncratica
Emergency Services

people don't always see me from that angle, underneath a streetlight though .____.

but thanks

mine's a proper butt-chin and it's really embarrassing

Ok just don't mess with your cheeks, they are the perfect shape and they fit your heart-shaped face. Besides, as you age, your cheekbones will get a little more defined over time. I wouldn't mess with them right now. 3nodding
My nose is asymmetrical so I'm going to fix that. I think it's the only thing I'll get unless I decide to get botox when I'm old.

Romantic Elocutionist

Cetreia
My nose is asymmetrical so I'm going to fix that. I think it's the only thing I'll get unless I decide to get botox when I'm old.

I would kill to have a nose like yours. eek

but nooooo never get botox. it always ends up looking puffy and gross and creepy. It settles horribly under the skin, making bumps and gross stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff